Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Politics stuff

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2014

Torries - Chelsea
    Labour - Barnsley
    Lib dems - Brentford
    Greens - Forest Green.

Not bad, I can see your logic but I would go.....

Conservative - Chelsea

Labour - Leeds

Lib Dems - Aston Villa (never hurt anyone)

Greens - Brighton
    I did Brentford Lib Dems for because most of their MPs are from SW London and Forrest Green as their chairman's a hippy. :-)
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Macronate said:

just read the UKIP statement of local principles in Bexley and can't fault any of their aims.

just read them and I agree.
    I liked the fact they quoted a Kevin Costner film. And got it wrong:

"We will explore the possibility of expanding Erith Pier and in turn expanding the
    river taxi to Erith - 'If we build it, they will come.' "
    Huh, which Kevin Costner film was set in Erith? Was it the one where the world was all an underwater wretched hive of scum and villainy?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Took 4 seats in Maidstone meaning the torries have lost control.
    Sounds like they've done reasonably well nationally.
    Late night at the conting last night - got homeat 5am.
    Decent overall turnout of 39% in Maidstone.
  • Options
    Poor bloke. You must be shagged, if you were conting until nearly 5am.
  • Options

badman

• Options
    edited May 2014

:-)
  • Options

He couldn't sleep so was counting sheep.
  • Options

Took 4 seats in Maidstone meaning the torries have lost control.
    Sounds like they've done reasonably well nationally.
    Late night at the conting last night - got homeat 5am.
    Decent overall turnout of 39% in Maidstone.

• Options

Lib Dems are definitely Cardiff, sold their soul for a shot at the big time and failed.

Oh my, the irony of a sweeping, ignorant generalisation on a thread such as this one!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Modern day Nazis
  • Options
    So, unless I'm mistaken, UKIP have just put the Tories on notice that they need to make themselves seem a bit more racist to have any chance of winning the next election?
  • Options

So, unless I'm mistaken, UKIP have just put the Tories on notice that they need to make themselves seem a bit more racist to have any chance of winning the next election?

Wouldn't agree with becoming more 'racist', but certainly Cameron seems to believe that they will have to pursue a tougher view on immigration.
  • Options

Modern day Nazis

Welcome to the forum your royal highness, pleasure to have you here Charles
  • Options

Nothing to do with Racism. It's about people (of all races) waking up to the problems caused by mass, poorly regulated migration. As my cab driver said to me on my last trip home "London has been taken over by Asians". The irony was that this cab driver was a Bangladeshi who had spent many years living in Milan and only came here because his daughter was going to uni. My wife (also Asian) thought similarly, hence the reason why we moved to Australia. I remember attending an Australian Migration Expo in London years ago and was amazed at the amount of Asians present who wanted to get out of the UK because of over crowding/traffic jams and all the other problems caused by too many people in a confined area.
    "Quit the EU to ease traffic jams !"
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Looking through UKIPs policies, the problem is that they hide all of the racist crap in amongst statements that could be deemed fairly reasonable (taking voting rights away from prisoners for example). For instance giving first dibs to particular jobs to British citizens. Don't have a problem if these people are hard working and well qualified. But I have had work done on my house by both British 'white' worker and a polish chap from down the road. And likewise had my car washed by British folk at Tescos
    as well as the polish place round the corner. All I wanted was the best job possible and if they work harder and a better quality I will pay for it. I hate people who blame others if they haven't got as far in life. We all started school with a clean slate. We all had a choice to piss around in class as a kid or get our head down and work. I have seen a couple of people who were absolute wasters at school singing UKIPs praises for getting 'their jobs back'. If they had worked harder at school they would have been better qualified and got these jobs ahead of other candidates. British or otherwise.
  • Options
    bylbyl
    edited May 2014
    everyone in belgium remembers that speech in the european parliament very well lol - it's funny especially if you are belgian :)

Farage became instantly world famous here lol
    doubtful though that this kind of speeches and behaviour will make Europe or the UK a better place though :p
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

Nothing to do with Racism. It's about people (of all races) waking up to the problems caused by mass, poorly regulated migration. As my cab driver said to me on my last trip home "London has been taken over by Asians". The irony was that this cab driver was a Bangladeshi who had spent many years living in Milan and only came here because his daughter was going to uni. My wife (also Asian) thought similarly, hence the reason why we moved to Australia. I remember attending an Australian Migration Expo in London years ago and was amazed at the amount of Asians present who wanted to get out of the UK because of over crowding/traffic jams and all the other problems caused by too many people in a confined area.
    "Quit the EU to ease traffic jams !"
    Less people that come to live here results in less traffic on roads surely ?

• Options
    You know what, I have been searching for an analogy for UKIP as it has just come to me. They are the kid at school who bought a football in but then took it off in a huff and wouldn't let anyone play because some people were better than him.
  • Options

No! It means a lot of people are (and have been for a while now) concerned about the levels of mass, uncontrolled and intense immigration into this Country.

Levels that are stretching an already unsustainable growing population in many areas.

Since neither party in the last 15 or so years has done a thing about it, the people have spoken.

I think it really is as simple as that. It doesn't mean peoole are racist. It doesn't mean the other parties have to become racist, it means show us that you are genuinely going to take the issue seriously and tackle it in a responsible and fair manor.

Oh and deport all Romanians of course ;-)
  • Options
    since when is curbing immigration racist ? its only racism if its targeting a race or selected races.

Sill its good enough answer to the Guradianistas when they have no argument to shout "Racism" or " bigot" ------used to work----USED TO.
  • Options
    With UKIP at the centre of another row over disgusting comments from a candidate, a round up of the racist, anti-Semitic and Islamophobic things you can say as a UKIP candidate — but not get chucked out — is long overdue.

Let’s start with the latest furore:

Telling Lenny Henry to “emigrate to a black country”

It’s going on three days since that story broke and William Henwood is still a candidate for Enfield Council.

While Cllr Chris Pain eventually parted from UKIP over another matter, he DID NOT get chucked out for …

Posting to Facebook: “Go home you free-loading, benefit-grabbing, resource-sucking, baby-making, non-English-speaking ********* and take those other hairy-faced, sandal-wearing, bomb-making, camel-riding, goat-********, raghead ******** with you.’”

Then there’s Alex Wood, who was accused of …

Making a Nazi salute

Nigel Farage backed him, claiming that — we are not kidding — he was ‘imitating a potted plant’. This might have worked as an excuse for Wood, if it weren’t for this …

Claiming that all Africans ‘disgust’ you and ‘live in mud huts and kill each other’

A social media account of another UKIP candidate posted anti-semitic material to the party’s official Facebook pages over the course of at least 11 months no one at HQ noticed or cared. She even posted on Facebook …

Telling Nigel Farage that ‘Jewish bankers dominate the world’ (twice)

Anna-Marie Crampton (pictured below with Farage) also claimed that a global conspiracy was headed by the, errr, queen. She was not expelled.

Nigel Farage Anna-Marie Crampton

Then there’s Worcestershire county councillor Eric Kitson who hit the headlines after …

Suggesting Muslim women should be hanged

Despite admitting to the comments, UKIP didn’t even suspend him because “they had not completed their investigations”. He eventually resigned of his own accord.

Regular Scrapbook readers may remember Oxford council candidate Julia Gasper, notorious for …

Claiming: “Why is it any more wrong to assert that the Koran is a fascist book than to assert that Mein Kampf is a fascist book?”

“In fact, the apologists for Islam are really very similiar to Holocaust deniers.”

Rather than chuck her out, the party released an official statement saying “we do support her right to hold those views.” Farage was well aware, trying to distract from the row with claims that Gasper had received death threats:
  • Options

since when is curbing immigration racist ? its only racism if its targeting a race or selected races.

Sill its good enough answer to the Guradianistas when they have no argument to shout "Racism" or " bigot" ------used to work----USED TO.

Do Eastern Europeans not count then? Because they've been pretty obviously targetted by Farage and his little England buddies.
  • Options
    eastern Europe is not a Race.

and your "little Englander" comment bit racist that isnt it ?
  • Options

I don’t want to worry you Goonerhater but your line of argument almost exactly mirrors that of London BNP spokesman Steve Squire who’s been going around various media outlets over the past week or so attacking UKIP because:

“UKIP’s immigration policy discriminates against white Europeans, whereas our immigration policy is non-discriminatory. We don’t pick on white people from Europe: we don’t care where you come from, black or Asian or white, we don’t want you. We think that is a non-racist position”…...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterson/the-bnp-has-attacked-ukip-for-being-racist

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/05/14/ukip-bnp-racist_n_5322084.html

• Options

You know what, I have been searching for an analogy for UKIP as it has just come to me. They are the kid at school who bought a football in but then took it off in a huff and wouldn't let anyone play because some people were better than him.

Doesn't work at all. Must try harder. C-