Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Surrey ccc

Comments

• Options
    The teams shake hands with Surrey on 199-6, Patel and Sam Curran both on 9 not out.

Phew.
  • Options
    Drawn.

Well done the young lads. Poor performance all round but there will be time for analysing that. For now I'm just gonna enjoy the fact we got the draw.
  • Options
    Did anyone go down with hyperthermia or frost bite?
  • Options
    I was surprised when I saw the score this morning. I checked last night to find us four wickets down still requiring a lot of runs and fully expected a defeat. Well batted Pope and Foakes. The management obviously have a lot of hope for Pope, who was probably mainly selected as a stand-in for Jason Roy.
  • Options
    I agree they seem to rate pope. And rightly so it seems. Apparently Paul Collingwood picked him out for special praise after the north South series.

I do think him and Roy would have been competing for a place but with Marsh's arrival still in doubt it appears Roy will be returning just as we lose Elgar. So they will both play for a while.
  • Options
    I notice Pope is a keeper too.
  • Options

I notice Pope is a keeper too.

Yes although didn't appear to be favoured with the gloves last year. When Foakes was unavailable for T20s they used Burns and Sanga as keepers even though Popey was in the side. Although I think that may have been something to do with popes ability in the outfield. He did keep in 50 overs and 4 day games when Foakes wasn't around.

I do get the impression he is the back up keeper this year. Burns won't want to keep and captain and Sanga Wilson and Davies are no longer around so he seems to be our only option.
  • Options
    What sort of style batsman Canters, gritty/determined grind out the runs or shot-maker.?
  • Options

What sort of style batsman Canters, gritty/determined grind out the runs or shot-maker.?

Well he broke through more in the one day stuff last year. I'd have called him a 'new era' batsman loves a ramp shot and reverse sweep, can score all around the wicket. Not the most powerful of hitter so clearing the straight boundaries isn't really his strength - though that should come with time he's only 19. Definitely a quick scoring batsman rather than a blocker.
  • Options

Well he broke through more in the one day stuff last year. I'd have called him a 'new era' batsman loves a ramp shot and reverse sweep, can score all around the wicket. Not the most powerful of hitter so clearing the straight boundaries isn't really his strength - though that should come with time he's only 19. Definitely a quick scoring batsman rather than a blocker.
    Potential England player?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Every Surrey player is potential England ;)
  • Options
    Because they are all quality.
    As for Worcestershire?
  • Options

Potential England player?
    Definitely. The lads got class. They are certainly aware of him, Mark Church on comms reporting that he was on call for the lions when they had an injury scare. He was called into the north South series and impressed. Collingwood singled him out for praise and he holds some sway in the England setup. Certainly one to keep an eye on. I think he has enough about him to play tests as we as the longer forms.

Caveat we were saying this about Sibley 3 or 4 years ago and his progress seemed to have stalled.
  • Options
    Off work Friday so I think I'll head to The Oval for the first live cricket of the season.
  • Options
    Hope the sun's out.
  • Options
    Should be an convincing victory considering the start Worcestershire have made to the season!!!
  • Options
    Cant think of a better day than going to The Oval and watching a day of cricket. Beautiful.
  • Options
  • Options
    Looking dicey for my own attendance - I'm playing cricket Saturday and Sunday and I'd miss the first session on Friday. Worth coming for two sessions? I mean we'll be all out before I show up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Virat Kohli signs for the month of June.

So, is that for Championship ?
  • Options
    I think this deserves its own thread - even if it is only to wind up the Millwall Kent fans.
  • Options
    That's it, play him into form for the tests - typical Slurrey.

The right-handed batsman, 29, will feature in three County Championship matches and three One-Day Cup games
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    And there was me thinking I was going to be disappointed when Elgar leaves at the end of may!
  • Options
    Three changes for the game against Worcestershire at The Oval - Clarke, McKerr and Meaker come in, while Dunn, Dernbach and Elgar miss out.

Rory Burns won the toss, and we'll bat first.
  • Options
    Elgar injured? Makes the tail even longer.

Meaker and Dunn rotated makes sense to me. Both have had injury problems and are similar bowlers - I wouldn't want to play them together.

Dernbach was fairly ineffective last time out so I guess Mckerr getting a go is worth a try.
  • Options
    Stoneman brings up the 50 in the 20th over and is run out next ball, 50/1
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Shutters are down both ends of the OCS stand concourse, would imagine it's in there somewhere.