Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wednesday set sights on promotion to PL.

Comments

• Options
    the only way to compare teams is when they have played the same team, that has happened once so far

both played Derby at home
    you drew 0-0
    we won 3-2
  • Options
    My tenner looking less safe than when we bet Op, but our CEO has gone on record to say they are looking to secure two more players this window. They prefer to buy but if not we borrow. I hope we are both up therein the mix as both clubs are well run championship clubs who have gone through hard times. I think the table at end September will tell us a lot about the season to come - ten games is enough to give a decent view.
    When do we play each other?
  • Options
    Good result today OP. We apparently were off colour but sneaked a draw. Onwards and upwards!

Enjoy looking up the table a us...
  • Options
    Good result for Wednesday that.
  • Options
    Away win. Good result. That's it.
  • Options

Blucher said:

A blow to lose Antonio, a player with pace to burn. That sort of winger is always very useful both at home, when trying to break teams down, and away, when you're hitting them on the break.

A sale to fund the proposed purchase of Stevie May ? With Leon Best having gone to Derby on a season loan, I don't suppose that Wednesday want to be relying on people like Gary Madine up front.

I don't actually think it was, yes he has pace and he's strong but he is so inconsistant for a player that showed so much promise in our promotion season, if we can bring in others (which seems to be the case) then for 2m I think we got a decent deal.

Stevie May could be decent for us.
    2 goals 1 assist today Piggy
    Yeah I saw that, hmmm next game agaisnt us too

the only way to compare teams is when they have played the same team, that has happened once so far

you drew 0-0
    we won 3-2

Don't think we need to play each other now Paulie.

My tenner looking less safe than when we bet Op, but our CEO has gone on record to say they are looking to secure two more players this window. They prefer to buy but if not we borrow. I hope we are both up therein the mix as both clubs are well run championship clubs who have gone through hard times. I think the table at end September will tell us a lot about the season to come - ten games is enough to give a decent view.

We were missing our best two players today both in Midfield, Hutchinson and Lee, we really shouldn't be where we are as our squad is wafer thin, we'd be on ten points if it wasn't for conceding a bloody 95 min goal to Millwall the other night but Grays got this team believing.
  • Options
    Changed my mind now. Wednesday will surely win the league.
  • Options

Blucher said:

A blow to lose Antonio, a player with pace to burn. That sort of winger is always very useful both at home, when trying to break teams down, and away, when you're hitting them on the break.

A sale to fund the proposed purchase of Stevie May ? With Leon Best having gone to Derby on a season loan, I don't suppose that Wednesday want to be relying on people like Gary Madine up front.

I don't actually think it was, yes he has pace and he's strong but he is so inconsistant for a player that showed so much promise in our promotion season, if we can bring in others (which seems to be the case) then for 2m I think we got a decent deal.

Stevie May could be decent for us.
    you drew 0-0
    we won 3-2
    Don't think we need to play each other now Paulie.
    We never need to play the games, just give us the 6 points and it saves both teams fitness then
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Changed my mind now. Wednesday will surely win the league.

Joking aside I'd be hppy with mid table, our takeover seems up in the air we've sold a decent player to Forest.

I just wish we wasn't on Sky next week and playing Forest,................ f*ck it, who are Forest and Stuart Pearce? they won't know what's hit them when they come up here in our back yard! scabby btards!

• Options

We were missing our best two players today both in Midfield, Hutchinson and Lee, we really shouldn't be where we are as our squad is wafer thin, we'd be on ten points if it wasn't for conceding a bloody 95 min goal to Millwall the other night but Grays got this team believing.
    We are all going to be missing players sooner or later which is why I suggest ten games gives a good picture as it edges out fluke and bad performances.
    Forest are one of the clubs challenging FFP as they are clearly on or above the loss limits. I really hope that these are enforced this Christmas as these clubs are simply trying to buy their way to promotion whereas other clubs are being run sensibly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good result for Weds. Boro's a hard place to go.
  • Options
    Operation pig -

------

Doing quite well there OP, to elevate the team and prepare for the (inevitable) defeat when it arrives the same time. Genius !
  • Options
    Stuart Grays barmy army!
  • Options

Stuart Grays barmy army!

Congratulations on Winning promotion,
    Oh Wait its just a capital One Cup game my apologises

Congratulations on Winning the Capital One Cup then
    Oh wait its only a 2nd round match again my Apologises
  • Options
    15 pages on the strange unforeseeable, unknown "possibilty" of sheffield wednesday getting promoted to the premier league...
  • Options
    They should just be there permanently. Come on, it makes sense...
  • Options
    what the f does #daretonuhiu mean???
  • Options
    Defo gonna lol my little face off when they finish 16th
  • Options

what the f does #daretonuhiu mean???

Noooooooo Callum.................don't ask the question! Piggy will be so grateful to have a chance to reply.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2014

Really rolls off the tongue..
  • Options
    Thats it, they have a player who can score a penalty, premier league it isfor them then

OH WAIT
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At5K-WVrA6w
  • Options
    Piggy telling me that Wednesday 'are setting sights on Premier League' reminds me of David Steele telling his fellow Liberal MPs to "go back to your constituencies and prepare for government."
    Deluded.
  • Options
    Sensei said:

Piggy telling me that Wednesday 'are setting sights on Premier League' reminds me of David Steele telling his fellow Liberal MPs to "go back to your constituencies and prepare for government."
    Deluded.

This thread was put up before the season started and before our takeover collapsed but the irony of you trying to make me look like a mug when you posted this while your own side were already playing speaks volumes about your good self.

As for today, I'm pissed off because we didn't deserve to lose to them scabs today.
  • Options

Sensei said:

Deluded.

This thread was put up before the season started and before our takeover collapsed but the irony of you trying to make me look like a mug when you posted this while your own side were already playing speaks volumes about your good self.

As for today, I'm pissed off because we didn't deserve to lose to them scabs today.
    The title of this thread is proper embarrassing though, to be fair. You could've just wrote something about a takeover being imminent. Not like a Wednesday fan to get ahead of themselves....... Hahahaha.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Sensei said:

Deluded.

The title of this thread is proper embarrassing though, to be fair. You could've just wrote something about a takeover being imminent. Not like a Wednesday fan to get ahead of themselves....... Hahahaha.
    Why is it? still early days yet mate, okay we might not have the financial support we thought but hey ho, I'm still hopeful, we can have a decent season without looking at the bottom three for a change.

• Options

Sensei said:

Deluded.

Not sure which 'volumes' you're referring to Piggy? I was sitting at work on the PC listening to the commentary on CAFC Player after we'd gone one up against Brighton when I noticed that you'd already lost earlier in the day to Forrest. Okay so we shared the points in the end and I was caught up in the moment and maybe over indulged a little, but in a gentle way, no scabs or fecks in sight! Forrest must have really upset you today Piggy - as Jamie T stated 'Calm down Dearest'!
  • Options
    Royston Drenthe. Oh dear.
  • Options

Royston Drenthe. Oh dear.

Thought he looked good at The Valley last season. Could do ok for them.