Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Surrey ccc

Comments

• LenGlover said:

Thanks for the updates Epsom. Been playing cricket all day so haven't been following. In the face of it looks like a pretty poor innings with everyone getting starts and not going on. All depends on the pitch. Guildford has on the past deteriorated on the last could of days. Hope we can break our Guildford voodoo

How did it go for Stockbury @cantersaddick ?
    Pretty good! We lost to the top of the league side but were missing 9 regulars. I bowled my 9 overs got 2 wickets had two dollies dropped off my bowling. Also twice took the edge of their best player who happens to be the captain of the 2nd team at my uni but they both went between keeper and slip.

First game in well over a year and not even had a net for about 4 months because of exams so happy with the way I bowled. Felt in control didn't bowl a single wide

Shame we lost but we were playing with 10 against top of the league so overall felt it was a decent showing!
  • 50 for Foakes

266-7, leading by 230
  • Meaker c Harmer b Wagner 14

286-8
  • Rampaul c ten Doeschate b Wagner 0

286-9
  • Surrey finished on 288. Essex in and currently chasing 245 with 8 runs on the board. Plenty of hours in the day to finish the match, just depends on what the Surrey bowlers can do.
  • Footitt run out Wagner 0

288 all out, so Essex will chase 253
  • Cook c Borthwick b Rampaul 31

53-1, 200 more runs to get.
  • And that's also lunch.
  • 50 for Browne

111-1, Essex require another 142.
  • Cracking game down at Taunton!

Shame about what's happening at Guildford though...

142-1, another 111 needed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Browne c Burns b Batty 77

148-2
  • edited June 2017
    50 for Westley

164-2, target is now just 89 runs away.
  • Tea - 186-2, 67 more to get.
  • Surrey have recalled pace bowler Conor McKerr from his loan spell with Derbyshire. The 19-year-old took 10 wickets in Derbyshire's defeat by Northants this week and Surrey director of cricket Alec Stewart says he is "developing nicely
  • 205-2, less than 50 runs away now.
  • Westley has turned up the heat... can only be Essex now. How the hell did we suddenly become decent? Surrey are a very good side.
  • Century for Westley

244-2, just 9 to win now.
  • 253-2, and that's game over.

Westley finishes on 108*, with Lawrence at the other end on 32*, as Essex win by 8 wickets.
  • Poor second innings by Surrey. All the batsman played themselves in but none went on to a big score. Ah well, that's Guildford out of the way!
  • I think the bonus point system makes a mockery of the league table. Before this game Essex were only a point ahead of surrey despite winning 1 more game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pretty disappointing to be honest. I expect us to put up a better showing with the bat than that in the second innings.

Earlier in the season I was expecting us to struggle to take wickets if Footit didn't have a wonder spell. Bit I thought our batting would be pretty solid and consistent. It seems we rely on Sanga too much with stoneman Borthwick and Burns chopping in. The rest have been very disappointing.

Recalling Conor McKerr is an interesting one. He's been getting wickets regularly for the 2s this year and some good runs. I expected them to let him have the full months loan then recall him. He did well in the one match he played for Derby but it's hardly a large sample. Conditions could have been in his favour and the opposition may not have heard of him and had a plan. I suspect first division sides will be more prepared especially now he has played some country cricket. Interesting in he junoa the likes of Pillans and Dunn in the pecking order.
  • Today we have our playoff game against Yorkshire in the One Day Cup or whatever it's called this year. Have to win to make the semis. Not sure if it's on tv or anything... I'll probably be listening so will try and provide irregular updates between what I'm doing..
  • Today we have our playoff game against Yorkshire in the One Day Cup or whatever it's called this year. Have to win to make the semis. Not sure if it's on tv or anything... I'll probably be listening so will try and provide irregular updates between what I'm doing..

SS2 1.55pm. Surrey v Yorkshire Royal London Cup.

SS2 1.55pm. Surrey v Yorkshire Royal London Cup.
    Cheers mate.
  • Stoneman in England Lions squad (and Jamie Porter)

England Test pair Keaton Jennings and Haseeb Hameed are set to feature for England Lions in a four-day tour fixture against South Africa A.

The Durham and Lancashire openers have been named in a 13-man squad for the game at Canterbury from 21 June.

Surrey opener Mark Stoneman gets a first Lions call-up along with Somerset teenage off-spinner Dominic Bess.

Bess, 19, is joined in the squad by Somerset team-mates Jamie Overton and fellow spinner Jack Leach.

Stoneman, 29, moved from Durham to Surrey in the winter and struck 197 in his side's recent County Championship defeat by Essex at Guilford.

Mark Stoneman is averaging 62.70 for Surrey in the County Championship this season
    The left-hander was tipped as a potential opening partner for Alastair Cook during England's tours to Bangladesh and India last winter, but found himself behind Hameed and Jennings.

"The lads in the winter who played did quite well," Stoneman told BBC Radio London last week.

"I imagine they're still at the front of the selectors' thoughts. But I've got to be scoring as many runs as I can to be there in the background if they don't play well or the selectors' decide they want to go in a different direction.

"I've just got to make sure my game is in good order and push for an opportunity."

Both Hameed and Jennings, who captains the Lions side, will hope to make significant runs ahead of England's Test series against South Africa next month. The pair average 19 and 39 in the County Championship respectively this season.

England Lions squad to face South Africa A at Canterbury (21-24 June): Keaton Jennings (Durham, capt), Mark Stoneman (Surrey), Haseeb Hameed (Lancashire), Nick Gubbins (Middlesex), Dan Lawrence (Essex), Ben Foakes (Surrey, wk), Sam Curran (Surrey), Jamie Overton (Somerset), Tom Helm (Middlesex), Jamie Porter (Essex), George Garton (Sussex), Jack Leach (Somerset), Dominic Bess (Somerset).
  • Good to Surrey and Yorkshire on TV - these smaller counties need more exposure.
  • Just got in and switched it on, 6 overs to go Surrey are 254/4, Foakes 85 and Pope 4 , Sangakara was out for 121 - his 100th first class 100.
  • Surrey close at 313 for 7.
    Sanga scores his one hundredth 100 in all competitions.
    Legend
  • edited June 2017

Good to Surrey and Yorkshire on TV - these smaller counties need more exposure.

Jealous? As it happens Kent would be on tv more if they actually reached the knock out stages of a competition every now and then! ;)
  • Apologies for the lack of updates I've been busy. Managed to listen to a large part of it.

Sounds like a track that takes time to get in on but once you're in it gets easier. Very hard to go hard at it first up.

Borthwick was looking good before he got out. The partnership between Sanga and Foakes was incredible and useful quick 37 from Pope to finish off.good total on a track that's apparently not as easy to bat on as it first appears.