Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackpool

Comments

• Options
    That is shocking!
  • Options
    Jesus, what a basket case
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    If that is how it looks now, I think it proves their owner don't care and is not willing to spend any money on the cub

that is appalling to be in that condition before the season starts
  • Options

Rothko said:
    Christ, have we become the byword for crap pitches? Cheers TJ
    At least we have goals!
  • Options
    bloody hell... reminds me of the glikstens the way that clubs being run, can see the same thing happening to blackpool as what happened to us in the 80's
  • Options
    to be fair, they haven't long reseeded it as they had Rod Stewart playing there a couple of weeks ago.

the interesting thing is that if you go back one year you will see pictures of a pitch that looked remarkably like ours this year, and a whole load of stuff about how they are investing for future, with new substrate, soil, sand, grass.

Notice the slightly worn 3G border in this picture. that will be us next year.
  • Options
    just seen on twitter they now have 6 players!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just listening to H & J who contacted Oysten to ask about the 8 players and he told them its not true he only has 6!
  • Options
    pre season training must be fun for those 6...
  • Options
    I think he'll be ok if he stays there, who would blame him for getting the boot when he only had a bare 11.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Rothko said:
    Christ, have we become the byword for crap pitches? Cheers TJ
    At least we have goals!
    At least they can't concede if they don't!
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Part of Riga's Cogni training is to include Rush Goalkeeper going forward...

And unless they're under Contract (which they must be) wonder if they feel like the kids in PE who always get left till last cos no one else wants them before being picked by teams
  • Options
    Perhaps we can loan them some players... For a price?!
  • Options
    Decent 5 a side team that
  • Options

Part of Riga's Cogni training is to include Rush Goalkeeper going forward...
    There's a very successful kids academy in Eastbourne that play without keepers
  • Options
    They have a friendly booked for Saturday.
  • Options
    Joshuk87 said:

Yeah its at their local Goals against Dog and Duck
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Joshuk87 said:

Riga might have to get the gloves on then.

Dont even think they have a tea lady!
  • Options
    Cancelled their pre season tour of spain
  • Options
    "july 15: Blackpool have cancelled their pre-season tour to Spain because they have just eight players available."
    poor jose, poor fans, goes from bad to worse for the seasiders...
  • Options
    Poor fans. Have to not only live oop norf, but have to live in Blackpool. Life without electricity. And come Saturday they have to put on a big bright orange tshirt. Life can be cruel.
  • Options
    This is actually really sad. Feel for the fans.

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Also this matt godson fellow needs to put a T-shirt on. Cringe.
  • Options
    Did the Board spend anything on the infrastructure of the club from the PL money? Ground/Academy improvements etc?

Playing devils advocate you could say they took the PL as an opportunity to pay back the money they put into the club over 15 years of ownership and how can you begrudge that, they are now looking to break even and in this crazy world of football that is near on impossible to do without losing your squad over the summer.

Feel for the fans though, they really have experienced the highs and lows of the game in recent years.

I remember my days of playing Sunday League and first few training sessions of the season would only ever see 6-8 people turn up, fitness aside, training was somewhat of a waste of time! How they attract any decent players at this stage is beyond me.
  • Options
    Isn't this their first season with no parachute payments?

I suspect they have had to make some significant cuts this summer. Do feel for Riga though, on balance I think I still would have preferred him to stay at the Valley.
  • Options
    I feel for Riga too. Wish he was still our head coach.