Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options

Good to here chaps, tomorrow I literally have nothing on, think ryan Moore could have a good day. Skybet also tweaked there offer for the 1st race horse must finish 2nd or 3rd to get money back, must of taken a hiding today, Churchill stopped me from bagging 378 off a 5er little sod

Just spotted that. Was expecting it to be money back if beaten in the first all week as per Cheltenham.

2.30 looks an absolute pig tomorrow too - anyone of about a dozen could win it
  • Options
    Wednesday

3.05 Happy Like a Fool is a near certainty - lucky enough to have backed it at 3/1 last week but still worth backing at 5/4. Will win.

3.40 Laugh Aloud - if she reproduces the Epsom form she'll win on the bridle.

4.20 Jack Hobbs - I expect to run very well.

The first one is the banker though.
  • Options
    gone for;

2.30 daban ew/le brivito
    3.05 hlaf
    3.40 pirouette ew
    4.20 jack hobbs
    5.00 gk chesterton ew
    5.30 present tense ew
  • Options
    2.30 Le Brivido
    3.05 Happy Like a Fool
    4.20 Jack Hobbs
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

2.30 Le Brivido
    3.05 Happy Like a Fool
    4.20 Jack Hobbs

I concur, they are my three today - especially now Laugh Aloud is a non-runner.
  • Options
    Dissapointed that laugh aloud isn't running. Looked very good at Epsom
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

She was awesome at Epsom. I can only assume the reason for pulling her out is the going.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

cafc4life said:

She was awesome at Epsom. I can only assume the reason for pulling her out is the going.
    i was told this morning that she had picked up a slight injury and would not run
  • Options
    Heat in the leg is the reason LA doesn't run.
    I'm with smiffy on his 3, also chucking in Qemah who I expect to get back to winning ways
  • Options
    Le Brivido is the one to be on in the first, but at bigger prices both Glastonbury Song and Solomon's Bay look decent

In the 2nd lay a short price favourite like that all day. Mrs Gallagher, Neola and Chica La Habana all look like better e/w selections

Qemah in the 3rd all day long, Greta G will be super interesting. Fun outsider is Aljazzi (maybe a bit too jazzy for some though)

Mekhtaal's a bit too short now but yeah, this writeup isn't too bad. Go Jack Hobbs though defo

5pm - Tabarrak is a great shout at that price; Fastnet Tempest and George William (if he gets a good break) worth it too

5.35 - god knows, I like On Her Toes and Tisbutadream

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dream Castle e/w in the first
  • Options
    2.30 - Daban.
    3.05 - Happy Like a Fool
    4.20 - Jack Hobbs
    5.35 - Really Special.
  • Options
    Le Brivido
    Happy Like A Fool
    Qemah
    Jack Hobbs
    Gymnaste
  • Options
    Le Brivido gets the job done,
  • Options
    Seems like the stand side is where to be.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    happy like a fool making the bookies there money back there.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Le Brivido is the one to be on in the first, but at bigger prices both Glastonbury Song and Solomon's Bay look decent

In the 2nd lay a short price favourite like that all day. Mrs Gallagher, Neola and Chica La Habana all look like better e/w selections

Qemah in the 3rd all day long, Greta G will be super interesting. Fun outsider is Aljazzi (maybe a bit too jazzy for some though)

Mekhtaal's a bit too short now but yeah, this writeup isn't too bad. Go Jack Hobbs though defo

5pm - Tabarrak is a great shout at that price; Fastnet Tempest and George William (if he gets a good break) worth it too

Paddy's smashing it.
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

Paddy's smashing it.
    Well, it's either class or filth - Le Brivido was good while the other two were 16th and last; laying Happy Like A Fool was good but the e/w picks weren't; and I'm amazed at the third with a solid winner and 2nd!
  • Options
    thought Buick left it too late there.
  • Options
    Please refer back to

"Well, it's either class or filth"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blimey
  • Options
    Ok, my Thursday Ascot hopes are:
    2.30 Mcerin and Havana Grey
    3.05 Mirage Dancer and Benbatl
    3.40 Mori
    4.20 Sheikhzeroad
    5.00 Afaak and Son of Stars
    5.35 Mister Manduro and Master Singer

I couldn't make my mind up on four of these races so have gone for both, each way, with the hope of avoiding picking the wrong one! We'll see!
  • Options
    just seen the weather forecast for saturday FUCKKKKK!!.

gone for;

2.30 santry
    3.05 irishcorrespondant
    3.40 astronomys choice ew
    4.20 order of st george/sheikhzeroad ew
    5.00 ronald r ew
    5.35 utah ew
  • Options

gone for;

2.30 santry
    3.05 irishcorrespondant
    5.00 ronald r ew
    5.35 utah ew

Was praying for the weather to stay the same for Saturday. Think it may kill my bets on Limato
  • Options
    Cafc95 said:

gone for;

2.30 santry
    3.05 irishcorrespondant
    5.00 ronald r ew
    5.35 utah ew

Was praying for the weather to stay the same for Saturday. Think it may kill my bets on Limato
    was praying for it so i could have a good day out on the piss, hopefully just showers.
  • Options

Cafc95 said:

gone for;

2.30 santry
    3.05 irishcorrespondant
    5.00 ronald r ew
    5.35 utah ew

was praying for it so i could have a good day out on the piss, hopefully just showers.
    The BBC Weather forecast looks pretty good for Ascot on Saturday. Not that they are always correct, of course.
  • Options
    Such a difficult day to untangle!

The pick-and-mix bag follows. I recommend somehow spreading 15pts across this. (Probably something like 1pt win on the nose, but 1.5pts on Big Orange; 0.5pts e/w on the Each Ways, 1.5pts total on the Lucky 15 so 0.1pt essentially per bet within it)

Don't think 15pts is too much to spread across a card on a day like today, though.

On the nose:

1st - It Dont Come Easy, 1pt
    2nd - Benbatl and Bag of Poets, 1pt each
    3rd - Naughty Or Nice, 1pt
    4th - Big Orange (nap), 1.5pts
    5th - Keyser Soze, 1pt
    6th - n/a (hence two recommendations in the second)

Each ways:

1st - Sioux Nation, 0.5pts ew
    2nd - Mucho Applause, 0.5pts ew
    3rd - Gracious Diana, 0.5pts ew
    4th - Sweet Selection, 0.5pts ew
    5th - Afaak and Sabador, 0.5pts ew each
    6th - Drochaid, 0.5pts ew

Lucky 15:

Mcerin, Benbatl, Mori, Order of St George, 1.5pts total (0.1pt per bet)
  • Options
    Irishcorrespondent & Alluringly for me today
  • Options
    Tough day today.

(muhahaha!!)