Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Argentina vs Bosnia

Looking forward to this. Will this be Messi's world cup. Should be a good game. Bosnia are no mugs.

Comments

• Options
    Have to say the Maracarna looks a superb stadium, really impressive.

Would love to sample that in a sell out/ the atmosphere there tonight will be fantastic.

As for the game can't see past the Argies but Bosnia know how to find the net and I'm not convinced with Argie's defence or keeper.
  • Options
    3-0 messi
  • Options
    Argentina are similar to us... All about Attack with a questionable Defence (Actually its the way with all the South America sides).

If Bosnia can defend well and take their chances then I reckon Dzeko could be a threat up front
  • Options
    lol! Asked for that one... When I say their similar to us I mean they dont know how to Defend (conceding nine more goals (playing six more games than us) in Qualification)... Beyond that in terms of players (attacking wise) absolutely no comparison
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    It's all about Messi. Hope he does it. Great player and already better than Maradona. He has nothing to prove.
  • Options
    I disagree, Messi needs to prove it on the world stage. This is his moment. The team is built around him. I'm not saying Argentina have to win the world cup, but Messi must shine.
  • Options
    That Argentina side doesn't look too bad on paper does it! Jeez!!!!
  • Options

I disagree, Messi needs to prove it on the world stage. This is his moment. The team is built around him. I'm not saying Argentina have to win the world cup, but Messi must shine.

I don't think winning a trophy or not changes his ability and goal scoring record as a player. If he wins it, he wins it, if he doesn't, so what. He's been proving it on the world stage for years now. The Champion's League is a much higher standard than the World Cup.
  • Options
    On 3-0, 3-1 and 3-1 Dzeko fgs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Argentina and +2.5 goals.
  • Options
    I'll go for Argentina 3+ goals with odds of 2/1 of me falling asleep.
  • Options
    Oh no, it's Lawro!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Bosnia OG. 1-0 to the Argies inside two minutes.
  • Options
    Oh dear thats sad for him.
  • Options
    Gutted for Bosnia.

Hope they get back in this.
  • Options
    Jammy surrender monkies
  • Options
    Good for me! Dzeko next goal please
  • Options
    Messi losing the ball a fair few times...
  • Options

Messi losing the ball a fair few times...

He's trying too hard... Bit like Rooney he maybe has a bit too much expectation on his shoulders (Just different levels of expectation between the two players of course)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's all about Messi. Hope he does it. Great player and already better than Maradona. He has nothing to prove.

Hmmm
    Having worked in Argentina I can safely say that at least in his home country, Messi is seen as not fit to lace Maracheaters boots. He could score 10 goals this tournament and still be Championship rather than champions league in the eyes of Los gauchos
  • Options
    He also plays a lot deeper for the Argies. Rooney syndrome.
  • Options
    Someone give Lawrenson the number for Samaritans for crying out loud.
  • Options
    HT 1-0
  • Options

Lawrenson on commentary. Lennon and Shearer in the studio. What have we done to deserve this?
  • Options
    Bosnia doing themselves proud, look the better of the two side to be honest!
  • Options
    The old Yugoslavia would have a wicked team with Bosnia, Croatia and Serbia.
  • Options
    IA said:

Lawrenson on commentary. Lennon and Shearer in the studio. What have we done to deserve this?
    Paid your TV license.
  • Options

Hmmm
    Having worked in Argentina I can safely say that at least in his home country, Messi is seen as not fit to lace Maracheaters boots. He could score 10 goals this tournament and still be Championship rather than champions league in the eyes of Los gauchos
    It's very difficult, if not impossible, to compare players across generations. The game has changed considerably. Maradona was capable of winning games on his own and did so in 1986. He also carried the Napoli team. I don't think you can say that about Messi and it's significant that he appears more impressive for Barcelona than for Argentina, but perhaps it's harder today?

I'm fortunate to have seen both Maradona and Messi live. Maradona was simply breathtaking. Messi merely outstanding.

• Options

IA said:

Paid your TV license.
    Whats a TV license?