Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Surrey ccc

Comments

• Options
    It's incredible to think that we are where we are on this game whilst missing 4 first team players (S.Curran, T, Curran, Roy & Foakes) to fall ups and Stoneman to 'Family issues.

This is effectively our second string with the likes of Harinath, Patel, Pope and Jacks not likely to get in the side if everyone was fit and available. Yet all of them has made a significant contribution to this game. Madness.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Now I don't want to get carried away - I'm sure this will come back to bite me if it doesn't materialise, but.....

I really think we are good enough to win the championship this year.

The signs are there - winning games, looks like we are finally ending the Guildford curse.

It's not just the strength of the squad but also the strength in depth we have that is mad. The character of the squad is impressive to. There is not one player who has played that hasn't stepped up and played that key innings or bowled that key spell. We have a number of game changers and the perfect blend of youth and experience which is allowing our young players to thrive - to the point where they are very much leading the side now.

The fact that some very good players (Batty TC Roy Pillans etc) haven't been called on yet is a testament to how well those in the side are doing.

The coaches and captain seem to have got the environment and setup bang on.

Kumar who?
  • Options
    Geoff Arnold was a great bowler when I first watched Surrey. A fantastic bowling coach now. He was sitting high up behind the bowler yesterday and confirmed the ball was swinging. (Count the LBWs in the 6 wickets.)
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

Geoff Arnold was a great bowler when I first watched Surrey. A fantastic bowling coach now. He was sitting high up behind the bowler yesterday and confirmed the ball was swinging. (Count the LBWs in the 6 wickets.)

First thing Patel said in his interview was to mention the work Arnold had done with him. Clearly a great coach and the bowling has been much more effective this year.
  • Options
    How involved has Sidebottom been?
  • Options
    Very involved with all the quick bowlers from what I pick up from social media etc.
  • Options
    Renshaw lbw b Morkel 2

18-1
  • Options
    Bartlett c Pope b Dernbach 7
    Byrom c Jacks b Morkel 19

33-3
  • Options
    TB Abell lbw b Dernbach 5

40-4
  • Options
    SM Davies c Borthwick b Clarke 9

70-5
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    106-5 at lunch, still trailing by 173
  • Options
    Surely have to wrap this up this before tea??
  • Options
    Gregory c Clarke b Morkel 32

121-6
  • Options

121-6

You are about 3 mins ahead of the commentary I am getting on BBC sport.
  • Options
    Jack Leech is injured and so will not bat. So that wicket is essentially the 7th. 3 more to get for the win.
  • Options
    Bess b Clarke 6

145-7
  • Options

121-6

You are about 3 mins ahead of the commentary I am getting on BBC sport.
    Commentary is on 5Live Sports Extra, that's why :)
  • Options
    50 for Hildreth

Somerset trail by 131
  • Options

Jack Leech is injured and so will not bat. So that wicket is essentially the 7th. 3 more to get for the win.

Somerset saying Max Waller will replace him as the concussion replacement, so I imagine he'll bat instead.
  • Options
    Davey c Pope b Dernbach 21
    Groenewald b Dernbach 0
    Waller c Pope b Morkel 0

Somerset 210 all out - Surrey win by an innings and 69 runs.

I could get used to this!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There goes my plan of introducing the boy to 4 day cricket tomorrow!!!
  • Options

Somerset saying Max Waller will replace him as the concussion replacement, so I imagine he'll bat instead.
    Apparently they tried to use Van Der Mewe instead but we're refused because he isn't a like for like replacement. Rightly so as VDM is the one who hit 170 not out against us last year in the ODC. Can properly bat. They were simply trying it on with that one. Can't replace a bowler with a batsman. Glad the rules are in place to stop them.

Anyway who cares. We are top of the league!!!!!!!!!

What a win and a number of very good performances.

We keep winning inside 3 days which goes a long way towards helping us stay fit. That extra day of rest must be useful.
  • Options
    21 points clear at the top of the league.

3 of our 4 wins have been by an innings. Very impressive.

Apparently Patel is the fastest (in terms of balls bowled) to 5 wickets ever. In the entire history of cricket!! Madness.
  • Options

21 points clear at the top of the league.

3 of our 4 wins have been by an inningsVery impressive.

Apparently Patel is the fastest (in terms of balls bowled) to 5 wickets ever. In the entire history of cricket!! Madness.

And inside 3 days.
  • Options
    Yorkshire v Surrey at Scarborough

Yorkshire win the toss and will bat first.

The only change sees Stoneman come in for Harinath.
  • Options
    Lees c&b Dernbach 0

6-1
  • Options
    Lyth c de Bruyn b Morkel 42

51-2
  • Options
    76-2 at lunch
  • Options
    Pujara c Jacks b Virdi 23

107-3
  • Options
    Pitch is a bit of a road from what I've heard so expecting a draw unless we can pull something special our.