Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    Peanuts - I had £10 ew on Blakemount as per your tip PLUS I jumped on Vicente at the off so £110 and £50 return. Thanks buddy. Legend status is intact.
  • Options
    ....got Blakemount at 50-1 too!
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:

Bugger me, am I the only sucker that didn't go for 6 places? What a plonker!
    Nice one meldrew. Great move on Vicente too. Enjoy!
  • Options

meldrew66 said:

No!
    Paddy power were offering 6 places but app was playing up this morning.
    Weren't sure if I'd have time later so went to bet365.

F@(k your shitty app paddy power.
  • Options

meldrew66 said:

No!

Blimey, that's out of order. Sorry he was a loser for you PBS.......... will endeavour to make amends next time.
  • Options
    anyone on anything for over the sea at punchestown, last jump action of the season.

by no means a tip but hollowgraphic in the 6.05 is worth a bet at ew in my opinion.
  • Options

meldrew66 said:

No!

Blimey, that's out of order. Sorry he was a loser for you PBS.......... will endeavour to make amends next time.
    Paddy Powers app always seems shit on a Saturday, they can never cope.
  • Options
    Off to Sandown on Saturday, any tips ?
  • Options
    Be inter sting to see if Melon can turn the tables on Labaik today
  • Options

Too soon - it still hurts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

Bet Labaik refuses to start. Now that would really hurt ;-(
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Only just over it myself! Weighing up whether to back Melon today for some compensation though he's obviously a very short price and if the nut job does start he'd be a serious danger
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Just look out for a man waving a stick at the start - if he's not there Labaik will almost certainly refuse to race!!
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Only just over it myself! Weighing up whether to back Melon today for some compensation though he's obviously a very short price and if the nut job does start he'd be a serious danger
    I think Melon will still beat Labaik even if the rogue does start. I'm sure that there is plenty of improvement to come from Melon.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

I think Melon will still beat Labaik even if the rogue does start. I'm sure that there is plenty of improvement to come from Melon.
    Yes, so do I.
  • Options
    Must be a nightmare for bookies pricing up Labaik!
  • Options
    Cafc95 said:

I have taken a chance on Labaik not running a race and have backed Melon to beat three others in the field.
  • Options

Cafc95 said:

I have taken a chance on Labaik not running a race and have backed Melon to beat three others in the field.
    Yeah I actually think Melon was a good bet last night. Even if Labaik does run, you'd expect Melons progressed better since their last meet
  • Options
    That's fucking typical
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Ouch that hurt!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And that hurt even more!
  • Options
    Melons a wanker!
  • Options
    had pingshou ew in that thought was gonna get there.
  • Options
    They took each other on throughout the race and set it up for the closer.
  • Options

Totally agree. Don't see the need to lead with Melon.
  • Options

Melon beat the winner by 14 lengths at Cheltenham!! Having said that I didn't watch the race today though so don't know how it played out.

Glad I left it alone.

In other news - Bob's Boy is entered for a Class 4 Handicap Hurdle at Huntingdon on Friday and a Class 4 amateur Handicap Hurdle at Kempton on bank holiday Monday. He dropped 8lbs in the handicap after his last run so may be off a good mark (although based on his last run a couple of stone lighter might be needed). I'll post any info I get from Greatrex but I'm not exactly full of optimism!!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Melon beat the winner by 14 lengths at Cheltenham!! Having said that I didn't watch the race today though so don't know how it played out.

Glad I left it alone.

In other news - Bob's Boy is entered for a Class 4 Handicap Hurdle at Huntingdon on Friday and a Class 4 amateur Handicap Hurdle at Kempton on bank holiday Monday. He dropped 8lbs in the handicap after his last run so may be off a good mark (although based on his last run a couple of stone lighter might be needed). I'll post any info I get from Greatrex but I'm not exactly full of optimism!!
    Walsh made plenty of use of Melon throughout and got involved in a protracted tussle with Pingshou - which only served to help the horse that struggles to settle to pick them both up in the final furlong or so.

Just get Tinkler to switch Bob's Boy off for the first mile or so Bob and I'm sure he won't then need the use of a truck to get him home - and he might even win too.

I haven't lost faith so I hope you haven't either.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Glad I left it alone.

Walsh made plenty of use of Melon throughout and got involved in a protracted tussle with Pingshou - which only served to help the horse that struggles to settle to pick them both up in the final furlong or so.

Just get Tinkler to switch Bob's Boy off for the first mile or so Bob and I'm sure he won't then need the use of a truck to get him home - and he might even win too.

I haven't lost faith so I hope you haven't either.
    Faith springs eternal :)
  • Options

anyone on anything for over the sea at punchestown, last jump action of the season.

by no means a tip but hollowgraphic in the 6.05 is worth a bet at ew in my opinion.

Unlucky PH, lost by a head. Had him e/w at 8/1 tho so not too bad.
  • Options
    Yeah was unlucky that gone for pottsie ew in the last.