Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Your Worst Five... TV "Comedy" Programmes

Comments

• Two pints of larger and a packet of crisps.
    Mrs Brown's boys.
    The green green grass.
    Last of the summer wine.
    Porridge.
  • league of gentlemen
    gimmee gimmee gimmee
    last of the summer wine
    the kumars at no 42
    benny hill
  • shine166 said:

Mrs browns boys
    Citizen khan
    Benidorm
    Green green grass
    Lee Nelson

Forgot about Lee nelson. As funny as piles.
  • Last of the Summer Wine
    In Loving Memory
    Terry & June
    Open All Hours
    No Place Like Home
  • Friends
    Fresh meat
    Miranda
    Karl Pilkington (although he wins awards for making the most mugs think he is genuine and not just an (average) actor)
    Anything with jack Whitehall, I get it, he's a bit posh and are invited to laugh at/with him depending what side of the middle/working class fence we sit on. It's so see through. The fact they gave him a show with his dad was an insult to the public.
  • Remember when I worked in HMV. Most customers asked me to direct them where the copies of Mrs Brown's boys was.

After watching the garbage I was shocked it's so popular.

Also interesting that most people on here forward the likes of Miranda and Mrs Brown's boys as shit comedies. They probably get high ratings as believe it not, they appeal to alot of people.

When the whistle blows? (Extras) :)

• Last of the summer wine
    The thin blue line
    Britas Empire
    The Simpsons
    Friends
  • Not Going Out
    Friends
    Miranda
    Mrs Browns Boys
    Cardinal Burns
  • There is only one contender for the worst:

Love Thy Neighbour
  • Big bang theory
    Two pints of lager and a packet of crisps
    Al Murray pub landlord
    Two and a half men
    Little Britain

• Sponsored links:

• Last of the Summer wine,
    Keeping up appearances,
    Green, Green, Grass,
    Bread, even though my best mate at the time played Joey Boswell,
    The League of Gentlemen ( I never got it ).
  • The new Birds of a Feather on ITV was worse than dismal
  • The new Birds of a Feather on ITV was worse than dismal

The old one was shit enough

My Family
    Tony Hancock
    Mind Your Language
    The Phoneshop
    Coronation Street

• Mrs Browns Boys- can't believe there is a bloody film coming out.
    Miranda
    Citizen Khan
    Blunder
    Not Going Out
  • Mrs Browns Boys
    Miranda
    Last of the Summer Wine
    Two Pints of Lager
    The Wright Way
  • I'm really pushed to think of a comedy show I like now, after you lot have all listed loads that are at best average. There is some very good timing in Mrs Brown's Boys but it is very predictable. I used to work with a Scottish bloke who characterised most English comedy as "men dressing up as women". Wish I could see him now and ask him to name enough Irish comedies so that 50% don't fit that description. Apparently it divides opinion - my other half hates it and her Dad's wife (in her 60s and from Stoke) loves it. I have no strong feelings (same is true for quite a few of these).

The Wright Way was appalling - why did they think they could get away with something so lame? I haven't seen Last of the Summer Wine since about 1982; it was gentle then, but I can't imagine its got funnier. Tend to automatically ignore anything about how difficult it is for nice middle class families to cope, like "My Family". Likewise later series of Outnumbered, once the kids had stopped ad-libbing, which was the funniest part.

Not Going out, Miranda, Two Pints of Lager, etc are all predictable. Not majorly offensive, but I'm not going to switch the TV on specially.

I used to like Harry Hill, hopefully he'll be a bit less formulaic in whatever he does next. And I think the Panel-type shows have become dull as well, hence almost all the humour in QI now is based on bodily functions and Mock The Week has nothing challenging to say since they dropped Frankie Boyle for saying challenging things.

• Some Mothers do Ave em.
  • Surely, vicar of Dibley should be up there. Seriously irritating.
  • Big Bang Theory
    2 1/2 Men
    Friends
    Little Britain
    Any smug panel show
  • Looks like Miranda and Mrs Brown's boys are leading the board so far with Friends a close second.
  • Sponsored links:

• Friends
    Ever decreasing circles
    Last of the summer wine
    Sorry
    Mrs browns boys
  • Cant believe how many people dislike Friends.

Was great when i was growing up and i still find it funny now. Each to their own though i guess.
  • So far I'm reassured I'm not the only person who thought Friends was rubbish. I spent most of my 20's thinking I was abnormal in some way as ALL my friends obsessed about it and repeated lines/scenes. Every time I watched one (by being in the same house sometimes) I would feel like an outsider!!

Nope, fella you were right, all those sheep were bleeting up the wrong tree.

There was no comedy in the whole series's life, unless the prospect of a monumental bore like Ross hanging on to a very pretty but grasping vacuous bimbo like Rachel for more than a 2nd date can be considered humorous. Apart from that it relied totally on pointing, sneering and flashbacks to Courtney Cox in a woefully unconvincing fatsuit.
    There was more creativity and humour in the test card - one for the teenagers there :)
    Put the final nail in Helen Baxendale's career for sure.

• edited May 2014
    Now, I'm certainly not saying it's the worst, but I started watching the repeats of Seinfeld because of the Larry David connection (I'm a huge fan of Curb Your Enthusiasm), and I didn't even smile, let alone laugh, once. Not once. Not even the faintest hint of a very faint smile.
  • Mrs Browns Boys - what's supposed to be funny?!
    Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie
    Dinnerladies
    Miranda
    Friends - my missus loves this and hates only Fools n Horses (each to their own!), but the canned laughter alone told me it's rubbish. I might get one laugh in about 10 episodes.

Close runners up are Red Dwarf and Keeping up Appearances
  • Friends - just don't get it
    Miranda - one of the least funny people on TV
    How I met your mother - how is this funny?
    The Big Bang theory - zzzzz
    Mrs browns boys - dreadful
  • Anything with Miranda in it.

Anything with Noel Fielding in it.

Anything with Victoria Wood in it.

Mrs Browns Boys

Last of the Summer Wine
  • edited May 2014
    Five of the numerous reasons why I chucked my TV in to a skip about 20 years ago:

Vicar of Dibley
    Harry Hill
    Birds of a Feather
    Bread
    Reeves & Mortimer
  • edited May 2014
    How can anyone not find Miranda's sidekick waving a cardboard cut-out of Heather Small's head on a stick whilst singing 'what have you done today to make you feel proud' side-splittingly funny?!? Come on, we're not Germans ffs.
  • Ah I completely forgot about The Wright Way. I've had visits to the toilet that were funnier.

5 worst in no particular order
    The Wright Way
    Vicious
    Bad Education
    Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie
    Thin Blue Line