Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Surrey ccc

Comments

• Options
    Trying to think of properly legendary Worcs opening batsmen is hard. We don't really do openers. Mitchell is probably the best since GMT and he can't buy a run this season!
  • Options
    Headley?
  • Options

Good days cricket, sun was shining and plenty of runs.

Burns and Foakes both look in good form, Stoneman played ok till he decided to take a single that wasn't there.
    Don't know much about Patel and was surprised he came in above Foakes, neither him or Borthwick contributed much anyway, left just after Pope came in but he played a couple of nice shots.

Good to hear. Sounds like a positive day although i am very conscious of the fact that we are one wicket away from exposing our long and fragile tail. Churchy mentioned today on commentary that Pope is the leading run scorer in the focus on so far this year. Long may it continue.

On Patel he is an opener/top order bat by trade and bowls a bit.so can see the logic to him batting 4. Also I think they see Elgar/Kohli/Roy occupying that 4 slot this year and so makes sense to keep Foakes and Pope in settled roles. Patel played a few games at the back end of last season and did well without really getting that big score. Still needs to do a bit to prove himself at this level. Hopefully he kicks on this year.
  • Options
    Pope (32) and Sam (0) out early this morning- both to Leach.

Currently 300/6

Working all day so will post scores if/when I can.
  • Options
    377-6

Burns 182 not out. Clarke 32 not out.

And that's lunch.
  • Options
    That's more like it!
  • Options
    Now 419/9

Burns out for 193, Clarke 38...both to Morris.
  • Options
    All out for 434
  • Options
    Was watching 2hen burns got out. Hard to criticise a guy getting out for 193 but it was a bit of a stupid way to go.

Gets one ball outside off and he goes on one knee and throws everything at it. Misses the ball and looks very angry at himself for the wild shot. Next ball and it's just as wide outside off, you would think he's learn his lesson and won't play it but no - he goes even harder at this one and gets and edge.
  • Options
    Presumably, given the lack of comments, Mitch and Dolly have set to work
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ah, Mitch at least, yes
  • Options
    Fell c Meaker b S Curran 88

Now 267-3
  • Options
    Two in two balls for Virdi

Head b Virdi 50
    Cox lbw b Virdi 0

350-5 at tea
  • Options
    Worcs 416/5, Clarke 130 and Barnard 24.

Long old day in the field for the Surrey boys in this heat!!!
  • Options
    Worcs pass our score, still only 5 wickets down.
  • Options

Worcs pass our score, still only 5 wickets down.

Well at least Leuth will be happy.
  • Options
    Clarke lbw b McKerr 157

460-6
  • Options
    I wonder if Joe Clarke might get into the England reckoning this season?
  • Options
    469-6 at the close
  • Options
    Just offer him the contract now you plundering twats
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:

Just offer him the contract now you plundering twats

oh uh, Leuth has been enjoying The Ovals hostelries today.
  • Options
    Just sunstroked I think! But yeah. We've built a nice new model for you. At your service. We'll throw in Ed Barnard as well if he gets runs tomorrow
  • Options
    When counties are being dismissed regularly for double figure scores this season, its almost refreshing to know that you cam guarantee a good batting track at the Oval, there has only been 2 batsmen who havnt got to double figures in the whole game.
  • Options
    What does Ed Barnard do?
  • Options
    Two wickets this morning

Twohig c Patel b Virdi 9
    Leach c Borthwick b Virdi 18

Barnard has passed 50, and Worcs are now 509-8
  • Options
    The pitches at the oval take the fuxking piss sometimes. It's like we have no faith in our batsmen to make a decent score so have to doctor the pitch and play for the draw.

If I was a bowler I'd seriously be thinking why the hell do I want to play in these pitches all year long. No help at all. Just gonna destroy confidence and ruin your reputation. We have as good a bowling attack as any but we nullify them before we start.
  • Options
    Tongue c & b Virdi 9
    Barnard c & b Virdi 66

526 all out, a lead of 92. Virdi gets his first 5-fer.
  • Options

The pitches at the oval take the fuxking piss sometimes. It's like we have no faith in our batsmen to make a decent score so have to doctor the pitch and play for the draw.

If I was a bowler I'd seriously be thinking why the hell do I want to play in these pitches all year long. No help at all. Just gonna destroy confidence and ruin your reputation. We have as good a bowling attack as any but we nullify them before we start.

Nail on head
  • Options

Nail on head
    Yes and they can produce a proper pitch when they want to. Every year the test match gets a decent pitch which is good to bat on but still gives hope to the bowler as there is always something there for them in it. Not like the county games where you have to wait hours for a batsman to have a lapse of concentration and make a mistake. It must be utterly soul destroying.
  • Options
    If I was a fast bowler I would not want to bowl at the oval it is not a fair contest between bat and ball.
    It's about time the Surrey management team did something about it.
    This match could probably last six days and still be a draw.
    Not fair on the spectators either.