Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Surrey ccc

Comments

• Options
    Patterson b S Curran 0

164-8

Curran now has 3-43, including 2 in 2 balls across an over. He's been superb this morning.
  • Options
    Shaw just about defends the hat-trick ball.
  • Options
    Shaw b S Curran 0

164-9

3 wickets in 7 balls, 10 wickets in the match. Amazing stuff.
  • Options
    Leaning lbw b Clarke 28

168 all out - Surrey win by an innings and 17 runs.

Bloody fantastic!
  • Options
    We have had some good brother combination 's in the past.
    Martin and Darren Bicknall.
    And Adam and Ben Hollyoak
    Rip Ben.
    But I believe the Curren brothers could be the best of the lot.
  • Options
    Sam Curran for England.
  • Options
    Good win, can't believe the difference in the pitch to last week! Glad I didn't spend hour and half going today for less than an hours cricket!!

Anyone been to Guildford before? Trying to work out when I can get to a game when Kohli is here and Guildford is looking most likely.
  • Options
    One thing this match does prove is that if we have a pitch where there is something there for the bowlers and we play well we can beat anyone.

Let's get one thing straight this was no green topped seamers paradise. The ball wasn't nagging all over the place off the pitch. The innings from Elgar/Pope/Clarke/Bairstow prove that it had runs in it. It was just a good cricket wicket with something there to keep the bowlers interested. We had to bowl well to make the most of it and we did.

Produce pitches like this and it gives us a chance. Our batsmen have enough class to score big and our bowlers will take wickets.

The win was even more impressive given how badly we started the first day and how half a day was lost to rain but we still wrapped it up very early on the 4th.
  • Options
    Add Kohli, Morkel (who was on a sub fielder today and should be fit for the next match) and Tom Curran to that lineup. My word we will be good.

Don't think I can get Jason Roy when he returns in there if everyone's available. Madness.

Obviously we could lose any number of the below to England at some point in the summer for tests or one dayers. Elgar/Kohli aren't around all year and there is still no sign of Marsh so we will probably never get our strongest side out.

Burns
    Stoneman
    Roy
    Pope
    Foakes
    Sam
    Tom
    Virdi
  • Options

Sam Curran for England.

No better way of doing it than in front of the Englnad captain - and he bowled one over at him on Sat morning that was brillint - beating him, lbw appeals - Root just sirvived. Though hope that maybe they let him develop for a another year at least befor ethe Englnad call - up - though t will def come, just the left arm quick that Englnad have been looking for.- although maybe bring him in for an ODI at The Oval or somewhere else where it maybe swings a bit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great win - against the strongest team in the league - bar us.
  • Options
    Squad announced for tomorrow's ome day cup match at the oval.

Rory Burns (captain)

Gareth Batty

Scott Borthwick

Rikki Clarke

Sam Curran

Jade Dernbach

Dean Elgar

Ben Foakes (wicket keeper)

Will Jacks

Stuart Meaker

Ryan Patel

Ollie Pope

Freddie van den Bergh

I suspect we will line up.

Elgar
    Borthwick
    Burns
    Foakes
    Pope
    Jacks/VDB
    Curran
    Patel/Clarke
    Meaker
    Batty
    Dernbach

This is where we really start to miss key players.

Goes without saying what Roy abd Tom Curran can do in this format, Stoneman was exceptional in this format for us last year. We have no Sanga and Kohli is yet to arrive and Morkel is not yet fit.

Still a cent outfit with plenty of bowling options but the all rounders start at 6 which is worrying.

Lot of pressure on Foakes who was the best player in the country in this competition last year. From memory he was averaging something like 120 for a while ended up dropping just below 100.
  • Options
    Amazing to think that we are short of T Curran,Stoneman,Morkel AND Kohli - what a side its going to be when everyone is fit and playing.
  • Options
    Won't Burns open? Pretty sure Borthwick was 5 or 6 last year with Burns and Foakes coming in before him.

Can't go tomorrow now as having my oven fixed, hopefully it will be streamed like the county matches have been.
  • Options

Amazing to think that we are short of T Curran,Stoneman,Morkel AND Kohli - what a side its going to be when everyone is fit and playing.

And Roy.
  • Options

Won't Burns open? Pretty sure Borthwick was 5 or 6 last year with Burns and Foakes coming in before him.

Can't go tomorrow now as having my oven fixed, hopefully it will be streamed like the county matches have been.

Borthwick is a weird one. He batted 8 or 9 in the T20s last year. Your right he did mostly bat 5 last year but when we lost Roy or Stoneman he was the one who opened not Burns. I'm expecting Burns to stay at 3.
  • Options
    Nightmare start. Both openers gone.
  • Options
    12/3 now, Burns and Foakes need to steady the ship.
  • Options
    Lol this is embarrassing now. 50-5. Need something special form Curran/Borthwick and the tail.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    84/8, will be lucky to 3 figures at this rate!!
  • Options
    111/9 Clarke and Dernbach the last 2 in.
  • Options
    This is going to be a close game.
  • Options
    No one has mentioned who we are playing ! Is it Australia or India ?
    The link doesn't work for me at work.
  • Options
    Somerset win by 8 wickets.
  • Options
    Dunno who won the toss, but we are 43-1 off 8 at The Rose Bowl
  • Options
    One of the things i noticed is that Reece Topley is playing for Hampshire, along with Mason Crane.
  • Options

Dunno who won the toss, but we are 43-1 off 8 at The Rose Bowl

Surrey won the toss
  • Options
    103-1 off 17
    Elgar and Burns batting.
  • Options
    127-2 off 22.
    Burns out for 48.