Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Surrey ccc

Comments

• And that's dinner.
  • Davies c Clarke b Dernbach 0

0-1
  • Jones c Clarke b Morkel 10

35-2
  • Hameed b Morkel 22

45-3
  • 50 for Vilas

101-3
  • Vilas c Foakes b S Curran 61

114-4
  • Croft c Finch b Clarke 10

129-5
  • Parkinson lbw b Clarke 0

129-6
  • 134-6 at the close
  • Not a massive fan of pink ball cricket but it did make for a fascinating days play yesterday. The ball seeming to do more in daylight than it did under lights. Good late rally from Surrey. If we can get them all out quickly for parity or even a slight lead this morning afternoon then I feel we will win the game.

Pretty much the selection I would have gone for with Pope and Roy missing.

Hope Dernbach's injury isn't too bad. Although it's good that we have Tom Curran available to come in of he is out for any period of time. And useful to have Patel in as a batsman but he can chip in with some overs.

Virdi seems to have lost the threat and control he had early season. Hoping he can do well second innings here but if not if be thinking about taking him out the firing line for a game or so and returning to the experienced batty to see how he goes.
  • Sponsored links:

• The pink ball experiment doesn't seem to have been great for attendance, listening to the report on TMS it did seem that a lot of people started going home after 7pm.
  • Chanderpaul run out (Burns) 45

176-7
  • 213-7 - Lancs pass Surrey's first-innings total.
  • Mennie c Foakes b Virdi 26

225-8
  • 50 for Bohannon

240-8
  • 241-8 at tea, leading by 30
  • Lancashire wrapped up quickly after tea

Bohannon lbw b Virdi 52
    Onions c Burns b Patel 4

247 all out, with a lead of 36
  • Stoneman c Parkinson b Bailey 16

35-1
  • Very strange we took so long to give Patel a bowl. I get it if all our frontline bowlers were fit but with jade not coming out on the pitch today and the others not threatening for long periods we should have at least given him a go. The guy has a knack of getting wickets.
  • Harinath run out (Bailey) 7

74-2, leading by 38
  • Sponsored links:

• Saw the run out on the live stream. Never a run there. Burns possibly slightly to blame as he took 4 steps down the track before sending Harinath back when he had no chance. Gutted for Arun as I'm a big fan of his and he would have so wanted to see out the difficult session under lights this evening.

Now let's see what Finch has in a situation not sure really suits his game.
  • 76-2 at dinner
  • Finch lbw b Onions 32

114-3, leading by 78
  • edited August 2018
    50 up for Burns, moments after being dropped at second slip

123-3
  • Hope he gets a hundred - would be impossible for selectors to ignore him
  • Hope he gets a hundred - would be impossible for selectors to ignore him

...erm...

Burns b Bohannon 70

162-4, leading by 126
  • Annoying he got out then. Another 150 and I'll be more than confident of the win. Need Curran Patel and Clarke to all stick around with Foakes.
  • 197-4 at the close, leading by 161
  • S Curran c Vilas b Bailey 31

204-5
  • Foakes c Vilas b Mennie 33

227-6, leading by 191