Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BBC/ITV

Comments

• Options
    No contest has to be the Beeb everyday of the week....ITV football coverage is crap....too many ad breaks, Chiles, Townsend kinda sums it up for me.......Never watch ITV for anything......shite programs all day long!!!
  • Options
    beeeeb
  • Options
    Not too worried about the ads. Can't stand Chiles. But. If Townsend was on the Beeb, I'd watch ITV. Can't stand the bloke. Absolute plank. BBC for me.
  • Options
    beeeeeb
  • Options
    Badger said:

Not having a TV I shall probably go to my local pub to watch the game, not sure what to expect in terms of commentary.

You don't have a TV? What's all your furniture pointed at then?
  • Options
    Any channel that doesn't have Andy Townsend on it
  • Options
    BBC
  • Options
    no-one to follow since the quarters, no tv either...make a lush smoothie, take the dogs for a walk in the sunshine with the girlfriend...footie? - cannot wait for our "final" at brentford!!!
  • Options
    BBC - no ads (especially no bloody Ray Winstone !! ) and no Adrian Chiles. I was hoping that Shearer would be subbed on BBC for someone more interesting like Clarence Seedorf but, alas, he's still there with Hansen and Rio Ferdinand (who's been pretty good for a newcomer). At least that idiot Savage is being confined to the radio
  • Options
    BBC.

tyldesley & Townsend are pony. ITV are world class at getting it wrong.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You should check out the Andy Townsend rap.
  • Options
    Itv ruin everything they touch, apart from the odd decent drama. There football coverage is always obvious and lacking in class.
  • Options
    [bookmarks thread for next time someone brings up the 'get rid of the license fee' debate]
  • Options
    BBC for me although have to agree with Beds that Lawrenson is getting on my you-know-whats.
  • Options

BBC so that:

a) No ad breaks
    b) Quality HD picture

c) I don't have to put up with that annoying tw*t Adrian Chiles

You can't guarantee that ITV won't miss the goal for an ill-timed ad break. For that reason alone I would never, ever choose itv. And there's half a dozen other reasons on top. Chiles's bumbling stuttering, pathetic attempt at an apology for that colossal screw up puts him at the centre of my disgust.

I get that some might dislike particular pundits, but I genuinely cannot fathom why anyone would choose itv over anyone else.
  • Options
    wtf is up with these suits. Shearers picked up the wrong jacket.
  • Options
    Rio was on his way to the B&Q Christmas party.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Personally I really cant stand Clive Tyldesley and his interesting little facts.
  • Options

Much prefer ITV.
    Can't stand Gary Linekar and his terrible script reading.
    Ads are a blessing as can hit the fridge.

You look like you're pretty much on your own there Absurdistan (although I agree about the fridge breaks). You're not Michael Grade are you? ;-)
  • Options
    BBC but cant they please ditch Lawro. Was impressed by Ferninand, spoke well and with a lot of sense.
  • Options
    Lawrenson was such a pratt trying to be funny and cutting with everything he said, a complete twat
    Rio was decent

bbc's coverage did the "GOAL" and "1-0" Argentina for Higuains offside goal , just like when Sterling didn't score against Italy.
    This one it was ok because I could here the commentators who were saying no goal offside , don't know what they were saying while I was celebrating Sterlings non goal
    Did ITV have the same problem last night ?????
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Lawrenson was such a pratt trying to be funny and cutting with everything he said, a complete twat
    Rio was decent

bbc's coverage did the "GOAL" and "1-0" Argentina for Higuains offside goal , just like when Sterling didn't score against Italy.
    This one it was ok because I could here the commentators who were saying no goal offside , don't know what they were saying while I was celebrating Sterlings non goal
    Did ITV have the same problem last night ?????

No, Townsend was surprisingly on it straight away and I didn't see the score updated. I watched BBC until I got bored of Lawrenson as well. He sounded like he was drunk.

• Options
    BBC really should bin Lawrenson now. His crap 'jokes' and analysis of the bleeding obvious are enough to make me throw things at the tele. He hasn't played in 20 years, the new batch of recently retired players like Gary Neville, Clark Carlisle etc give a lot more insight into the modern game than the current tired old gits.

The Alan Hansen love-in was pretty vomit-inducing but at least he has the sense to know when to go!
  • Options
    Missed It said:

BBC really should bin Lawrenson now. His crap 'jokes' and analysis of the bleeding obvious are enough to make me throw things at the tele. He hasn't played in 20 years, the new batch of recently retired players like Gary Neville, Clark Carlisle etc give a lot more insight into the modern game than the current tired old gits.

The Alan Hansen love-in was pretty vomit-inducing but at least he has the sense to know when to go!

Indeed.

If they are getting rid of Hanson surely lawrenson is part of the package that goes aswell?

Utterly pointless having him involved now.

Welcome the fresh batch.
  • Options
    When watching the games on BBC I listend to the radio 5 commentary at the same time, shame could not do it with ITV games.
  • Options
    I got so hacked with Lawerenson that I turned over to ITV. ('Look at him. How many times did he roll over?' Then he actually counted the times the player rolled over: 'One... two...three...four. That's four times.') He was winding me up so much that I honestly preferred Andy Townshend.