Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Surrey ccc

Comments

• edited June 2016
    Strange looking team. Batty back in after his family emergency the other day. Pillans out and Rampaul in. Sibley and Foakes in for Wilson and Davies.

Not sure how much is down to injuries and how much is choice...
  • Surrey going well here. 102-1 after 10.3

Sibley 45 at well over a run a ball.
    Sanga 49 from 23 is impressive.
  • I like Sibley being in the team. Hopefully he can get a run in the side and kicks on from here. Hopefully realising some of the potential he showed with his huge double ton a couple of years ago. And as I type this he moves to 50 on what I didn't realise was his first t20 match for us.

He also gives us an extra apin bowling option. And being a leggie it means we have 3 spinners who all bowl different spin.

Not quite the team of a few yeara ago when we had Batty, schofield, Spriegel, Hamilton-Brown, KP and Dilshan/Maxwell who would all turn their arm over for us!

• Sanga out for a brilliant 72 from 35. Partnership 114. At well over 11 an over...
  • Surrey get to 188-5 of their 20. Decent score that. Disappointed we couldn't kick on after the Sibley sanga partnership.... bit you have to fancy us here..
  • Surrey get to 188-5 of their 20. Decent score that. Disappointed we couldn't kick on after the Sibley sanga partnership.... bit you have to fancy us here..

Is it at The Oval , Canters ?

I believe it is yes. 19000 in. Not too bad at all.
  • edited June 2016

Surrey get to 188-5 of their 20. Decent score that. Disappointed we couldn't kick on after the Sibley sanga partnership.... bit you have to fancy us here..

Wow, thats something. Only about 18500 more than Canterbury.
  • Hamps all put for 108. Surrey win by 80 runs... that'll help the net run rate.

Wickets shared around.
  • Glad I didn't go - right result but not a great 20 20.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope you're OK Canters :smile:

Sorry I've been missing in action too - though it seemed to do the trick tonight!
  • Ok, we;ve found the winning formula - Canters does the commentary and Epsom steers clear until after the game - thats the second time this has worked :)

How does that put us in the table?.
    As a Hampshire resident, feeling a bit sorry for them - feel that its the end of an era where they were T20 regulars in the final having lost Mascarenhas,Mckenzie,Briggs,Vince to England and now Topley to injury.

Wow, thats something. Only about 18500 more than Canterbury.
    Ooh Aah says 16,000 are Hampshire fans who work in the city.
  • Hope you're OK Canters :smile:

Sorry I've been missing in action too - though it seemed to do the trick tonight!

Cheers mate. Nothing too serious just been out of action for a few weeks. Pretty much back to normal now!
  • So we won again today! Beat sussex by 6 wickets thanks to a 70 from Burns and a 61 from Foakes. We won with 10 overs to spare.

Burns scored 30 runs from hia last nine balls! Crazy!
  • So we won again today! Beat sussex by 6 wickets thanks to a 70 from Burns and a 61 from Foakes. We won with 10 overs to spare.

Wow, thats great - i got a text from Surrey to say we're top ! - what of ?

Wow, thats great - i got a text from Surrey to say we're top ! - what of ?
    Haha I have no idea. Top of the table if you turn it upside down?
  • So we are playing again today. These matches are coming thick and fast. I'm struggling to keep up with them. You cab tell Epsoms exam are over as he doesn't need to procrastinate by reporting on the cricket! ;)

Surpirused Pres hasnt piped up as its his local team against his beloved Surrey.

So Hamps got 289-8 thanks to a 116 from Alsop and a 50 from Ervine.

Wickets were spread around. Batty got 3, Ranpaul and TC got 2 apiece and Sam got 1. Surrey 208-5. We were going well Foakes on 70 and Zaf on 62. Ansari got out just as I tuned in. Still have some batting left with Sam in with Tom and Batty to come. After that Meaker and Rampaul arent much...
  • We need 78 from the last 10 overs.

Nearly 8 an over. Gonna be a tough task. This partnership is key. Need to get us close with 4 overs lef so TC and Batts can launch off.
  • As I say that foakes is stumped off young leggie Mason Crane out for 72 off 66 balls. Good knock but you feel its the end of our hopes of chasing this.

Curran brothers together.
  • Sponsored links:

• Top order didnt get enough runs. Roy a slow 29 from 43. Another failure for Davies 0. Sanga got 33 and Harinath 3. Thats just not enough of a platform for your lower order to launch from.
  • Surrey need 48 off the last six overa. Ths pair are going well keeping up with the rate. You feel these two have to do the bulk of the work for us to be in with a chance.
  • 40 needed from 26 balls.

Sam Curran 27
    Tom 15
  • 35 needed from 4 overs.
  • So we are playing again today. These matches are coming thick and fast. I'm struggling to keep up with them. You cab tell Epsoms exam are over as he doesn't need to procrastinate by reporting on the cricket! ;)

Surpirused Pres hasnt piped up as its his local team against his beloved Surrey.

So Hamps got 289-8 thanks to a 116 from Alsop and a 50 from Ervine.

Wickets were spread around. Batty got 3, Ranpaul and TC got 2 apiece and Sam got 1. Surrey 208-5. We were going well Foakes on 70 and Zaf on 62. Ansari got out just as I tuned in. Still have some batting left with Sam in with Tom and Batty to come. After that Meaker and Rampaul arent much...

I'm here (at home - not at Rose Bowl!) - very dull,overcast evening here.
  • 18 needed off 2.4 overs - we should do it.
  • 50 partnership between these two. Sam in particular has been exceptional. They have run well and got the boundaries when needed. 18 runs needed from 16.
  • Gonna be a gripping finish.

Sam 42 from 30 balls.
  • Sam curran gone for 42. Caught by Crane off berg.

Need 16 from 13. Good knock he got us in with a shout. Huge shame he couldnt get us over the line.

Batty and TC can do this though!
  • Then Sam gets out !

16 needed of 2 overs.