Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your Worst Five... TV "Comedy" Programmes

Comments

• Options
    Cannot believe Porridge has got a mention. That's in my top five.

• Options
    Two Pints of Larger and a Packet of Crisps
    Miranda
    Cardinal Burns
    Bo’ Selecta!
    Bad Education
  • Options
    Bo Selecta was genius!
  • Options
    Pleased to see Miranda featuring heavily on these lists. She makes my shit itch!!!!
  • Options

Citizen Khan
    Red Dwarf
    Benidorm
    Blackadder
    Shameless

Paulie you do realise Shameless wasn't a comedy?

• Options
    Some excellent shit here. One you all appear to have missed:-

That's my boy
  • Options

Mrs Browns Boys
    Mrs Browns Boys
    Mrs Browns Boys
    Mrs Browns Boys
    Mrs Browns Boys

How can this even be put out on air, total & utter fickin shite

I don't know how many episodes you've watched. We've caught three or four. Of those, one was very funny and one was just about alright. So I suspect the quality is variable with the gems being the exceptions.
  • Options
    Pretty much any of the Croft and Lloyd stuff.

Truly awful.
  • Options
    Panorama. I've watched this loads and not laughed once.
    Newsnight, on the other hand - hilarious!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Some excellent shit here. One you all appear to have missed:-

That's my boy

Amazingly they managed five series of this rubbish.

Most ITV comedies of the 70s and 80s would comfortably fit into this list, with a few notable exceptions; I have a soft spot for On The Buses, Man About The House, George And Mildred, Please Sir and the best of the lot Rising Damp.
  • Options
    The "comedy" show with James Corden and his mate from Gavin & Stacey.

My Family.

Birds of a Feather.

Anything with Lee Evans.

Benidorm.
  • Options

The "comedy" show with James Corden and his mate from Gavin & Stacey.

My Family.

Birds of a Feather.

Anything with Lee Evans.

Benidorm.

Just glanced up from the laptop & the wife was watching Benidorm. That bloody Kelly Maloney is in it.
  • Options
    George and Mildred,
    Mrs Brown's Boys,
    Monty Python's Boring Public School Boy Circus,
    Last of the Summer Wine,
    First of the Summer Wine
  • Options
    Just seen this

Miranda - absolute dog shit. Glad it's over. Hopefully you can extradite yourself from mainstream entertainment, get a job in a souvenir shop or something

The one Jasper Carrott did a few year's back with an Indian family. Think the girl was in a wheelchair or something. It was typical BBC going out their way to be PC. Guff

In Betweeners - watched an episode, didn't get it all

Holding the baby with Nick Hancock - you've probably never heard of it, says it all

Little Britain - more of a sketch show I know but I was brought up on Harry Enfield and chums and The Fast Show. Walliams and Lucas weren't fit to polish their boots. It's a shame because Come Fly with Me is very funny

Friends - yes I know that's 6 but 10 years of Lisa Kudrow going 'smelly cat', Matt le Blanc going 'how you doing' and Schwimmer going 'huh' doesn't warrant channel 4 to play it day in, day out. Utter drivel

My Best

Partridge - a cut above

Office

One Foot in the Grave - the episode when the streetlight crashes through the bedroom window is probably one of the best comedy scenes I've watched

Only Fools - the benchmark

Harry Enfield & Chums/Fast Show

• Options
    Good post, add to that anything Victoria Wood has done, along with Jack Whitehall's shit sitcom
  • Options
    I loved Monty Python in it's day, and it lasted well into the eigties, but it is hugely dated to the point of being simply unfunny and painfull now (I feel like a heretic for writing that). I caught last summer's live show on TV here at christmas, and did'nt manage the thinnest of smiles.
    I have a Golden memory of a few from the late seventies, of which Rising Damp would probably be the King, but life moves on. So I'll stick down.
    Mrs Brown's boys
    Miranda
    Birds of a feather
    last of the summer wine (why do we British insist on comedy without laughter?)
  • Options
    The Young Ones
    Celebrity Juice
    Mrs Browns Boys
    My Family
    Miranda
  • Options
    @cabbles‌ I beg you to give inbetweeners another go. The TV episodes are brilliant mate.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    If only talking sitcoms:

Worst:
    Keeping Up Appearances (One poor joke repeated ad nauseam)
    Birds of a Feather (Grim. Badly acted. Boring)
    How I Met Your Mother (Lame as fuck. Cheesy)
    Green Green Grass (What the fuck)
    That Jack Whitehall one about a teacher (Embarrassing. Pitiful)

There are possibly worse, but this was all I could think of off the top of my head. There are, no doubt, some sitcoms that I've subconsciously wiped from my memory, possibly in the name of sanity.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

@cabbles‌ I beg you to give inbetweeners another go. The TV episodes are brilliant mate.

I'll try mate. It then also becomes a question of hype. Other people must get it when they don't like something, and everybody else is on the bandwagon.....
  • Options
    I stumbled on something called Count Arthur Strong. WTF? Had to watch it all the way through to see if it was actually meant to be comedy. Apparently it is.
  • Options
    That's why you should always look at the TV listings they tell you whether it's a drama or comedy, it's hard to tell nowadays.
  • Options

I stumbled on something called Count Arthur Strong. WTF? Had to watch it all the way through to see if it was actually meant to be comedy. Apparently it is.

That's an odd one because the tv series was appalling, but the original radio ones were brilliant. It just didn't translate.
  • Options

I'll try mate. It then also becomes a question of hype. Other people must get it when they don't like something, and everybody else is on the bandwagon.....

Exactly. I feel like this in reverse with Mrs Browns Boys. I think its terrific. Everybody else hates it.
  • Options
    Horne & Corden

Miranda

The Catherine Tate Show

Little Britain

Never the Twain

• Options
    Not sure if people genuinely think of friends when they think of a comedy they don't like or they are just saying it cause most people are..never seen such dislike for friends.

The only thing I can think of that has me cringing lately is on 8 out of 10 cats countdown, when that guy just starts singing. He can say the odd funny thing but I find it so hard to watch when he goes off on one.
  • Options
    Most BBC 1 sitcoms are pure shite, they have always been top of the league when it comes to churning out middle of the road and safe gag merchants.
  • Options

Not sure if people genuinely think of friends when they think of a comedy they don't like or they are just saying it cause most people are..never seen such dislike for friends.

The only thing I can think of that has me cringing lately is on 8 out of 10 cats countdown, when that guy just starts singing. He can say the odd funny thing but I find it so hard to watch when he goes off on one.

I'm genuinely saying it, not only because it's one of the least funny programmes on tv, but because it is seemingly always being repeated. The trouble with friends as a sitcom is that it's all situation and no comedy. I understand why it appeals to people who have been in that situation or who think it would be fun to be in that situation, but I watch comedies to have a laugh and that's the one thing that Friends consistently fails to deliver.
  • Options
    Stig said:

I'm genuinely saying it, not only because it's one of the least funny programmes on tv, but because it is seemingly always being repeated. The trouble with friends as a sitcom is that it's all situation and no comedy. I understand why it appeals to people who have been in that situation or who think it would be fun to be in that situation, but I watch comedies to have a laugh and that's the one thing that Friends consistently fails to deliver.
    Excellent post