Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackpool

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Game v Hudds recorded as a 0-0. Not sure how that makes sense, but that's football, as Saint used to say.
  • Options
    have they given Blackpool the point ?
  • Options

So if we need a point to stay up or go up last game of next season we just need to invade the pitch at 0 - 0.

The FL really need to think about the ruling and not set a precedent.

I think a case like this has to be judged on its merits. They probably awarded the draw as the fair result, since it was already a draw and Hudders had nothing to play for. I imagine the FL wanted to cause as little controversy as possible.

The real punishment is the fine being levied on Blackpool and Hudders are getting compensation as well. Personally if we had a nothing game abandoned, I'd rather get my money back as well as the club getting money back instead of 2 meaningless points.

Personally I think it's probably the best decision they were going to make in light of everything. I imagine if it was a relegation or promotion decider or mid-season, a replay would have been ordered in addition to the fine.
  • Options
    Now that would be spiteful and not at all reflective of our owners. At all. Never.