Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    Bob's Boy declared for Wetherby (2.00pm) tomorrow.

From Greatrex - Bob’s Boy has been very good since having a short break and I would hope he puts in a good performance tomorrow at Wetherby.

I would be keen for him to continue over the next couple of months, either over hurdles or on the flat.

Has a decent chance tomorrow but wouldn't recommend a maximum bet!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

From Greatrex - Bob’s Boy has been very good since having a short break and I would hope he puts in a good performance tomorrow at Wetherby.

I would be keen for him to continue over the next couple of months, either over hurdles or on the flat.

Donkey.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Donkey.
    I'm sure that it will pop in when you least expect it to. Might have to be a low grade handicap or seller to do so but at least it does have some sort of engine.

Perhaps asking Tinkler to hold it up more rather than being in the front rank all the way round might help. It is a bit of a free going sort but anything that can be conserved at the end might help.

If it's going to try and make all then I would suggest taking it to Fakenham or Bangor on quick ground and adopt those "catch me if you can" tactics.

All isn't lost.
  • Options
    Going to Brighton on Saturday, just checked the runners.

Second race 17.05 No 1 is Katrine and No 2 is Little Miss Daisy.

Dilemma, do I back them both or maybe a reversed forecast or maybe leave well alone?
  • Options

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Donkey.
    I'm sure that it will pop in when you least expect it to. Might have to be a low grade handicap or seller to do so but at least it does have some sort of engine.

Perhaps asking Tinkler to hold it up more rather than being in the front rank all the way round might help. It is a bit of a free going sort but anything that can be conserved at the end might help.

If it's going to try and make all then I would suggest taking it to Fakenham or Bangor on quick ground and adopt those "catch me if you can" tactics.

All isn't lost.
    His hurdle handicap mark should drop after today - so perhaps a class 6 beckons!!

I personally would like to see him back on the flat - mile and a half or thereabouts. I'm still not convinced he gets 2 miles.
  • Options
    His only win was on good/firm so he may improve in the summer on this going .
    He was beaten quite quickly today but he hadn't run for two months so may have needed the race .
  • Options
    We went to Chelmsford today. What a strange little race track.

It was ok, but we won't be rushing back, despite being up on the day.
  • Options
    Anyone off to Lingfield tomorrow for AW finals day? Should be a good meeting
  • Options
    Fletchers Flyer for the Irish national on Monday
  • Options
    Irish National is a joke. 46% of the runners owned by Gigginstown.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Irish National is a joke. 46% of the runners owned by Gigginstown.

That will be because Phil Smith isn't handicapper.
  • Options
    Peanuts, Peanuts, Peanuts.
  • Options
    Paddy Power & Sky are paying 1/5 to 6 places.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Hmm, not sure if there's been a jockey change or I just screwed up but a 7lb claimer on board and ticking all other boxes (won a 3m PTP), I've added TELL US MORE at 100/1 to my team.

Sorry folks - I guess law of averages said I had to have one of O'Leary's brigade (pink cap)

ádh mór
  • Options

Hmm, not sure if there's been a jockey change or I just screwed up but a 7lb claimer on board and ticking all other boxes (won a 3m PTP), I've added TELL US MORE at 100/1 to my team.

Sorry folks - I guess law of averages said I had to have one of O'Leary's brigade (pink cap)

ádh mór

Non runner according to skybet.
  • Options
    Got to do Raz De Maree after it was brought down in the GN.
  • Options

ádh mór

Non runner according to skybet.
    Baie Des Iles out as well.
  • Options

Got to do Raz De Maree after it was brought down in the GN.

Best of luck AA, you old trend-crusher.
    Brown Lad (Fairyhouse's Red Rum, so to speak) in 1978 was the last winner older than 11 and none has even finished within 5L of a winner this century.
    Really disappointed for RdM last week. The ground wasn't in his favour but he got unusually het up before the off - Lord Windermere's farting about and the false start didn't help. Can't help feel it played a part in his UR, as Cause of Causes seemed to have had the harder job to dodge the faller at Bechers ahead of RdM, who then gave the jock no chance swerving to the left.
    Would love it if the old boy came home in front today but, if the age trend's to be smashed, I fancy Bless The Wings is the one on this ground. He'd have certainly been on my GN ticket if he'd have lined up and looks inviting with only 10.02 - but 14/1 is less so.
    In any event, I shall stick with the stats and my remaining 2.
    All the best.
  • Options
    My 2 both taking a buddhist, zen-like approach.
    Poor old Raz de Maree - saddle slipped early.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2017
    OUR DUKE - most weight carried to win since Commanche Court in 2000
    BLESS THE WINGS - 2nd again, great run
    ABOLITIONIST - looked like might get there but winner too good and mistake at the last cost him 2nd
    THUNDER & ROSES

Oh well, breakeven.
    Nice one Jessica & Robbie....again!
  • Options

My 2 both taking a buddhist, zen-like approach.
    Poor old Raz de Maree - saddle slipped early.

Unseated when impeded then saddle slips. They're just trying to get a price on it next time!
  • Options
    I saw it on the front page of the RP and almost choked on my cornflakes in delight.

Wonder if he'll look back and think how great it was to placed in all those Grand Nationals - or wishing that he had ridden them to win.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Hoots mon, it’s the Scottish marathon tomorrow at 3.55 - going currently Good to Soft.
    I have an abysmal record in this but I shall give it a lash as usual.
    A quick and dirty stat-elimination, based on the winners and near-missers <4L last 16 runnings (all on GS~GF):

1. WEIGHT
    Line through those with insufficient credentials to carry their allotted weight:
    • all top 7
    • Straidnahanna
    • Lessons In Milan
    • Another Hero

2. AGE
    Line through 12 y-o+ and those <8 or 11 without right credentials:
    • Premier Bond
    • Benbens
    • Al Co
    • Vintage Clouds
    • Sugar Baron
    • Portrait King (sorry old fella – please prove me wrong)
    • Alvarado
    • Man With Van

3. INEXPERIENCE
    Line through:
    • Battle Of Shiloh

4. JUMPING CONCERNS
    Line through:
    • Henry Parri Morgan
    • Firebird Flyer
    • Cogry

5. LACK OF QUALITY
    Line through:
    • Dawson City
    • Father Edward

6. TOO FEW RUNS IN SEASON
    Line through:
    • Trustan Times

7. TOO LONG SINCE LAST RUN
    Line through:
    • Shotgun Paddy
    • Gone Too Far
    • Full Jack (reserve)

LEAVES:

• SOUTHFIELD ROYALE 10/1
    • DANCING SHADOW 33/1
    • BLAKEMOUNT 50/1

I shall be backing all 3 (probably win only for Southfield Royale) but - subjective view – I seriously like BLAKEMOUNT’s pedigree (should relish the decent going – Presenting his sire, Supreme Leader the dam sire) and profile for this.
    Never fallen or failed to complete in 17 starts under rules. Just 6L behind One For Arthur at level weights at 3m as a novice chaser. Saw off last year’s Warwick National winner Russe Blanc in Feb over a testing 26f before running well but not quite getting home in the recent Midlands National under 11.04 on Soft. Should handle the trip better (1.5f shorter) on a sounder ground with 10.12 (2lbs lower mark).
    Famous last words but 50/1 looks screaming each-way value IMHO.

Edit: Only Bob's mob still offering 50s for Blakemount
  • Options
    In Peanuts we trust. Legend.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    meldrew66 said:

In Peanuts we trust. Legend.

Cheers meldrew, though the proof of the pudding is in the eating, as they say, and my previous Scottish desserts have proved thoroughly indigestible. Always need luck on your side in a National but I'm hopeful for a couple of today's offerings.
    Blakemount is top price 33s this morning - couldn't resist a second bite of 50s last night ;0)
    As always, main wish is that all 2 and 4-legged participants return safe and sound.
    Here's tae ye!
  • Options
    Peanuts nice work.

Got top 6 with SkyBet.
  • Options
    Sorry folks, looked good for a long way but only 6th.
    Great back-to-back win for Vicente with a big weight.
    Curtain comes down on another set of spring Nationals. See ya next time.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Peanuts nice work.

Got top 6 with SkyBet.

LOL. Nice one Gary. I got greedy and Bob's mob done me with just 5 places. C'est la vie.