Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Surrey ccc

Comments

• edited July 2017

Cants and Chef good talking to both of you this evening.
    Let's hope Charlton can be as good as Surrey

And you, another good game that goes to the final over.

I'm off the Ageas Sunday, hopefully the rain stays away.
    Enjoy the day! Hope you bring us the win!
  • Showers forecast but hopefully the game will take place
  • It's only a light drizzle, i don't mind as there is a bar!!!!! but my 10 year old got me the tickets for Father's Day and he will be upset if there is no play, have booked 13th August at The Oval just in case.
  • Have a good day chef! Hope the boys bring you a win...
  • Start delayed!!
    Been constant rain now for an hour, if it carries on for much longer i cant see any play, the odd puddle starting to form on the outfield.
  • Start delayed!!
    Been constant rain now for an hour, if it carries on for much longer i cant see any play, the odd puddle starting to form on the outfield.

That's a real shame especially for your son.
    Still make the most of the bar though :smile:

• Start delayed!!

That's a real shame especially for your son.
    Still make the most of the bar though :smile:
    It's an expensive bar here!!!

Pitch inspection is taking place now.
  • Match abandoned.
  • Match abandoned.

Disappointing. But that's the British weather
  • Sponsored links:

• Bloody weather!!!

It looked like we would get some play, the covers were coming off, the roller was on and as soon as the umpires came out the heavens opened!!!
    Luckily its only 15 minutes on the train home.

Did see this guy there though, and he is huge!!!!
  • Bloody weather!!!

It looked like we would get some play, the covers were coming off, the roller was on and as soon as the umpires came out the heavens opened!!!
    Luckily its only 15 minutes on the train home.

Did see this guy there though, and he is huge!!!!

I had a conversation on Twitter with Tremlett the other day. He managed to make me look like a fool by mugging himself off more than I did!

• Very strange move. Really confused me. He was my favourite player watching Surrey as a kid and I aspired to be like him. He could bat bowl and field (turned out I could only do 1).

In the end he was a bit if a 'Jack of all trades, master of none'. Not quite good enough with bat or ball to reach the next level.
  • The signing is even more strange given reports are that he won't be joining until next season. I could see reasoning behind it, if it was short term to cover for the loss of Ansari and Footit and a lack of a proper all rounder in the long format.

Long term I feel we should be aiming for better given all the rhetoric we get fed about aiming to win trophies.

Perhaps they reckon we will lose TC to England and need someone to be backup.
  • Squad for tonight's game against Glamorgan away (obviously as the test is at the oval).

No KP so expect Foakes to play and Keep. This is Sanaga and Rampaul's last game before the CPL. Henriques is joining us next week.
  • Expect to line up

Roy
    Finch
    Sanga
    Sibley
    Foakes
    Pope
    Sam
    Tom
    Meaker
    Batty
    Dernbach

Apparwntlynits raining heavily in Cardiff this morning. Hope we get a game.
  • Match delayed inspection at 7:30
  • From what I've seen on Twitter it looks worse than it was on Sunday so i doubt there will be any play.
  • Sponsored links:

• From what I've seen on Twitter it looks worse than it was on Sunday so i doubt there will be any play.

Could do without another no result. These are costing us big time.
  • We're still second in the group and have a game in hand on the 2 below us, loads have been abandoned this week so i don't think it will cost us too much
  • We're still second in the group and have a game in hand on the 2 below us, loads have been abandoned this week so i don't think it will cost us too much

Agreed. But we were in good form and top of the group...
  • Match off
  • Match off

Without a ball being played. Disappointing
  • Sibley leaving for Warwickshire at the end of the season, has been guaranteed a top 3 spot in the order in all formats, doesn't feel he will get that with Surrey.

• There is something nor right behind the scenes with our club. Something the management isn't solving.

Each of these exits and other incidents taken on their own seem innocent. But It's becoming a farce with so much going on. Sibley wasn't necessarily a key player right now (although he has played every T20 so far and all but one championship game) but he certainly is key for the future. We will regret letting him leave.
  • From what the article says we offered him a 3 year deal but no assurances over where he bats and Warks did.

Seems strange that they gave Dom written guarantees he will bat in the top 3 in all formats when he's only 21.

With him going, Sanga retiring, Roy, TC and possibly Stoneman away with England for large parts of the season some new faces will be needed.
  • From what the article says we offered him a 3 year deal but no assurances over where he bats and Warks did.

Seems strange that they gave Dom written guarantees he will bat in the top 3 in all formats when he's only 21.

With him going, Sanga retiring, Roy, TC and possibly Stoneman away with England for large parts of the season some new faces will be needed.

Gonna be a real struggle for the rest if the season and next. Perhaps the groundsmans will produce some pitches like the test match one to actually give us a chance.
  • I was thinking about the pitches during the test, surely Stewart and Di Venuto tell the groundsman what sort of pitches they want as the ECB do?

The one used for the last T20 was on its 3rd T20 in a week while the test one was being prepared, be interesting to see what is used tomorrow night.