Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Argentina vs Bosnia

Comments

• Options
    what a goal Messi
  • Options
    what a goal
  • Options
    There we go.
  • Options
    Messi is no Ronaldo. Just not consistent enough
  • Options
    in off the beans and toast.
  • Options

The old Yugoslavia would have a wicked team with Bosnia, Croatia and Serbia.

Would be very good indeed...

Begovic, Pletikosa, Ivanovic, Kolarov, Nastasic, Srna, Corluka, Lovren, Tosic, Matic, Lazovic, Perisic, Rakitic, Modric, Kovacic, Pjanic, Misimovic, Lulic, Zverotic, Jelavic, Mandzukic, Olic, Eduardo, Ibisevic, Dzeko, Jovetic, Vucinic, Pandev

Scary.
    racist
  • Options

The old Yugoslavia would have a wicked team with Bosnia, Croatia and Serbia.

Would be very good indeed...

Begovic, Pletikosa, Ivanovic, Kolarov, Nastasic, Srna, Corluka, Lovren, Tosic, Matic, Lazovic, Perisic, Rakitic, Modric, Kovacic, Pjanic, Misimovic, Lulic, Zverotic, Jelavic, Mandzukic, Olic, Eduardo, Ibisevic, Dzeko, Jovetic, Vucinic, Pandev

Scary.
    wouldn't be much room on the pitch with that lot playing together.
  • Options
    So this commentator has gone from saying argentina are crap to they look like a proper football team?

Someone take him down to southend and lob him of the pier.
  • Options
    MSE7 said:

So this commentator has gone from saying argentina are crap to they look like a proper football team?

Someone take him down to southend and lob him of the pier.

Got him a ticket in A block next season with a loud speaker.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We only take Jeremy Kyle rejects in A Block
  • Options
    uh oh uh oh uh oh ?????
  • Options
    Bosnia get one back! 2-1 with 6 minutes plus added time to play.
  • Options
    FT 2-1
  • Options
    Not a great game but worth watching for that bit of magic from Messi.
  • Options
    Shows how the slightest bit of luck can make a huge difference. An oggy the defender could do nothing about and the (very slight) deflection on the Messi goal that took the ball onto the inside of the post, rather than hitting it full on. These moments of fortune can turn a potentially disasterous tournament into being crowned world champions.

When is it our bloody turn?........................
  • Options
    edited June 2014

It's all about Messi. Hope he does it. Great player and already better than Maradona. He has nothing to prove.

Hmmm
    Having worked in Argentina I can safely say that at least in his home country, Messi is seen as not fit to lace Maracheaters boots. He could score 10 goals this tournament and still be Championship rather than champions league in the eyes of Los gauchos
    It's very difficult, if not impossible, to compare players across generations. The game has changed considerably. Maradona was capable of winning games on his own and did so in 1986. He also carried the Napoli team. I don't think you can say that about Messi and it's significant that he appears more impressive for Barcelona than for Argentina, but perhaps it's harder today?

I'm fortunate to have seen both Maradona and Messi live. Maradona was simply breathtaking. Messi merely outstanding.

But Mess is doing it drug free..............
  • Options

Messi is no Ronaldo. Just not consistent enough

.......What?
  • Options

It's all about Messi. Hope he does it. Great player and already better than Maradona. He has nothing to prove.

Hmmm
    Having worked in Argentina I can safely say that at least in his home country, Messi is seen as not fit to lace Maracheaters boots. He could score 10 goals this tournament and still be Championship rather than champions league in the eyes of Los gauchos
    It's very difficult, if not impossible, to compare players across generations. The game has changed considerably. Maradona was capable of winning games on his own and did so in 1986. He also carried the Napoli team. I don't think you can say that about Messi and it's significant that he appears more impressive for Barcelona than for Argentina, but perhaps it's harder today?

I'm fortunate to have seen both Maradona and Messi live. Maradona was simply breathtaking. Messi merely outstanding.

Totally agree Munds old boy.
    Except it's certainly not difficult for followers of the albicelestes!
    The Argentitnians slip the comparison into every football conversation in taxis, bars and vinyards!
  • Options

Hmmm

But Mess is doing it drug free..............
    Those growth hormones beg to differ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ronaldo turns up in almost every game - He always stands out. Messi on the other hand is slightly more prone to having non-existant games. Don't get me wrong, Messi is one of the greatest players to have ever played but Ronaldo for me is slightly ahead of him.
  • Options
    Ronaldo has done it consistently in two different leagues.. Messi has done it in one, that, IMO is why Ronaldo is the best in the world
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Why does that make Ronaldo the best? Messi has proved himself against Madrid among others in Spain, as well as the top clubs in Europe. Why does he have to prove himself against West Ham, Stoke or Burnley??
  • Options
    Chalk and cheese players.
    Ronaldo is a glamour boy, Messi is more of a team player.
    I get the feeling Messi would improve any team more than Ronaldo.
  • Options

Why does that make Ronaldo the best? Messi has proved himself against Madrid among others in Spain, as well as the top clubs in Europe. Why does he have to prove himself against West Ham, Stoke or Burnley??

Exactly what I keep saying to my brother, plus Messi has shown loyalty to Barca and not moved
  • Options

Ronaldo has done it consistently in two different leagues.. Messi has done it in one, that, IMO is why Ronaldo is the best in the world

So you actually mean he is more of a mercenary?
  • Options
    Ronaldo has been at Messi's level in a lesser team.

Both incredible players, but Ronaldo is more likely to create something from nothing and i'd prefer him on my team.
  • Options
    No, he's proved himself at different levels, consistantly. Messi only in Spanish league. Ronaldo in England and Spain. Both good players, but for me Ronaldo is the best
  • Options
    I just don't get the different levels argument. Messi proved himself at the.highest level from the start.

He proves as much dropping down to the Kent league as he does to a United/City IMO.
  • Options
    He's proved himself as a quality striker, but alongside the best midfield in the world he did get a massive helping hand...