Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BBC/ITV

With both channels showing the World Cup Final tomorrow, who will win the viewing figures.

What channel will people on here be watching on?
For me its BBC

Comments

• BBC for me too.
  • BBC will get more viewers simply because there will be no ad breaks.
  • BBC. You can switch and get radio commentary if the tv commentators are annoying.

Don't like Andy Townesend constantly pointing out the obvious as though he is making some great insightful comment.
  • BBC for me every day.
  • BBC will get more viewers simply because there will be no ad breaks.

Yep.

• Another BBC, I can't stand football on itv, the commentary is unbearable and they keep losing the HD picture.
  • BBC so that:

a) No ad breaks
    b) Quality HD picture
    c) I don't have to put up with that annoying tw*t Adrian Chiles
  • Ha ha, where have all the Beeb haters gone? The bottom line is that are far better than commercial tv.
  • Sponsored links:

• BBC every day of the week.
  • Not having a TV I shall probably go to my local pub to watch the game, not sure what to expect in terms of commentary.
  • No contest - BBC all day long.
  • Badger said:

Not having a TV I shall probably go to my local pub to watch the game, not sure what to expect in terms of commentary.

Do you really not have a tv? Is this by choice?
  • Does anyone like Adrian Chiles?
    Or Andy Townsend?

BBC every day of the week.
  • Much prefer ITV.
    Can't stand Gary Linekar and his terrible script reading.
    Ads are a blessing as can hit the fridge.
  • Historically it was always the BBC, hands down. It still seems like that.

Over here in the States it's on ABC. Steve McManaman doing play by play. I like him. Says it as it is.
  • Sponsored links:

• No ads, no Chiles, no Townsend, no contest...............
  • Does anyone know the bbc commentary team for tonight?
  • vffvff
    edited July 2014

Much prefer ITV.
    Can't stand Gary Linekar and his terrible script reading.
    Ads are a blessing as can hit the fridge.

It is a fair point to make. Less of the inane pundits at half time is one of the plus points of ITV coverage. The ads do give some initiative to break away from the TV for a few minutes and get up and walk about.

Townsend for me is annoying as a co commentator and for the game there is more choices on the BBC commentary. As long as you get up and walk about at half time then its still BBC for me.
  • BBC. One word - Tyldesley!
  • BBC - but they have got to be careful not to switch us off by employing useless two is like Phil Neville. He is totally without personality and has a face for radio! His appalling England commentary is now legendary.
  • Two is = Twonks
  • meldrew66 said:

BBC - but they have got to be careful not to switch us off by employing useless two is like Phil Neville. He is totally without personality and has a face for radio! His appalling England commentary is now legendary.

There is the switch to the radio 5 commentary if Phil Neville is on particularly poor form.
  • BBC ....the Alan Hanson doc Friday night put me to sleep.

It's BBC for me, which is unconditional for some reason. You feel more at home watching via the beeb. Gary lineker is only one of few I like on there.

Sherear is biggest hypocrite of the century when he talks about dirty play.
  • edited July 2014
    Dave2l said:

Sherear is biggest hypocrite of the century when he talks about dirty play.

Savage too..?

Still go for BBC - no adverts and just traditional!

Its Mark Lawrenson doing the co-commentary.

Hope he's cheered up a bit...
  • Don't they do research to find out that 80% of viewers can't stand Townsend or lawrensons commentary?