Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Surrey ccc

Comments

• Yes. Ben is a very good batsman. And has done well for the MCC this year and Northants. He was previously with Surrey and highly rated but the feeling was that whilst he has potential to make it in the game it was unlikely to happen at Surrey with the depth of batsmen we have. Think it was a case of 'best for all parties if he tries elsewhere'.
  • Surrey sign Lancashire quick bowling allrounder Jordan Clark for next season.

Must say I'm baffled by this given the absolute embarrassment of riches we have in the quick bowling department. The signing of Plunkett surprised me but I understood the logic that if a player like him becomes available you have to go for it. But it seems much more like we are actively targeting seamers which I don't get.

Then again I thought the signing of Rikki Clarke was not needed and he's been an absolute revelation since he returned so what do I know.

Surrey's quick bowlers for next season

Plunkett
    Clark
    Clarke
    Morkel
    Tom Curran
    Sam Curran
    Dernbach
    Meaker
    Dunn
    Mckerr
    Pillans
    Patel
    Atkinson

Pillans is thought to be off to Yorkshite next season - although that rumour has been going around for so long the fact that it hasn't been announced suggests to me it might not be so certain.

Suspect we may also lose Meaker and Dunn which is a massive shame as I rate them both highly they have just been so unlucky with injuries.

Mckerr is younger so we may be able to get him to stay and have a loan deal for part the season.

Worried about the amount of talent we are losing.

• Worried about the amount of talent we are losing.

The heart fucking bleeds
  • In other news Borthwick has broken his wrist in training. Won't be a miss in the t20 coming up but he is going to miss at least 1 championship game. He is a huge loss batting at 3 and averaging over 42 so far this year.

Perhaps we could persuade finch or Maddinson to stick around for 1 game until Elgar returns. If not Harinath could come in at 3.

Burns
    Stoneman
    Harinath
    Roy
    Foakes
    Patel
    Clarke
    Tom
    Morkel
    Dernbach
    Virdi

Feels a bit light on batting. With Patel also capable of being a 5th bowler it would be good to have an extra bat.

Pope and Sam are big losses.
  • Leuth said:

The heart fucking bleeds
    Out comes the inferiority complex again. Not my fault your lot are shit. Besides f you did have any good players they'd want to come to us!! ;)
  • Leuth said:

The heart fucking bleeds
    Piss off :smiley:
  • Surrey sign Lancashire quick bowling allrounder Jordan Clark for next season.

Must say I'm baffled by this given the absolute embarrassment of riches we have in the quick bowling department. The signing of Plunkett surprised me but I understood the logic that if a player like him becomes available you have to go for it. But it seems much more like we are actively targeting seamers which I don't get.

Then again I thought the signing of Rikki Clarke was not needed and he's been an absolute revelation since he returned so what do I know.

Surrey's quick bowlers for next season

Plunkett
    Clark
    Clarke
    Morkel
    Tom Curran
    Sam Curran
    Dernbach
    Meaker
    Dunn
    Mckerr
    Pillans
    Patel
    Atkinson

Pillans is thought to be off to Yorkshite next season - although that rumour has been going around for so long the fact that it hasn't been announced suggests to me it might not be so certain.

Suspect we may also lose Meaker and Dunn which is a massive shame as I rate them both highly they have just been so unlucky with injuries.

Mckerr is younger so we may be able to get him to stay and have a loan deal for part the season.

Isn't Alec Stewart a Chelsea supporter? That would explain why Surrey are hoarding bowlers, he's following the same approach :smile:
  • Gloucs got 159 off their 20 against Sussex - not looking promising.
  • and sussex won
  • and sussex won

Meaning we are out?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2018

and sussex won

Meaning we are out?
    No, need to beat Glam tonight and for Sussex to lose to Middsex - not looking good though.
    Would have been in our own hands if we hadnt stupidly thrown it away v Gloucs.
  • Anyone know if its being streamed on Surrey website?
  • No Jason Roy. Facial injury after throwing his bat at the wall in the dressing room after getting out for 0 in the last game. The bat fought back.
  • Strangely i had a similar incident with myself last week, although luckily not with a cricket bat - i was trying to swipe away an annoying wasp and whacked myself in the eye.!
    Plonka.
  • I love surreys website (although this happens a lot with other websites) - in their Glamorgan v SUrrey 'all you need to know' link , is the first fuckin question would be 'Are you streaming it?' but of course no fuckin mention.
  • Middlesex are absolute toilet.
    So I think we are out :neutral:
  • Sussex 40 -0 off 3 , Glamorgan 48-1 in 3rd over.
    I'm going to bed.
  • 53-1 off 4
    Sussex 53-0 in 4th over.
  • Sussex 75 without loss off 5 overs.
    Like I said Middlesex are absolute toilet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Glam 99-3 off 10
  • Glam 99-3 off 10

I thought you were off to bed. :smile:
  • Sussex 109-1 off 10
  • Sussex 150-1 off 13
  • Glam 183-8 off their 20..but........its raining !
  • Sussex 215-5 off 20

Doesnt look good.
  • Crusty54 said:

No Jason Roy. Facial injury after throwing his bat at the wall in the dressing room after getting out for 0 in the last game. The bat fought back.

The wall has been charged with affray
  • middx already 1 wicket down in first over
  • wow , Paul Stirling has just smacked Tymal Mills for 24 off the 2nd over
  • Middx 56-1 off 4.