Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Play off final weekend

Comments

• WE WANT PENS
  • edited May 2014
    I had watched the highlights of the final on YouTube for a few times but didn't know too many details. So when I eventually read about it in Curbs' autobiography (thanks to @Granpa for the book), I was moved to tears. Felt so so proud of the team. I can see why most of the Addicks fans consider it as THE game of their lives. I figured out a way to save the highlights video from YouTube to my computer and it's something that will be in my Charlton video collection for ever.
  • edited May 2014
    It's not just us folks - the '98 play-off final is generally regarded as one of the best matches ever played at the old wembley.
  • I'm sure most want Derby to win, but QPR going back up would throw all their parachute money back in the mix
  • Come on Derby. Fed up of hearing QPR "need to go up" by the media. Whatever you do McLaren, do not get your brolly out!
  • QPR stay down, Leyton Orient come up, saves away fans a fortune next season. :-)
  • @JessieAddick‌ there are four stand-out days in my life. When I got married, when our son was born, the return to The Valley, and the play-off final. That's how much much it means to me and I suspect it's similar for the rest of us.

Exactly for me, just don't ask me to put them in order, especially if the wife is near!
  • Most shocking stat of the weekend is that QPRs wage bill is higher than Athletico Madrids.

And for that reason Come on You Rams.

If it's raining will the brolly come out?
  • Sponsored links:

• Come on Derby, even more wish QPR to fail now that i have read the Premiership will not help the Football League fine QPR the vast amount they will owe should they win today.

• Derby are favorites in the betting. I think it will go to a draw and Derby will win in extra time.
  • Come on the O's!!
  • Can't stand McLaren. Come on the Pork Bangers.
  • I still watch through my fingers to this day.
  • Can't see Derby or Rotherham losing over the next two days. Haven't got a clue about the league two game.
  • Why is the champ one first
  • qpr will win. fact.
  • Why is the champ one first

World Cup players?
  • Don't seem right
  • Sponsored links:

• Want Derby, but just have this horrible feeling QPR are going to win.
  • Just sit back and enjoy next season it could be us
  • QPR failed to deal with Derby's 4-3-3 in the League match at Derby. Redknapp stuck to 4-4-2, with the old School attitude of "we'll stick to what we do and let them worry about us". Which is fine if the players are good enough to carry that out, which they weren't. It will be interesting to see if he matches up in midfield.
    I'd feel more confident for Derby if Bryson was playing. I hope it's Derby - QPR is an easy away game to get to and it will exacerbate their financial situation.
  • Please excuse me if my facts are , in fact (!) incorrect but am sure I heard on 5Live earlier that the Derby squad totals 140ish international caps whilst the QPR lot totals over 4,000 !!!

Could this really be correct ?
  • Please excuse me if my facts are , in fact (!) incorrect but am sure I heard on 5Live earlier that the Derby squad totals 140ish international caps whilst the QPR lot totals over 4,000 !!!

4,000 caps ? Surely not. If their squad is around 25/26 players that would mean on average each player has about 150 caps. You sure it wasn't 400 which would be more reasonable ?
  • Derby in home kit, come on you hoops
  • Blimey, that's the second ruined suit for Harry this post-season.
  • se9addick said:

Please excuse me if my facts are , in fact (!) incorrect but am sure I heard on 5Live earlier that the Derby squad totals 140ish international caps whilst the QPR lot totals over 4,000 !!!

4,000 caps ? Surely not. If their squad is around 25/26 players that would mean on average each player has about 150 caps. You sure it wasn't 400 which would be more reasonable ?
    Could have been, se9 but when the figures I THOUGHT I'd heard were stated, I shouted out " WHAT ? "

Mind you, I WAS half asleep ....

• Is there a stream?
  • se9addick said:

Please excuse me if my facts are , in fact (!) incorrect but am sure I heard on 5Live earlier that the Derby squad totals 140ish international caps whilst the QPR lot totals over 4,000 !!!

Could have been, se9 but when the figures I THOUGHT I'd heard were stated, I shouted out " WHAT ? "

Mind you, I WAS half asleep ....

Oh actually - maybe it was Premier League apps rather than international caps.