Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• I don't think the Delort deal is as close as we are led to believe.

We are still favourites to sign him but things may have changed significantly in the last 2 days according to Delort snr..

Fingers crossed
  • Yes. We have'nt yet had to come from behind, so we¡ve no real idea how we need to rotate in those situations. Plus there will inevitably be injuries where we need cover. I want a promotion campaign now, and for that, we need strength in depth.
  • TravHouse said:

I don't think the Delort deal is as close as we are led to believe.

We are still favourites to sign him but things may have changed significantly in the last 2 days according to Delort snr..

Fingers crossed

Still can't understand why we have put up with being pissed around for so long on this one. We definitely need a striker so missing out on Delort and not getting anyone else would be a real bummer.

All I can assume is that BP and or our network scouts really think he's going to be worth it.

Just over a week until the window closes so end game is in sight.

• TravHouse said:

Fingers crossed

In my mind, this deal is dead. IF he comes it'll be a bonus but if he doesn't I'm sure we'll have someone else lined up
  • vffvff
    edited August 2014

TravHouse said:

Fingers crossed

Still can't understand why we have put up with being pissed around for so long on this one. We definitely need a striker so missing out on Delort and not getting anyone else would be a real bummer.

All I can assume is that BP and or our network scouts really think he's going to be worth it.

Thank f*£K for that !
  • TravHouse said:

Fingers crossed

Before I get shot down I'm only repeating what I've been told...

2 other Championship clubs have come in for Delort and agreed a fee with Tours (Not Brentford or Leeds)

Both have offered higher wages (1 of the offers was miles higher than ours was)
  • TravHouse said:

TravHouse said:

Fingers crossed

2 other Championship clubs have come in for Delort and agreed a fee with Tours (Not Brentford or Leeds)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK0ZQmtDNek
  • I know he is a different type of player and Di Maria sale may put him closer to PSG 1st team but wouldn't £2.5m be better spent on Bahebeck who we were talking to at £1.5m according to reports?
  • TravHouse said:

TravHouse said:

Fingers crossed

I reckon it will be someone like Norwich. Plenty more fish in the sea and all that.
  • I wish we would look elsewhere. I was told that Charlton had agreed a fee with Tours, but obviously not true.
  • Sponsored links:

• Deal looks dead unfortunately..

Delort and his agent will be in England tomorrow to finalize contract talks, but not with Charlton.
  • edited August 2014
    mart77 said:

TravHouse said:

TravHouse said:

Fingers crossed

I reckon it will be someone like Norwich. Plenty more fish in the sea and all that.
    Cant see it being Norwich they've got enough strikers. Already signed Graban, Lafferty and Jerome this window.
  • TravHouse said:

Deal looks dead unfortunately..

Delort and his agent will be in England tomorrow to finalize contract talks, but not with Charlton.

Oh well 2m to spend elsewhere , still over a week before the window shuts and Peeters said he expects 1 or 2 to come in in not botherd at all.
  • Brighton have money after selling Ulloa, and I heard he wanted to be closer to his family up north.
  • bobcafc7 said:

TravHouse said:

Oh well 2m to spend elsewhere , still over a week before the window shuts and Peeters said he expects 1 or 2 to come in in not botherd at all.
    I agree.. Bahbeck would be a good shout
  • Why are no French clubs after him apart from Rennes? Would have thought one of them would take a risk for a top scorer in the league below.
  • Why are no French clubs after him apart from Rennes? Would have thought one of them would take a risk for a top scorer in the league below.

Because they're all skint.
  • I fully expect it to be announced Monday.
  • TravHouse said:

I won't believe it's dead until Andy's dad tells us so.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2014

I fully expect it to be announced Monday.

Tuesday, surely? What with the bank holiday.
  • You can see why we might be best served scouring Europe for new players when a team like Preston value Joe Garner at £2.5mill.
  • Lots of twitter accounts saying that Leeds and Southampton had representatives at Ajaccio on Friday
  • eldavide said:

Lots of twitter accounts saying that Leeds and Southampton had representatives at Ajaccio on Friday

Let's hope they did. Delort was sh*te.
  • Thanks for the scoop Colin.
  • edited August 2014
    Oh my days... Delort screamer from 30 yards, what a player! Defended a corner in his own area, mazey run past six (6) opposition, did 10 minutes of keepy uppy on the half way line, while the whole stadium, players and coaches rose and applauded, balanced it on his head before a further mazey run past another 4 opposition players and blitzed it into the top right hand corner taking the net with it. No wonder we're after him, pure class!

Who's calling me a liar?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!