Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Rejected SL and wants us, how will Roland react to that :P

I presume you mean Salibur ?

• Richard J said:

Shows how far we have come when I would not want us to consider Wordsworth . A couple of years ago I was gutted when Ipswich pipped us to his signature.

Just signed on loan for Rotherham... Didnt hang about...

• Richard Cawley @RichCawleySLP · 39s

Also in paper today that Brentford also in mix for Tours striker Andy Delort. But he wants to join #cafc.

Believe #cafc and Delort's club about £800,000 apart on their respective valuations of the striker. Addicks confident of getting their man.
  • _MrDick said:

Richard Cawley @RichCawleySLP · 39s
    Also in paper today that Brentford also in mix for Tours striker Andy Delort. But he wants to join #cafc.
    Believe #cafc and Delort's club about £800,000 apart on their respective valuations of the striker. Addicks confident of getting their man.

Isn't this old news? Seem to remember this about 50 pages ago...
  • cafc-west said:

_MrDick said:

Richard Cawley @RichCawleySLP · 39s

Isn't this old news? Seem to remember this about 50 pages ago...
    cawley was on holiday for a while, poor bloke is still catching up, cut him some slack.
  • With all due respect to Mr Cawley I think things have moved on from there.
  • Richard J said:

Shows how far we have come when I would not want us to consider Wordsworth . A couple of years ago I was gutted when Ipswich pipped us to his signature.

That's got to be the worst tackle ever! Pansies.
    Looks like 'crab football' from the old cubs days.
  • Uboat said:

Richard J said:

That's got to be the worst tackle ever! Pansies.
    Looks like 'crab football' from the old cubs days.
    You got crabs playing football at cubs? Give Operation Yewtree a call.

• Sponsored links:

• Delort is deffo playing for Tours tonight
  • PL54 said:

Delort is deffo playing for Tours tonight

Really? A complete ball ache for all parties if he gets injured.
  • PL54 said:

Delort is deffo playing for Tours tonight

Well let's hope he has a mare!!
    If he scores they might up the ante another £500,000!!!!

COYR....
  • Celso Borges to PSV
  • edited August 2014
    http://www.walfoot.be/fra/news/lis/2014-08-22/une-piste-du-standard-bientt-reactivee

Salibur deal isn't dead, to us or to Standard.

Could we have a situation whereby if Salibur chooses Liege, Bulot could be moved on to the Valley?
  • Someone kinda wants to tell Salibur that Standard / Charlton are the same club lol!
  • http://www.walfoot.be/fra/news/lis/2014-08-22/une-piste-du-standard-bientt-reactivee

Could we have a situation whereby if Salibur chooses Liege, Bulot could be moved on to the Valley?

This.

It has been reported for some time Bulot is not in Liege's plans and he hasn't even been on the bench since the first game . They are both left footed wingers so we will only sign one of them . My only concern about Bulot is the tweet that the Belgian journalist sent at the start of the window saying he was reluctant to come here because of Thuram's experience.
  • Hopefully
    Richard J said:

http://www.walfoot.be/fra/news/lis/2014-08-22/une-piste-du-standard-bientt-reactivee

My only concern about Bulot is the tweet that the Belgian journalist sent at the start of the window saying he was reluctant to come here because of Thuram's experience.
    Hopefully Buyens and Tucudean can set the story straight...
  • Richard J said:

This.

It has been reported for some time Bulot is not in Liege's plans and he hasn't even been on the bench since the first game . They are both left footed wingers so we will only sign one of them . My only concern about Bulot is the tweet that the Belgian journalist sent at the start of the window saying he was reluctant to come here because of Thuram's experience.
    Someone needs to reassure him that everything will be fine so long as he isn't a total liability.
  • edited August 2014
    If he is good enough for the first team then he will have a great time here.

If he's as sh*t at thuram the clown then he may as well stay at home
  • Sponsored links:

• Richard J said:

This.

Maybe someone should remind him that Buyens is getting on just fine because he plays well and makes an effort. If he does the same there will be no problem.
  • Do we even really want bulot? Maybe as bench strength but is he the answer to start on the wing?
  • edited August 2014
    Madz said:

Richard J said:

This.

Maybe someone should remind him that Buyens is getting on just fine because he plays well and makes an effort. If he does the same there will be no problem.
    Oh I think Thuram made the effort he just never channelled it in the right areas like catching the ball and dominating his penalty area. Anyway I reckon we missed a trick with him and should have tried him as a outfield player the way he saved shots with his feet. Please get well soon Henderson :-0
    Edit; Thats nothing against Pope by the way just don't want him back on loan.
  • RedChaser said:

Madz said:

Richard J said:

This.

Oh I think Thuram made the effort he just never channelled it in the right areas like catching the ball and dominating his penalty area. Anyway I reckon we missed a trick with him and should have tried him as a outfield player the way he saved shots with his feet. Please get well soon Henderson :-0
    He may still play against Hudders
  • If he is good enough for the first team then he will have a great time here.

If he's as sh*t at thuram the clown then he may as well stay at home

Exactly, Could one of you youngsters on twatter twat him back along the lines of "You'll be ok as long as you're not shit like your mate Thuram"
  • edited August 2014

Do we even really want bulot? Maybe as bench strength but is he the answer to start on the wing?

Yeah I'd say so. He's versatile and will be familiar with some of our squad. If you watch his highlights video and if you've watched us recently he'd fit straight into our playstyle. Closes down well, can pass fast and has a goal in him. A player like this is essential for us, we really need a central midfielder and if he can play there and offer us more attacking options and also switch to either wing too then it will be a perfect signing if he's good.

We have quite a thin squad. I think signing him and Delort will make a very good transfer window for us. We're in a good position anyway and they may complete the puzzle.

• Brentford's chairman has already said they are not in for another striker.
  • colin1961 said:

NEWS: Loïc Négo has joined @ujpestfc1885 on loan until the end of the season --> bit.ly/1set4jo. #cafc pic.twitter.com/qVRGTHTYvk

Good move for him..

Just noticed we now have 0 player left who came in at January.

I feel RD has learnt his lesson
  • vffvff
    edited August 2014
    colin1961 said:

NEWS: Loïc Négo has joined @ujpestfc1885 on loan until the end of the season --> bit.ly/1set4jo. #cafc pic.twitter.com/qVRGTHTYvk

It makes sense, he must be 4th choice right back. At least he got to 20 games.

Senior career*
    Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
    2010–2011 Nantes 13 (0)
    2011–2013 Roma 0 (0)
    2013 → Standard Liège (loan) 2 (0)
    2013–2014 Újpest 4 (1)
    2014– Charlton Athletic 1 (0)

With all the useful training at Charlton, hopefully he will get a few more games at Ujpest.

Good luck to him.
  • Do we even really want bulot? Maybe as bench strength but is he the answer to start on the wing?

100%, if we are actually serious about competing this season and pushing for a play off place we need a squad as well as a good starting XI.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!