Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Surrey ccc

Comments

• And our legendary skipper gets Morgan caught skying one!!
  • 42-3 after 7.
  • edited June 2016
    Wicket looks tough to bat on here.. I think 174 is a better score than it looks on face value.
  • Simpson hits batty for six. Batty gets him next ball. Gives him a bit of a send off. Foakes turns him around to avoid an issue.

55-4 WASP says 8.5%
  • Batty causing problems for them here... bowling exceptionally well. Something happening every ball!
  • 58-4 Mids need 116 from 66.

Think we might win this one..
  • Gubbins drags on to Ansari's first ball. 58-5
  • WASP now at 2%
  • Building a bit of a partnership. 81-5
  • And Ansari gets Roland-Jones plum in front. Anyone with Roland in their name deserves to go. 16 from ten balls he got.

Ansari bowling well.

81-6
  • Sponsored links:

• 92-6 off 13. Middlesex need 82- from 42 balls.
  • edited June 2016
    Middlesex fighting for their net run rate here.
  • Warney raving about our young Curran boys.
  • 101-6 with 5 overs to go.
  • Rayner hits a ball into space. Roy catches it when it come down!! 13 from 13 balls. They need 50 from 17.
  • Wasp is 0%
  • Ranpaul has bowled very well today.
  • Franklin caught by T Curran in the deep of Ravi.

We have taken every catch and every chance in the field today.

Rampaul has bowled exceptionally as well.
  • 37 needed from 7.
  • 36 neded from the last over.
  • Sponsored links:

• First ball 6
  • Second ball caught by Ansari.
  • Direct hit to finish it off!!
  • Finn run out without facing a ball. By S Curran. Win by 29 runs. Will help with Net run rate. But should really have won by more..
  • Ansari gets Motm. Rightly so his innings was key with the bat. Those last 4 overs getting 50 off them was just exceptional. And he bowled well as well.
  • Fun game. Middlesex were shit
  • Went to the game last night. I didn't think we had enough runs, but the bowling/fielding was top notch. The game changer was the 19th over in the Surrey innings, when the Captain of the Pink Pussies brought himself on under pressure of the clock. Ansari/ Tom Curran got stuck into Malan and got us up to a total that proved to be difficult to chase down once McCullum & Morgan had gone.

We still need to sort out our upper order. Davies & Foakes are weak in key positions.

Has the club realised that the Saturday game will probably clash with England's first knockout game in the Euros? That's Sky f**king up the fixture list again. They will have a half-empty ground to explain. There's never the same atmosphere for a Saturday game anyway. The singing between overs last night was brilliant.
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

Went to the game last night. I didn't think we had enough runs, but the bowling/fielding was top notch. The game changer was the 19th over in the Surrey innings, when the Captain of the Pink Pussies brought himself on under pressure of the clock. Ansari/ Tom Curran got stuck into Malan and got us up to a total that proved to be difficult to chase down once McCullum & Morgan had gone.

We still need to sort out our upper order. Davies & Foakes are weak in key positions.

Has the club realised that the Saturday game will probably clash with England's first knockout game in the Euros? That's Sky f**king up the fixture list again. They will have a half-empty ground to explain. There's never the same atmosphere for a Saturday game anyway. The singing between overs last night was brilliant.

Yes agree those last 4 overs of our innings changed the game. I thought that we should have had more but 174 was going to be a tough chase. Watching on TV they picked up how much the ball was sticking in the pitch making it very difficult to get going on.

Think it was pretty much our strongest 11 although agree the top order looks wake. A lot rests on Roy and Singapore, if they don't fire then we are under pressure from the outset. I like Davies and want him to do well utility he hasn't given us a big innings in any format for over a year. All his pre season talk of forcing his way back into the England setup was clearly just talk. I think Wilson would have played ahead of Foakes but he is away with Ireland. And on recent form the vicar of Sibley would have come in for Davies were it not for his back injury.

Azhar and Dernbach would probably be in contention when fit. But on last night's bowling display I am not sure who they would come in for.

These are the right selection issues to be having. Which makes a change for this year..
  • Canters - Foakes is the new Wilson. Just when the innings needs momentum, it's 5 runs from 10 balls. I agree about Sibley, however he looks injury prone.

Davies has lost his way, probably a result of giving up the gloves. All the pressure is on his batting. When he opened the batting with Hamilton-Brown in one days a few seasons ago , he played with freedom, but he was a wk/batsman at the time.

The 4,5,6 positions need resolving by recruiting a proper middle order batsmen to back up Roy & Sanga. Preferably a solid English player not likely to be called up too often. I can't see Finch opening with Roy when Sanga goes off to the Caribbean T20. I'd slip him in at 4 in the short term. He'll get in early anyway, because Roy hits it up in the air whenever he gets impatient. Its just a question of when and how many he has scored before he does.