Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• bobmunro said:

Cafc95 said:

bobmunro said:

Curb_It said:

I'm off to Epsom tomorrow. Any good tips anyone wants to share with me?

Laugh Aloud in the 2.35 is as near to a dead cert as you can get.

Eminent in The Derby.

(but hey what do I know - I bought Bob's Boy!!)
    How comes you fancy Eminent? Looked miles off in the guineas I thought
    Didn't have the best of runs, struck into then hampered so couldn't get a clear run - only beaten 3l by what is now a dual Guineas winner. Definitely needs further and will come on for the Guineas run. Gosden in red hot form.
    Eminent trained by Martyn Meade. Gosden 's main runner should be Cracksman .
    Yes of course.
  • what a complete tool Matt Chapman is , his master of ceremonies act for the presentation of the oaks was truely emabarassing, introducing John Gosden as Johnny G was pretty poor to say the least.
  • I really, really fancy Salouen to place, looks massively mispriced at 66/1... 4 places with SkyBet
  • CAFCsayer said:

I really, really fancy Salouen to place, looks massively mispriced at 66/1... 4 places with SkyBet

Skybet is 5 places now and salouen 40/1
  • edited June 2017

CAFCsayer said:

I really, really fancy Salouen to place, looks massively mispriced at 66/1... 4 places with SkyBet

Skybet is 5 places now and salouen 40/1
    Already placed the bet, will iget 4 or 5?
  • Mass ejaculation in the bedrooms of Croydon.
  • Wanks of Eagles.
  • Good luck if you backed that, couldn't see it winning myself. I did Permian and Best Solution.
  • I did Permian, never got in the race very disappointing.
  • The missus has just got back her and her mates do a ladies only charity do for helptheheroes each year, they lumped on soldierinaction good on em at 12's
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2017
    just booked flights and accomodation for this, a weekend of the guiness and some decent racing.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/news/champions-weekend-for-jumps-planned-at-leopardstown/289454?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Thursday News&utm_content=jumps weekend

for anyone interested 7.10pm out of gatwick on the friday and the 4.55pm back on the sunday was £56.00 all in not bad, know the city pretty well so got a central hotel for £85.00 will likely do this instead of usual trip to kempton over the xmas period.
  • skybet 1st race money back if you lose for whole of ascot. pretty decent.

lady aurelia and thomas hobson double ive got on for tommorow.
  • Who are people backing in the St.James Stakes then? Churchill or Barney Roy?
  • Barney Roy. Newmarket clearly didn't suit him.
  • Barney Roy to get revenge.
  • frankie detori misses day 1 due to arm injury, fuck knows who wesley ward will use as his jockey.
  • Cafc95 said:

Who are people backing in the St.James Stakes then? Churchill or Barney Roy?

Lancaster Bomber E/W @ 28/1
  • edit frankie detori out for the week, shame that as i like seeing him race and going on saturday
  • edit frankie detori out for the week, shame that as i like seeing him race and going on saturday

That's a real shame - Dettori is so much part of Ascot and he will miss some cracking rides over the 5 days.
    'It's an ill wind....' though, so 1 or 2 jocks will be major beneficiaries of his misfortune.

Would love to see Barney Roy get revenge over Churchill today and I will be backing him to do so.

• edited June 2017

edit frankie detori out for the week, shame that as i like seeing him race and going on saturday

That's a real shame - Dettori is so much part of Ascot and he will miss some cracking rides over the 5 days.
    'It's an ill wind....' though, so 1 or 2 jocks will be major beneficiaries of his misfortune.

Would love to see Barney Roy get revenge over Churchill today and I will be backing him to do so.

If you remove the others from the argument and accept that it's a two horse race then my odds are something like 4/5 Churchill, 11/10 Barney Roy.

So I wouldn't back Churchill at 4/6 and I would (and will) back Barney Roy at 9/4.

I would also lay Ribchester at Evens all day long!
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:

edit frankie detori out for the week, shame that as i like seeing him race and going on saturday

If you remove the others from the argument and accept that it's a two horse race then my odds are something like 4/5 Churchill, 11/10 Barney Roy.

So I wouldn't back Churchill at 4/6 and I would (and will) back Barney Roy at 9/4.

I would also lay Ribchester at Evens all day long!
    I agree. Barney Roy at 5/2 is my idea of the value. Mind you, I am the worst judge in the world.

Even at that price, I'm not sure my cojones are big enough to lay Ribchester !

• Agree with all. I think if Barney Roy avoids getting boxed in by O'Brien horses he will get revenge today.
  • I'm with you bob, i'm laying Ribchester, bad draw and I think he needs cut to be at his best. Plenty of fair chances in the race too.
    I'm against Barney Roy, think Churchill is the banker. Surprising that I'm the only one that thinks this on here atm!
  • Ribchester and churchill double, lady Auralia and think Arawak may be the surprise horse in the coventry.
  • Ribchester, Brother Bear & Signs Of Blessing for me
  • Murillo in the 3:05
  • smiffyboy said:

Ribchester and churchill double, lady Auralia and think Arawak may be the surprise horse in the coventry.

I hope you're wrong on the first three - purely for the sake of my bonus you understand ;-)
  • bobmunro said:

smiffyboy said:

Ribchester and churchill double, lady Auralia and think Arawak may be the surprise horse in the coventry.

I hope you're wrong on the first three - purely for the sake of my bonus you understand ;-)
    Hahahaha, Bob that bonus is looking in danger my friend
  • E/W on Miss Temple City in the first 25s
    Murillo in the Coventry at 7s

Got Churchill teamed up with Caravaggio and Winter in a treble for the week
  • Backed Mutakayyef each-way at 7/1 in the first.