Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Surrey ccc

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2018
    50 for Roy

134-1, trailing by 276
  • Options

From watching and listening yeaterday or was clear that the ball moved massively in the first hour and a half and then did very little as the air cleared.

It's part of the problem with playing this late in the summer, and the fact that the 10:30 start is earlier than it should be at this time of year with dew and the rest.

Anything Porter and Cook can do Morkel and Clarke can do better. Hopefully we skittle them cheaply and fight to get back in the game with the bat.

Wanted to see us lift the trophy but had to book a day off work more than a month ago. Took a gamble on day 3 (wednesday) based on how manybtimes we have won in 3 days this year. So hopefully it ends in 3 days with us winning somehow and i get to see the trophy.

I think Surrey won the toss so could’ve taken advantage of the early conditions.
    watched the highlights on Sky last night. Commentators said Surrey batted first as they were concerned about spin. They then mentioned a name...I dont generally follow the county scene so I dont know if they meant an Essex or Surrey player.

One thing I did notice was the number 9f "named" players that Surrey have. Every time a new player came to the crease I thought "blimey...heres another one". Burns & Stoneman opening....then Roy & Pope. Dernbach & Morkel at the end. No wonder they are the champions.
    True about the big name players but also bear in mind that four of those you mentioned, plus the Curran brothers and Rikki Clarke (despite spending time at Warwickshire) are home-grown. You also have Jacks, Patel and Virdi, three more local products, playing in this game. And that blend, along with the "imports" is what's won us the Championship this year.
    Both Currans weren’t in the team. Didn’t help on the bowling front. Pitch was much better by the afternoon of the first day.
  • Options
    Surrey gonna win this.
  • Options
    203-1 , Roy passes 100, Stoneman 70
  • Options
    210-1 at lunch, trailing by 200
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Surrey gonna win this.

Hmmmmm, got the Yorkshire match written all over it.
  • Options
    Roy c sub b Quinn 128

244-2, trailing by 166
  • Options
    Jamie Porter. The word record holder for having the world's longest run-up for a bowler who bowls mid 70s.
  • Options
    Stoneman b Harmer 86

249-3
  • Options
    317-3, and the deficit is now down to 93
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And Pope brings up his 50

321-3
  • Options

Jamie Porter. The word record holder for having the world's longest run-up for a bowler who bowls mid 70s.

Oi !!!
  • Options
    357-3 at tea, trailing by 53
  • Options
    Foakes lbw b Quinn 32

364-4
  • Options
    Century for Ollie Pope off 96 balls!

383-4, trailing by 27
  • Options
    410-4, so the scores are level
  • Options
    Pope lbw b Coles 114

418-5, leading by 8
  • Options
    Surrey are soooooo good this season.
    Next season is even easier with the inclusion of poor sides like Kent.
    Back to back championships beckon.
  • Options
    we gave them a start to make it interesting it seems
  • Options
    50 for Jacks (his first in the County Championship)

475-5, leading by 65
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    477-5 at the close, leading by 67

If Surrey win it would be a world record: a victory after overturning the biggest first innings deficit
  • Options
    Was there all day today. This is setting up for a Headingly 1981 finish.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Oi !!!
    No oi about it. He runs in 3 quarters of the way from the boundary doing the 100 metre sprint every ball. And then chucks it down at 75mph. Just a bit odd. Like that club bowler who charges in off a long run but does you for lack of pace as it comes out like a slower ball every time.

But seriously he was the best bowler for Essex today. Only one who threatened on a pitch not doing much. He got visibly angry a couple times and I heard him shouting at himself as he walked down to the boundary.

Roy was exceptional, weirdly Stoneman was poor despite getting 80 odd. He just got bogged down and couldn't rotate the strike. Allowed Harmer to dominate him for long periods. Pope excellent as always. Foakes looked good before getting out. Hopefully Patel and Jack's can keep going and extend the lead tomorrow.

Unless the pitch breaks up badly tomorrow I am backing the draw. Essex still slight favourites I reckon.

I'm getting to work very early tomorrow to try and get everything done so I can leave at 4 if it's still going and get the last hour or so and hopefully the trophy presentation.
  • Options
    Free entry for all tomorrow.

All day. No matter what time you arrive!
  • Options
    Got bloody sunburnt today. It's September ffs. I shouldn't need suncream!!
  • Options
    Jacks c Harmer b Coles 53

479-6, leading by 69
  • Options
    503-6, leading by 93
  • Options
    Clarke c sub b Coles 39

532-7, leading by 122
  • Options
    Morkel c Browne b Coles 0

532-8
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Was there all day today. This is setting up for a Headingly 1981 finish.

if only

is Morkel Surreys Willis ?