Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your Top Five.......Bands/Groups

Comments

• Options
    The Beatles
    The Smiths
    Oasis
    The Cure
    The Killers
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Stone the Crows
    Cream
    Jimi Hendrix Experience
    Heads Hands and Feet
    Roxy Music
  • Options
    fadgadget said:

OMD
    Fadgadget
    John Foxx
    Japan
    Depeche Mode
    Gary Numan

Ok that's 6

One of the members of Japan lives in my block. I'll let him know he's still famous.
  • Options
    Dead Confederate
    Talking Heads
    This Mortal Coil
    Interpol
    Perfume Genius
  • Options
    Clutch
    Mastodon
    Killing Joke
    Lamb of God
    Slayer
  • Options

fadgadget said:

OMD
    Fadgadget
    John Foxx
    Japan
    Depeche Mode
    Gary Numan

Ok that's 6

One of the members of Japan lives in my block. I'll let him know he's still famous.
    Wow. Which one? I quite like their music but not as much as I do the (early) solo work by David Sylvian. I also like Steve Jansen's album Slope.
  • Options

fadgadget said:

OMD
    Fadgadget
    John Foxx
    Japan
    Depeche Mode
    Gary Numan

Ok that's 6

Wow. Which one? I quite like their music but not as much as I do the (early) solo work by David Sylvian. I also like Steve Jansen's album Slope.
    Richard.
  • Options

1. Camel - hard-edged prog, formed in 1972 and still going
    2. Caravan - stalwarts of the Canterbury scene, formed in 1968 and still playing
    3. Cream - soundtrack of my youth
    4. Magma - intense French band led by astonishing drummer Christian Vander; more like a weird dark cult
    5. Alkatraz - sadly overlooked Welsh stompers, active around 1978

Camel and Caravan take me back. Reminded me I could have included The Doors in my five.
  • Options
    Cardiacs
    Van Der Graaf Generator
    The Fall
    Ulver
    Wire
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Jimi hendrix experience

Double trouble

oasis

ac/dc

red hot chilli peppers
  • Options
    Oasis
    Arctic Monkeys
    Rolling Stones
    Stone Roses
    Kasabian
  • Options

fadgadget said:

OMD
    Fadgadget
    John Foxx
    Japan
    Depeche Mode
    Gary Numan

Ok that's 6

Richard.
    A friend of mine is huge Porcupine Tree fan. She would be jealous.
  • Options
    Man, imagine sharing space with ex japan members. My envy is now in overdrive.
  • Options
    Sharing space with his synth collection may be an issue tbh
  • Options
    Simple Minds
    U2
    Faith No More
    Guns 'n' Roses
    Iron Maiden
  • Options
    Foo fighters
    Coldplay
    Red hot chilli peppers
    Oasis
    Bon jovi
  • Options
    The Smiths
    Wise Guys
    Oasis
    The Stone Roses
    Queen
  • Options
    Coldplay
    Queen
    Genesis
    Tom Petty + HB
    Bee Gees
  • Options
    The Specials
    Bob Marley and The Wailers
    The Skints
    The Verve
    The Clash
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2014

Bruce Hornsby
    Golden Earring
    The Verve/Richard Ashcroft
    Bruce Springsteen
    Sigur Ros

(tough not to include Simple Minds, Talk Talk, Chris Rea, Led Zep, or Steve Winwood/Traffic)

The older you get the harder it is. I've been trying for months to finish mapping out my life in music with You Tube clips, its bloody hard work.

Love your 2nd choice - Golden Earring were/are great - Moontan, what a superb album!

Not that I am saying your other choices aren't worthy, it's just good to find another fan of an underrated band.
  • Options
    Ok, mine:

Led Zep (even if they are rip-off merchants, they did it with such style)
    Free
    The Who
    Golden Earring
    Thin Lizzy

Damn - no room for Cream, Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc, etc.
  • Options
    The Beatles
    Pixies
    Led Zeppelin
    Nirvana
    Sonic Youth
  • Options

2. Caravan - stalwarts of the Canterbury scene, formed in 1968 and still playing
    4. Magma - intense French band led by astonishing drummer Christian Vander; more like a weird dark cult

Camel and Caravan take me back. Reminded me I could have included The Doors in my five.
    Snap, AA - I was toying with The Doors. Glad you know Camel and Caravan - Sunday nights at the Greyhound, Croydon, circa 1975...

• Options
    Saga Lout said:

Bruce Hornsby
    Golden Earring
    Bruce Springsteen
    Sigur Ros

(tough not to include Simple Minds, Talk Talk, Chris Rea, Led Zep, or Steve Winwood/Traffic)

The older you get the harder it is. I've been trying for months to finish mapping out my life in music with You Tube clips, its bloody hard work.

Love your 2nd choice - Golden Earring were/are great - Moontan, what a superb album!

Not that I am saying your other choices aren't worthy, it's just good to find another fan of an underrated band.
    I love Radar Love but haven't heard much else. Can anyone suggest a couple of tracks?
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Cardiacs
    Van Der Graaf Generator
    The Fall
    Ulver
    Wire

Nice to be reminded of VDGG: was impressed by them at Bromley Tech, early 1970s

• Options

Snap, AA - I was toying with The Doors. Glad you know Camel and Caravan - Sunday nights at the Greyhound, Croydon, circa 1975...

Never saw them play, unfortunately, but I was introduced to the LPs by a guy from Charlton Chess Club around 1974, along with Bees Make Honey and Babe Ruth. As you can imagine, this was quite a change from Rod Stewart and The Faces who were my faves at the time.
  • Options
    The Cure - all time favourite band
    Charlatans
    Talking Heads
    Radiohead
    Beatles

Can't go wrong with any of them. Saw Tame Impala in the US last year and they have the potential to make the list in the not too distant future, but am not sure who they would replace.
  • Options

Saga Lout said:

Bruce Hornsby
    Golden Earring
    Bruce Springsteen
    Sigur Ros

I love Radar Love but haven't heard much else. Can anyone suggest a couple of tracks?
    here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCUNFvkLF9k
  • Options
    Depeche Mode
    Editors
    Radiohead
    James
    Pearl Jam