Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Top 5 TV Drama Series

1235»

Comments

• Options

Glad to see a few mentions for Spiral. My phone screensaver is Audrey Fleurot aka Josephine Karlsson.

she is an ABSOLUTE red haired fox "!!"
  • Options
    Shit forgot about Hill Street Blues really groundbreaking totally brilliant
  • Options
    After the last series the Bridge is definitely my number 1. As soon as the opening music and shots start I am mesmerised . And Sofia Hellin's portrayal of Saga is staggeringly brilliant. How she does not walk off with a string of awards for that, I don't know (perhaps she will).

So it would be

1. The Bridge
    2. Auf Wiedersehen Pet
    3. Mad Men (even though the ending left me disappointed)

And after that its difficult for me to rank Borgen, The Killing, Spiral, Tinker Tailor, Wallander (the more recent Swedish versions) ,Edge of Darkness (still etched on my memory) and Peaky Blinders (surprised that isn't picking up a few votes). It seems that Deutschland 83 is creating a buzz, but for me it has a way to go yet before getting into my list.

On the other hand, War and Peace. What a load of bollocks. Gave up after two episodes. So wanted to recommend this to a Russian friend but I'm going to keep quiet and hope she doesn't get to hear about it.
  • Options

After the last series the Bridge is definitely my number 1.

Really? I didn't enjoy series 3 at all. 1 and 2 are both excellent.
  • Options
    IA said:

After the last series the Bridge is definitely my number 1.

Really? I didn't enjoy series 3 at all. 1 and 2 are both excellent.
    Maybe you missed Martin, the Danish detective? Some people didn't take to his replacement. I was Ok with him, especially as at first he looked like he was set up to be a bit dodgy.

• Options
    Don't want to post too many spoilers as the first two are excellent and I think the third is probably good too in isolation. I watched the third over a couple of days which doesn't suit me so maybe I'm being unfair.

Just one spoiler.

Lots of unanswered questions from the previous series. Most importantly, why does Martin spend half of series 1 moaning that Saga can't pronounce his surname when he can't be bothered to pronounce "Saga" correctly?
  • Options
    Friday Night Lights
    The Sopranos
    The Wire
    Deadwood
    True Detective
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    My list would change all the time but off the top of my head I would say.

Sons of Anarchy
    The Sopranos
    West Wing
    The Wire
    Deadwood
  • Options
    Nadou said:

Friday Night Lights
    The Sopranos
    The Wire
    Deadwood
    True Detective

I liked your post for naming Friday Night Lights. :smile: If I remember correctly, we've briefly discussed this show on here before? Not many people have even heard of it so it's always a delight to see it gets a mention.
  • Options
    My top two favourite shows are Friday Night Lights and Six Feet Under and it's quite interesting that, despite being in the same category of family drama, these two are in fact totally opposite to one another. FNL is full of positiveness while SFU is so sad, depressing and can be miserable to watch sometimes. I love them both for one same reason: they taught me so much about life.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thoroughly enjoying War & Peace .. superb acting, costumes, scenes, colours, cinematography, .. I like the modern pace and 'aggression' of US drams but nobody does the 'classics' like the British

• Options
    How about the worst?

1. Crossroads. (Mind you I watched it!)
    2.Blake's Seven. (scifi at its worst)
    3. Maelstrom - remember dolls played a large part in it
    3.Triangle - drama set in North Sea?
    4. Quincy - great bedside manner - wasted as he was a Pathologist!
    5. Angels - 1970s Hospital drama
  • Options

How about the worst?

I enjoyed Blake's Seven .. swap 'Compact' for it and I agree ((:>)
  • Options

How about the worst?

I enjoyed Blake's Seven .. swap 'Compact' for it and I agree ((:>)
    How could I have forgotten Compact!! (seemed glamorous to me as 10 year old )and of course scriptwriters went on to Crossroads! Now you have made me remember The Newcomers (cast included my mum's favourite actor Jack Watling!). Any more blasts from the past?
  • Options
    The Wire
    The Sopranos
    Deadwood
    Game Of Thrones
    Friday Night Lights

In that order!
  • Options
    1) Friday Night Lights
    2) Friday Night Lights
    3) Friday Night Lights
    4) Friday Night Lights
    5) Friday Night Lights

Never heard of it tbh but seems very popular all of a sudden........