Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wednesday set sights on promotion to PL.

Comments

• Options
    We hate Wednesday and we hate Wednesday.
  • Options
    Early days but looking good chaps, we had to wait till around 17 games for our first win last season :)
  • Options

Early days but looking good chaps, we had to wait till around 17 games for our first win last season :)

Good result for you lot!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Well played Wednesday
  • Options

Good result for you lot!
    Yeah, I'd have taken a point today all that way down there.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Lol u played a weak brighton team with 10men. Go knock one out on the Wendy forum not ours
  • Options
    MSE7 said:

Lol u played a weak brighton team with 10men. Go knock one out on the Wendy forum not ours

We played a Brighton side that had 11 men when we scored, we come away with 3 points and a clean sheet away at the Amex oh and just for you MSE7
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxjBYGcv4UI
  • Options
    Well done OP. Valuable away victory against a team who have been knocking on the door of PL for 3 seasons now. Shows you should be able to compete and do the same, and also shows the value of having a bunch of medium-skill players who know each other and can play as a team against better quality opposition and dig in for a win.
  • Options
    Wish people would stop commenting on this thread, don't like seeing it at the top of the forum, especially just after CHARLTON have played.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I agree. Lets send it the Wednesday down.
  • Options
    Quiet on here tonight though, I was expecting major chatter?
  • Options

Imagine if the new owner does come in sacks gray and hires Powell LOL

Gray will be under pressure if he doesn't deliver if and when this takeover happens, it's the cruel way football has gone but all i'm bothered about is getting some quality players in and if that means even Lens helping out then so be it, somehow I don't see us being like Watford though.
    @operationpig‌ can't you share your views with people who care?
    Since you replied I guess you care, If anymore news comes my way I'll report back.

You guess wrong. I think he replied to tell you to go away.
  • Options
    M8 of mine is a Seagull - he says that they were rubbish and Wendies were even worse but scored from their one and only effort on goal. Reckons they're missing Dale!!!
  • Options
    Great result tho, fair play
  • Options

Quiet on here tonight though, I was expecting major chatter?

Why?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    JonnyK said:

M8 of mine is a Seagull - he says that they were rubbish and Wendies were even worse but scored from their one and only effort on goal. Reckons they're missing Dale!!!

They will say that though won't they after a defeat,... I've been on their forum tonight and they all seem to think they should turn us over convincingly, not going to be the case, sorry.

Lets face a few facts here, Wednesday have been severely hampered by all the takeover on/off saga, it has affected our pre-season in terms of signings, okay, we've still managed to sign Sam Huchinson who's an outstanding player at this level as he was today by all accounts, we played Kieran Westwood in goal another decent signing putting Kirkland on the bench, we also signed Tom Lees from L**ds who again, had a very good game and along with Loovans signing for us who was on loan here last season that's not a bad few signings. Stevie May was signed today who's a striker very highly rated in Scotland, St Johnstone fans think we've got the bargain of the season with him, hope we have.

We still need more players though, we still lack depth but I'm hopeful we can bring some more in.

Brighton were average today for a home side thinking of play-offs, they had 27k fans behind them and had about three shots all game, although when they did go down to ten men it kind of went in their favour bizarrely because it disrupted the game.

On the Brighton forum one fan quoted this, ''If Wednesday had any forwards they could be a surprise package. Beanpole was particularly useless.
    I don't think both teams were too bad. Definitely lacked class though. Wednesday reminded me of Derby and Hull without the class players. Albion looked like they have ditched the wing play (without Buckley) which was a mistake if the team cannot get through the centre. Points thrown away. I think Stephen Ward might have made the difference.''

• Options
    Wednesday your nothing enjoy league one next season
  • Options
    Last time I checked, nobody has ever won the league with 3 points...
  • Options
    Not bad, W2D2L0 should have won by 5 or 6 today, ref turned down a blatant pen for us, and gifted them two.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You above us yet...?
  • Options
    Stuart Gray is doing a brilliant job tbf
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    WSS said:

You above us yet...?

Dunno not even looked at the league where are we/you?

• Options
    We're 5th... Sheffield Wednesday are 6th... Both teams on 6 points and have +2 Goal Difference
  • Options
    I assume we are ahead on goals scored. Otherwise, we should be grateful we are not called Tarlton.
  • Options

We're 5th... Sheffield Wednesday are 6th... Both teams on 6 points and have +2 Goal Difference

we're both on 8 points
  • Options

I assume we are ahead on goals scored. Otherwise, we should be grateful we are not called Tarlton.

I've always been grateful for that mate ;-)

• Options
    Promotion form two points per game, big top of the table clash next week on TV for us, you just know what will happen and who will score against us now :(
  • Options

Blucher said:

A blow to lose Antonio, a player with pace to burn. That sort of winger is always very useful both at home, when trying to break teams down, and away, when you're hitting them on the break.

A sale to fund the proposed purchase of Stevie May ? With Leon Best having gone to Derby on a season loan, I don't suppose that Wednesday want to be relying on people like Gary Madine up front.

I don't actually think it was, yes he has pace and he's strong but he is so inconsistant for a player that showed so much promise in our promotion season, if we can bring in others (which seems to be the case) then for 2m I think we got a decent deal.

Stevie May could be decent for us.
    2 goals 1 assist today Piggy
  • Options
    Good result that pal