Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Surrey ccc

Comments

• Options
    197-2 at stumps, leading by 130
  • Options
    From watching and listening yeaterday or was clear that the ball moved massively in the first hour and a half and then did very little as the air cleared.

It's part of the problem with playing this late in the summer, and the fact that the 10:30 start is earlier than it should be at this time of year with dew and the rest.

Anything Porter and Cook can do Morkel and Clarke can do better. Hopefully we skittle them cheaply and fight to get back in the game with the bat.

Wanted to see us lift the trophy but had to book a day off work more than a month ago. Took a gamble on day 3 (wednesday) based on how manybtimes we have won in 3 days this year. So hopefully it ends in 3 days with us winning somehow and i get to see the trophy.
  • Options

From watching and listening yeaterday or was clear that the ball moved massively in the first hour and a half and then did very little as the air cleared.

It's part of the problem with playing this late in the summer, and the fact that the 10:30 start is earlier than it should be at this time of year with dew and the rest.

Anything Porter and Cook can do Morkel and Clarke can do better. Hopefully we skittle them cheaply and fight to get back in the game with the bat.

Wanted to see us lift the trophy but had to book a day off work more than a month ago. Took a gamble on day 3 (wednesday) based on how manybtimes we have won in 3 days this year. So hopefully it ends in 3 days with us winning somehow and i get to see the trophy.

I think Surrey won the toss so could’ve taken advantage of the early conditions.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

I think Surrey won the toss so could’ve taken advantage of the early conditions.
    watched the highlights on Sky last night. Commentators said Surrey batted first as they were concerned about spin. They then mentioned a name...I dont generally follow the county scene so I dont know if they meant an Essex or Surrey player.

One thing I did notice was the number 9f "named" players that Surrey have. Every time a new player came to the crease I thought "blimey...heres another one". Burns & Stoneman opening....then Roy & Pope. Dernbach & Morkel at the end. No wonder they are the champions.
  • Options

watched the highlights on Sky last night. Commentators said Surrey batted first as they were concerned about spin. They then mentioned a name...I dont generally follow the county scene so I dont know if they meant an Essex or Surrey player.

One thing I did notice was the number 9f "named" players that Surrey have. Every time a new player came to the crease I thought "blimey...heres another one". Burns & Stoneman opening....then Roy & Pope. Dernbach & Morkel at the end. No wonder they are the champions.
    True about the big name players but also bear in mind that four of those you mentioned, plus the Curran brothers and Rikki Clarke (despite spending time at Warwickshire) are home-grown. You also have Jacks, Patel and Virdi, three more local products, playing in this game. And that blend, along with the "imports" is what's won us the Championship this year.
  • Options
    Lawrence lbw b Clarke 17

205-3
  • Options
    Consecutive boundaries off Morkel bring up a century for Westley

213-3
  • Options
    Bopara b Virdi 8

236-4
  • Options
    ten Doeschate c Pope b Dernbach 27

Now 280-5
  • Options
    Westley c Foakes b Clarke 134

282-6, and that's lunch. Essex lead by 215
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    50 for Wheater

370-6, lead is now 303
  • Options
    This is glorious
  • Options
    Harmer also brings up 50

404-6
  • Options
    441-6 at tea, leading by 374
  • Options
    Wheater retires hurt, Porter is the next man in
  • Options
    Bloody hell, the pitch must have changed significantly since yesterday morning !
  • Options
    Porter lbw b Dernbach 1

449-7
  • Options
    Cook c Foakes b Dernbach 1

456-8
  • Options
    Harmer brings up his century with a six

472-8
  • Options
    Essex declare on 477-8, leading by 410
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We're gonna smash em.
  • Options

We're gonna smash em.
    We'll score 500 and bowl them out for 66!
    :wink:
  • Options

We're gonna smash em.
    Looking at your avatar.
    You no it makes sense.
  • Options

We're gonna smash em.
    Looking at your avatar.
    You no it makes sense.
    Cushty!
  • Options
    44-0 off 6 overs!
  • Options

44-0 off 6 overs!

Easy easy
  • Options
    Burns c & b Porter 21

Now 77-1

Burns finishes with 1359 runs for the season at an average of 64.71
  • Options
    88-1 at the close, trailing by 322
  • Options
    I'm going today.

Little bit of me wants to see the trophy but the only way that will happen is of we lose.

Like to see a little bit of fight.

Don't think the pitch is that good, just think we are already on the beach. Apparently Morkel was coming off a shorter run and significantly down on pace.

Which makes the original selection even more puzzling.

End of season, nothing to play for, Morkel Clarke and Dernbach have all bowled a huge number of overs. Why not give them a rest. Why not play Meaker or Mckerr who would be desperate to impress for next year. And why only 3 seamers plus Patel? Why not stick with 4 quicks that has done us so well this season...
  • Options
    50 for Stoneman

108-1