Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Work Pranks

Comments

• Options
    Was it the highlight of your week?
  • Options
    When I first started work as an office junior there was a particularly obnoxious director, he was a typical office worker at the time, rolled up umbrella, bowler hat etc. I got a hole punch and emptied hundreds of the cut-outs into said umbrella and neatly rolled it up again. As luck would have it the rain was chucking it down at lunchtime, he put his brolly up as soon as he left the office and the (confetti) smothered him. It was nigh on impossible to keep a straight face when he returned.
  • Options
    I develop video games. In the early 90's we used to send new QA testers to Tandys to buy a box of sprites. A bit geeky but there you go...
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Being a spark we used to get the new apprentices to cut a bit of 25mm metal conduit which they had seen us cut easily with a hack saw, when it was their turn we placed a 20mm bit inside which made it impossible to cut through and then would slate them for being weak and useless . Told another one that the fan in the top of a new empty comms cabinet was faulty and to get inside and look at it, when he did shut the glass door and lock it leaving him inside for an hour. Had another that was mouthy as hell so we cable tied him to a lamppost outside the office we where working him just before lunch with a note saying he was a naughty boy, all the birds coming out for lunch were laughing at him and taking pics, eventually a kind lady cut him free embarrassed as hell he shut up after that.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Turning the light off on the way out of the gents when you know a mate is in the cubicle is simple but effective.

As is picking up their ringing phone at their desk and handing it straight to them when you know they aren't quite ready.
  • Options
    Oh, and putting a sticker over the bottom of their mouse so it doesn't sense the movement.
  • Options
    Used to drink with some settled travellers over Belvedere, remember one telling me a story about they used to have a ritual when they had a new youngster join their building firm, the old man would have a pony out of a first floor window and the new boy would have to try catching the falling log on a sword. One day he hung his arse out the window, kid standing underneath trying to position himself correctly with the sword, except this day he didn't drop a log but pebble dashed the poor lad whose standing there holding this flipping sword outstretched.
  • Options
    Two bus related ones.

I used to work at a factory called Lesneys that made Matchbox cars. Loads of people in the surrounding area worked there and they used to run a number of works buses. On our bus was an old woman who was friendly enough, but pissed everyone off with her constant mothering routine. One morning she was sitting on the bus (it was an old Routmaster, and she was sitting in one of the longer seats over the back wheel) reading her paper. A younger bloke who was sitting opposite her, pulled out his lighter and lit the paper from the bottom. The brilliant thing was that the outer pages were really going before it got through to the middle. When she realised what was happening she panicked like nothing I'd seen before. She didn't stop clucking about it for ages, but it was well worth it. To her credit, she did laugh about it afterwards.

My cousin used to be a bus driver in Portsmouth. In the neighbouring town, Havant, there used to be a big Tampax factory. Apparently locals there used to call the area around the factory Tampax. One morning a woman got on his bus and innocently asked, "Tampax please", to which my cousin replied, "Sorry love, I haven't got one, but you can have a ticket roll if that's of any use"!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I once told a new recruit that a mainframe computer would run faster if they tapped the shift key as fast as they could. I left the poor newbie doing this but then forgot for nearly an hour.
  • Options
    Mug of coffee, put a thin sheet of plastic over the top... Turn it upside down and pull the sheet out. It's impossible to move the mug without the coffee going everywhere
  • Options
    We used to put a bit of cellotape over the mouth piece of a phone and then you'd hear the user on the phone getting louder and louder cos he obviously couldn't be heard but could hear the other person perfectly.
  • Options
    Oh MSE7, I do laugh at your parody persona. You must have posted on here before under a different nom de plume.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Expensive joke.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2014

That read like one of those "readers letters" you used to see in "Mayfair". You youngsters won't understand that.

Ha ha. 'I had always fancied the two busty twins down the chip shop, so imagine my surprise when...'
  • Options
    MSE7 said:

I am a bit of a prankster and joker. Hence I live everyday like its my last and have only ever lived for the weekend. My motto is Live fast die young.... . I am a man that can't be moved I don't give a shite about anything. I am so cool my bed makes itself in the mornings...Its the best way to be....Never let anything bother you...Life is to short...Live it to the max...

Right thats cleared that up.

I remember when I was working for a scaffold firm over in essex. Had a bit of a barney with the boss he was a west ham fan fancied himself a bit. Anyway we had a straightener in the yard and I made light work of him...

Anyway he said your sacked "Nice one I said" anyway two weeks later I have hired a Lamborghini gallardo for the day. What a motor I must say. Its a tractor beam for pussy thats for sure. And when you have my looks driving it trust me its a magnet...

Anyway I rolled up outside the yard. Got out said Oi west ham ya mug lol..like me motor....I ave only gone and won 4.5million on the lottery last week ain't I. Just passing through thought Id say hello small fry....How stupid do you feel now?

Anyway mate gotta run off to buy a yacht...laters......... The look on his face. I thought he was going to burst into tears...

What a complete Fricking idiot.
  • Options
    i had the long weight ( wait ) plus asked to go buy a glass hammer and glass nails, when i was a young apprentice.
  • Options
    I work for a Local Authority. I managed to mock-up a convincing letter from The Child Support Agency alleging that my 20 year old (childless) colleague was wanted for maintenance. The letter said that an unnamed woman had contacted them to say that he was the father of her child.

Both he and his grand parents fell for it hook line and sinker.

He even phoned the CSA and shouted at them and they agreed that it looked like one of their letters but had no record of it being sent.

In the end I felt guilty and fessed up. His grandparents were so relieved/happy, that they took him out for a curry.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    There is a list, one was I wrote a letter from the Finance Director and used the old overhead projector acetate photocopy sheet to transfer his signature onto the letter. basically, the letter said that expenses would paid on a 1/4ly basis, however if this caused any hardship, the company would lend them the money at 1% over base rate ... the reaction and fury was great.

One played on me, just before I went on holiday a courier was trying to get into the reception after it had closed, he was abusive and kicking the door, I complained to the company sending the courier. Anyway two weeks later on my return from holiday there was a letter from the courier company saying that the courier was very angry and was coming in to "discuss" my allegations around lunchtime on the day I got back ... I was shiting myself. needless to say he did not turn up and it was pointed out to me that the name on the letter of the courier was Ivor Blackshirt!!
  • Options

When I first started work as an office junior there was a particularly obnoxious director, he was a typical office worker at the time, rolled up umbrella, bowler hat etc. I got a hole punch and emptied hundreds of the cut-outs into said umbrella and neatly rolled it up again. As luck would have it the rain was chucking it down at lunchtime, he put his brolly up as soon as he left the office and the (confetti) smothered him. It was nigh on impossible to keep a straight face when he returned.

it's amazing how many people we still get with this one in our office, always raises a chuckle
  • Options
    many a time would see this detritus floating around outside Natwest Tower.
  • Options
    "Fired for stealing Post-it notes"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcOyoDIoQFQ