Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Surrey ccc

Comments

• I've said it before, but I never rated Trescothick until England no longer had him !
  • 50 for Trescothick. 70-1.
  • Trescothick c Foakes b Meaker 56. 92-2.

Big wicket that.
  • I still think there's a good chance we'll win but I really thought that we should have enforced the follow on yesterday. I know the theory of deteriorating conditions can make batting on later days even more difficult but our bowlers, well Batty anyway, were in the groove, wouldn't have been tired and Somerset were struggling. Surrey's score showed that batting was tough for the rest of the day and it could be that the wicket flattens later. There again, I'm sure Batty knows more than me!
  • Hildreth c Foakes b Meaker 0. 92-3.

Two in an over and it's back on!
  • MrOneLung said:

I think you will bowl them out.

Are you trying the commentators curse. Or some elaborate double bluff? :)
  • I still think there's a good chance we'll win but I really thought that we should have enforced the follow on yesterday. I know the theory of deteriorating conditions can make batting on later days even more difficult but our bowlers, well Batty anyway, were in the groove, wouldn't have been tired and Somerset were struggling. Surrey's score showed that batting was tough for the rest of the day and it could be that the wicket flattens later. There again, I'm sure Batty knows more than me!

I see your arguments. I think some doubt over Ansari's thumb (and ability to bowl) may have come into it.
  • Meaker has been quality since he returned. How we have missed him over the last two/three years...
  • Rogers lbw b T Curran 28. 127-4.
  • Trego is looking dangerous
  • Sponsored links:

• Meaker has been quality since he returned. How we have missed him over the last two/three years...

I thought he was leaving Surrey ?
  • Tea 170-4, Allenby 32* Trego 28*

I've not heard this? When was this?
  • 202-4. Allenby and Trego are well set.
  • Trego lbw b Batty 44. 207-5.

Bollocks :-)

Bit of history between these two. Hope Batty gave him a good send off.
  • Feel the game is slipping away from us here. Will take something special from Batty or someone to win this now...
  • 50 for Allenby. 218-5.
  • C Overton c Davies b Batty 8. 219-6, 82 more to win.

"Batty's on fire,
    Your batsmen are terrified..."
  • Sponsored links:

I thought it was you that said it :)

Oh yes, i remember Batty and him and Batty acting like the spoilt little brat he is.

I thought it was you that said it :)
    Your right I did say that if I was him, clearly a very good fast bowler with a good record but not getting games for two/three years. I would have got frustrated and moved.

Clearly there was more going on behind the scenes than I thought. He has always been a very good player and I am now glad he is back in the game andaging well.

I never said I wanted him to leave just that I wouldn't be surprised if he went to find game time elsewhere.

Oh yes, i remember Batty and him and Batty acting like the spoilt little brat he is.
    Your joking right? I love Batty! That fire and passion he shows is just brilliant.

In that instance I think he was harshly done by. He was clearly going towards the keeper and slips but Trego stepped into his path!
  • Meaker gets Allenby for 56! Come on!!!
  • edited May 2016
    Allenby lbw b Meaker 56. 225-7.

Big breakthrough!
  • edited May 2016

Trego lbw b Batty 44. 207-5.

Your joking right? I love Batty! That fire and passion he shows is just brilliant.

In that instance I think he was harshly done by. He was clearly going towards the keeper and slips but Trego stepped into his path!
    He's a horrible nasty short ginger Northener. Apart from that he's ok.
    If i was Trego that day, i would happily wrapped my bat around his big mouth.
  • Davies lbw b Batty 5. 237-8.

That's Batty's 600th first-class wicket.

He's a horrible nasty short ginger Northener. Apart from that he's ok.
    If i was Trego that day, i would happily wrapped my bat around his big mouth.
    Well I guess we agree to disagree. The man is a hero in my eyes.