Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Morrison *SIGNS NEW CONTRACT TO 2016*

Comments

• Options
    Morrison was always the one i thought most likely to stay. Hope so. Don't think he is the greatest but we already have enough continuity risks and MM could help soften that.
  • Options

Obviously a smoke-screen for secret contract negotiations with Ibiza Sociadad
  • Options
    Has he gone on holiday to Newcastle yet?
  • Options
    Reckon he will stay, knows he is first choice CB and unlikely to change, something of a fan favourite, young baby and settled in the area by now. It would have to be silly money I think to tempt him away and I can't see him being offered it - his play is pretty basic (but effective) and there are others out there offering similar attributes, whereas Dervite was more pass-minded and (I think) left footed besides which is more of a rarity and adds balance in that respect.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Reckon he will stay, knows he is first choice CB and unlikely to change, something of a fan favourite, young baby and settled in the area by now. It would have to be silly money I think to tempt him away and I can't see him being offered it - his play is pretty basic (but effective) and there are others out there offering similar attributes, whereas Dervite was more pass-minded and (I think) left footed besides which is more of a rarity and adds balance in that respect.

He lives in Newmarket now, which is a nice easy journey to Ipswich!

But according to his mate yesterday, he hasn't heard of any interest from Ipswich and is expected to sign his contract on his return to training.
  • Options
    Sky News 1507 hrs:
    Charlton Athletic's Championship rivals are considering moves for defender Michael Morrison.
    Middlesbrough and Blackpool are thought to be tracking Morrison, who is out of contract at the Valley later this month.
  • Options

Sky News 1507 hrs:
    Charlton Athletic's Championship rivals are considering moves for defender Michael Morrison.
    Middlesbrough and Blackpool are thought to be tracking Morrison, who is out of contract at the Valley later this month.

also on Skybet Championship transfer twitter, normally the post something and it happens a few days later, getting worried now

• Options

Sky News 1507 hrs:

That phrasing doesn't worry me too much, sounds like they've heard negotiations are imminent and will be keeping tabs, no more than that. I am 90% sure Morro will be here next season.
  • Options
    Riga keep off.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Sky News 1507 hrs:

That phrasing doesn't worry me too much, sounds like they've heard negotiations are imminent and will be keeping tabs, no more than that. I am 90% sure Morro will be here next season.
    Probs for Blackpool I think as there new manager has seen him play

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2014
    M'Boro have denied any interest in Morrison, which is good, however the article claims that he has turned down a new deal.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/boro-dismiss-michael-morrison-link-7280757?
  • Options
    doronron said:

thenewbie said:

Sky News 1507 hrs:

Probs for Blackpool I think as there new manager has seen him play

On the other hand, it's Blackpool. Not especially big club, not a particularly brilliant area to live, and by many accounts a bit of a clusterf*** ownership wise. I can't see them offering Morrison a whole lot more dosh than we would/will, and Morrison's role never really changed under new management, unlike the likes of Dervite or Harriot.
  • Options
    Pretty obvious that morrisons agent has had a word with the press and made some absolute shit up in order to get the best deal possible offered to Morrison.
  • Options
    He's not from Belgium - we don't want him.
  • Options

Wyn Grant is reporting that press reports today are saying that Morro has rejected offers from Ipswich, Rotherham and Wigan and will be signing a new two year contract at The Valley.

Just read that in the People, also says Chelsea and Man City, are interested in Poyet.

• Options

Wyn Grant is reporting that press reports today are saying that Morro has rejected offers from Ipswich, Rotherham and Wigan and will be signing a new two year contract at The Valley.

Just read that in the People, also says Chelsea and Man City, are interested in Poyet.

Poyet should give Jack Rodwell a call.
    Absolutely, Chelsea and Man City aren't exactly noted for giving their own youth a chance. If he was to go to a top Premiership team then Arsenal would be his best option as Wenger does give youth a chance. Still money and glamour speak and I'm sure if Chelsea came calling Poyet would jump at it. I have long reconciled myself that he would leave so am quite indifferent to it now.

• Options
    Brian said:

Absolutely, Chelsea and Man City aren't exactly noted for giving their own youth a chance. If he was to go to a top Premiership team then Arsenal would be his best option as Wenger does give youth a chance. Still money and glamour speak and I'm sure if Chelsea came calling Poyet would jump at it. I have long reconciled myself that he would leave so am quite indifferent to it now.

He would eventually get a chance at Arsenal but he'd get nowhere that team at the moment. Gnarby and Zieleman are the next midfielders to come through there. I honestly think he's better off staying with us for at least another season. It depends what motivates him though - football or money?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Delighted with this latest update if true. Morro will be great for us again - a solid defender and decent guy whenever I have had the pleasure to chat to him. Fingers crossed this is true.
  • Options

Brian said:

He would eventually get a chance at Arsenal but he'd get nowhere that team at the moment. Gnarby and Zieleman are the next midfielders to come through there. I honestly think he's better off staying with us for at least another season. It depends what motivates him though - football or money?
    To multiply a salary by four or play football. Decisions, decisions.
  • Options
    Morro staying !
  • Options

Brian said:

Do Chelsea really pay young 19 year olds with 20 championship performances 20K pw. I know salaries have increased but I am not convinced he would get much more than 10k pw at this stage in his career and we must be at least half of that.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    -
  • Options
    Someone posted that 17 year olds at Chelsea are on 10k a week. As Robbie Savage stated many years ago, it only takes one decent Premier League contract to set you up for life. Four years at £1M a year is more than the vast majority of people earn in a lifetime.
    Having seen young players never get near the first team and now Hamer warming the bench for the mighty Leicester perhaps Poyet and Morrison will stick with what they know?
    The recent signings of Buyens and Vetokele (?) might help confirm that CAFC is travelling in the right direction. And then there is Reza having a great world cup.
    These two players have the chance to be part of something quite special, particularly if we sign another two £1M + players.
  • Options

One of them is unfortunately correct
  • Options

Brian said:

Do Chelsea really pay young 19 year olds with 20 championship performances 20K pw. I know salaries have increased but I am not convinced he would get much more than 10k pw at this stage in his career and we must be at least half of that.
    I may be wrong but I thought I saw Jenkinson was on somewhere near 35k at Arsenal
  • Options
    Wasn't that after he had broken into their first team and played for England that he signed an enhanced contract though?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Great riches await Poyet - we can work that out. Going for the money now might mean he misses out financially later - if say he doesn't get the games in the next couple of years. He is too good a player to follow the money. Another season or half a season with Charlton - a team he is comfortable in and where he know he will start and the team will play to his strengths -a team were he also has enough credit to allow his form to dip. It should be a no brainer really!

if he is sold for 10 million rather than for free - he will be more likely to start. He wouldn't be a punt! His next club should be a Swansea too, not a Chelsea!