Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Surrey ccc

Comments

• That's funnier than the two defeats by an innings...

You have to laugh. Still at least Kent will have their cup final next year.

Yep - really looking forward to playing Essex again in Division 1.
  • Okay guys......wot I missed ?

Yep - really looking forward to playing Essex again in Division 1.
    You know only one team goes up this year?
  • In a remarkable turn of events, I am actually doing something social on a Friday night. So I won't be able to do updates. Sorry.
  • edited June 2016

In a remarkable turn of events, I am actually doing something social on a Friday night. So I won't be able to do updates. Sorry.

So, its all been your fault then- we won last night. :)
  • edited June 2016
    Hahaha I do think Epsoms updates are the kiss of death to any Surrey game!

Was also busy so couldnt follow the game but sounds like it was a cracker. Line up looked stronger with Bravo Burns and Ansari all back.

Roy and Sanga set a platform and then then went on. The Bravo came and did what he does.

Sounds like we started well with the ball kept it tight and got two wickets. Then they caught up a but but that Ansari over that took 2 wickets for one run turned the game around. They were never really in it from then on despite some big hitting from Surrey academy product Chris Jordan and others. But the rate was always too high.

Good win and a good way to mark S.Curran's 18th birthday.
  • Blimey,18 ! - thought he was only 13.
  • Surrey 146-4 of 30 at Beckenham
  • Sponsored links:

• 181-5 off 37
  • Judging by the lack of posts on 'ere and the Kent thread, then it seems all the posters are at Beckenham.
    As long as Epsom doesnt post then thats ok. :)
  • 191-5 off 40
  • 241-8 off 48
  • 248-8 off 49 - every batter has got into double figures - but only one, Sanga has gone past 50. Slow, tricky wicket ?
  • Finishes at 255-8
  • I am not at the game... Had a christening this morning and my phone has decided to kick the bucket so can't keep up with the score very easily....

not a great score but we have had plenty worse. Once again in the shorter formats you get the feeling that if the top three dont go big then we always struggle. And with Davies out of form thats a hell of a lot of pressure on Roy and Sanga. I'd expect this bowling line up to have a good go at defending this.
  • 99 for 1 need quick wickets
  • 99 for 1 need quick wickets

There you go ...4 wickets for 4 runs. That ok ?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Perfect thanks
  • Alright boys, just to let you know surrey lost. Alex blake with 60 odd. Unlucky
  • No bragging rights tonight then
  • Alright boys, just to let you know surrey lost. Alex blake with 60 odd. Unlucky

Oh well, cup finals and all that.
    See you at The Oval.
  • At least we know it's not my fault... we are just genuinely shit.
  • So we lost again yesterday in a rain-interrupted game against Somerset at The Oval. We take on Hampshire in the T20 tonight.
  • edited June 2016
    Sorry all. It's been canters down for the last couple weeks I've been pretty ill and my phone chose that moment to give up the ghost. So I have been absent from Charlton life for a while.

But I am happy to say I am alive and kicking (just). And we have a T20 tonight at the oval. Anyone going? Anyone around to give updates/commentary? I'll chip in as and when I can...
  • Was going to go tonight - nice evening etc... £30 a ticket - they can stick it!
  • Welcome back Canters - youve not missed much !.