Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Surrey ccc

Comments

• Somerset collapsed from 46-0 to 102 all out, so that's 10 wickets for 56 runs.
  • We're not enforcing the follow-on.

Probably a good shout. Let's get a good lead build some confidence and then skittle then for not many.
  • The slew of wickets also has the benefit of keeping this Surrey thread at the top of Charlton Life :-)
  • Harinath c Trescothick b Overton 13. 17-1.
  • Burns b Leach 8. 25-2.

Knew it was too good to last.
  • Why would you not enforce a follow on with such a weak batting line up. The two openers aren't good enough
  • Sangakkara c Davies b Overton 3. 27-3.

Sake.
  • Davies c Hildreth b Leach 7. 38-4.
  • Tea 43-4. Lead is 205.

It would be entirely in keeping with our season if we lost a game after being in a position to enforce the follow-on.
  • edited May 2016
  • Sponsored links:

• Wilson b J Overton 11. 44-5.
  • Curran c C Overton b Leach 5. 51-6, lead by 213.
  • I think it's a case of the pitch is bad and getting worse so we didn't want to be batting last. I think a lead of around 300 will be more than enough. Just a case of getting there.
  • Stumps 94-6, lead of 256.

Crazy, crazy stuff. Despite our best efforts in the second half of the day we're in a strong position; if we don't win from here it's difficult to predict us winning a game at all this season in the County Championship.
  • How many wickets fell in the day? I expect they will investigate this pitch.

I expect Somerset looked at our recent for and asked for a result wicket, expecting to beat us. Let's hope we make it bite them on the arse.
  • MrOneLung said:

Is there really that much difference between the two divisions which is why struggling so much or just not performing?

It's a good question. I've been wondering this a lot since we got promoted. I have always been one to say that because of the T20 and 50 over competition the difference in quality was never that stark. As demonstrated by Sanaga and plenty of world class players going to div 2 teams.

However since promotion I have changed my mind slightly. I think the quality of bowling from seasoned county bowlers who always know how to get the best out of the pitch, is much higher than that in div 2. Inexperienced (and experienced) batsmen struggle to adapt to this. And less experienced bowlers struggle to replicate these..
    Div 2 is sh1t mate - look, it has to be..... Kent win sometimes.
  • Morning all - I'm at the County Ground today, really looking forward to what should either way be a great day's play.
  • Foakes c Rogers b Leach 14. 94-7.
  • Batty b J Overton 17. 117-8.
  • edited May 2016
    Pillans b J Overton 0. 117-9.

Two almost identical full deliveries this over to get rid of him and Batty.

[Edited as not even Surrey are capable of losing both a wicket and a run at the same time ]
  • Sponsored links:

• 117-8 to 116-9...

Magic! :-)
  • Oops!

Ansari c Davies b J Overton 38. 138 all out.
  • Somerset chasing 301. Curran's first two deliveries go down to the legside boundary for 4.
  • 17 runs off the first two overs.
  • Well its not looking good is it.
  • Trescothick is scoring runs everywhere, finding singles where others wouldn't. 39-0 off 7 overs.
  • edited May 2016
    Abell c Foakes b T Curran 7. 46-1.
  • edited May 2016
    Lunch 52-1. Somerset need 249 more to win.
  • I think you will bowl them out.
  • Two fours, a two and a single in the first over after lunch take Trescothick to 24,000 first-class runs.