Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Surrey ccc

Comments

• Options
    Great start :(
  • Options
    A bit of a recovery. Surrey 69-3. Elgar 27, Foakes 18. Sensible batting, although the odd ball is still passing the outside edge.
  • Options
    Foakes c. Bairstow b. Patterson 18. Surrey 69-4. Spoke too soon. Won't do it again.

Pope in at no.6.
  • Options
    Lunch. Surrey 92-4. Elgar 37no, Pope 13no.

Morning session to Yorkshire. Helpful bowling conditions, and a green tinge to the wicket. Going for a look myself at lunchtime, as We are normally allowed on the outfield.
  • Options
    Had a look at the wicket. Some live grass in two strips about six inches wide from crease to crease, so it looks like a result wicket. 200-250 will be a good first innings score, as with the opening game against Hampshire.
  • Options
    Back on after lunch. Have moved from the Pavilion to the Bedser Stand. Wi-fi is not as strong here so may drop out at times. 96-4.
  • Options
    Bairstow standing up to Patterson. Saw his old man hit the ball out of the ground and into the now derelict Crickters pub.

119-4. Elgar 50no & 50 partnership.
  • Options
    Surrey 136-4. Elgar 61, Pope 30.

Root bowling from the Pavilion End. Bairstow missed stumping on Elgar.
  • Options
    Elgar b.Root 61. Stump out of the ground.
  • Options
    Surrey 137-5. Sam Curran in at no.7.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Root is firing in his off spinners. Lovely square cut by Sam for 4. 143-5.

• Options
    Bouncer from Bresnan, hooked for 4 in front of square by Curran. Then pulls away as Bresnan is about to bowl the follow-up. Pigeon trouble.

Bailing out now.

Surrey 148-5. Pope 31, Curran 10.

Keep posting the scores!
  • Options
    I can try, but me taking over from you is like when we went from Curbs to Dowie...
  • Options
    S Curran c Bairstow b Patterson 19

162-6
  • Options
    Pope brings up his 50

188-6
  • Options
    209-6 at tea

Rikki Clarke has passed 10,000 first-class runs
  • Options
    Clarke brings up his 50

254-6
  • Options
    A six from Clarke (66*) brings up the 100-run partnership, and he's close to catching up with Pope (71*)

270-6
  • Options
    Clarke c Lyth b Brooks 71

291-7, Pope still going on 87
  • Options
    Century for Ollie Pope! It's taken 174 balls with 16 fours.

308-7
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bad light brings the players off with three and a bit overs to go, and that's it for the day.

Surrey 366-7, Pope 131* and McKerr 27*

A poor start, but it's definitely been our day.
  • Options
    Trouble is that the wicket will probably become a batsmans paradise and we will have to settle for another borefest draw.
    Here's hoping I'm wrong.
  • Options
    Watched a bit on thw YouTube stream. We did the one thing that we always seem to fail to do - speed up the innings just when it needed to. Clarke sped up well and Pope followed. Even when Clarke got out Pope kept the pace up and once he had his hundred he really started to motor. It took just 45 balls to go from 300 to 350. Shame we had to go off for bad light as momentum really was with us. Everything was going our way - every edge was going for 4. Mckerr was playing some lovely drives and Pope was destroying them. Experienced bowlers like Bresnan didn't look like they had the answer.

Hope we can carry that on and pass 400 tomorrow. Trouble is if we lose one wicket we have nothing left. Dernbach at 10 is still laughable.

Good recovery and defo our day overall.
  • Options
    Great knock from Pope.
    I'm at The Oval tomorrow, so might try to chip in with a few updates.Looking forward to seeing Pope bat (that'll be the kiss of death then !)
  • Options

Trouble is that the wicket will probably become a batsmans paradise and we will have to settle for another borefest draw.
    Here's hoping I'm wrong.

I agree. The commentators did seem to be praising the pitch saying there was some grass on it and it should at the same way tomorrow. They seemed to suggest there were runs there if you stuck at it but it's difficult when you first get in. The new ball will be key.
  • Options
    McKerr c Pujara b Bresnan 29

373-8
  • Options
    Dernbach just spanked Bresnan for 6bto bringing the 400 and max batting points.
  • Options
    Pope brings up his 150
  • Options
    Dernbach c Root b Patterson 14

404-9
  • Options
    Virdi c Leaning b Bresnan 1

414 all out, Pope unbeaten on 158