Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Peanuts - trainers and horses, being creatures of habit, tend to follow the same well worn paths.

So, which current 11 year old has had and will have (I hope anyway) this pattern of runs:

27/10/13......Aintree.....150.....5/7
    16/11/13......Cheltenham.....158.....9/9
    13/12/13......Cheltenham.....150.....12/13
    01/01/14......Cheltenham.....135.....PU
    19/02/14......Doncaster.....145.....8/10
    01/03/14......Newbury.....141.....2/7
    05/04/14......Aintree.....145.....UR
    26/04/14......Sandown.....141.....2/19

25/10/14......Aintree.....146.....4/5
    06/12/14......Aintree.....145.....PU
    08/02/15......Exeter.......144.....8/14
    ??/03/15.......????????......???.....?/?
    11/04/15......Aintree.....???.....1/40

• Watch out AA. Dangerous cliffs near that port. :smile:
  • You gotta let it go AA ;)
  • edited February 2015

Watch out AA. Dangerous cliffs near that port. :smile:

You gotta let it go AA ;)

Ye of little faith. I tell you it's all there. Just look at BP's historical performances in April:

26/04/14.....Sandown.....2/19
    05/04/14.....Aintree.....UR
    12/04/12.....Aintree.....2/11
    09/04/10.....Aintree.....1/10
    11/04/09.....Haydock.....2/11

In addition, unlike many inferior versions, my model incorporates that thing that simply cannot be quantified.....gut feeling.

And my massive gut feeling (and as MLC knows very well my gut is bigger than most) is that his owner Trevor Hemmings, who likes nothing better than an Aintree winner will be lifting the trophy on the 11th April ;-)

Ye of little faith. I tell you it's all there. Just look at BP's historical performances in April:

09/10/10.....Aintree.....1/10

In addition, unlike many inferior versions, my model incorporates that thing that simply cannot be quantified.....gut feeling.

And my massive gut feeling (and as MLC knows very well my gut is bigger than most) is that his owner Trevor Hemmings, who likes nothing better than an Aintree winner will be lifting the trophy on the 11th April ;-)
    It's like deja vu....all over again. :smile:

09/10/10.....Aintree.....1/10

It's like deja vu....all over again. :smile:
    Good luck with that AA, but I think Hemmings will have to settle for the Gold Cup this season!

• edited February 2015
    Interesting betting (P Power) on who'll replace McCoy as McManus's retained rider:

Barry Geraghty 1/6

Paul Townend 8/1

Ruby Walsh 10/1

Richie McClernon 12/1

Richard Johnson 20/1

Noel Fehily 20/1

Aidan Coleman 20/1

Mark Walsh 20/1

Bryan Cooper 20/1

Tom O'Brien 33/1

I've had a small wager on Aidan Coleman getting the job
  • edited February 2015

Peanuts - trainers and horses, being creatures of habit, tend to follow the same well worn paths.

So, which current 11 year old has had and will have (I hope anyway) this pattern of runs:

LOL. Seems like Phil Smith is wise to those trainer habits. Chase OR unchanged at 144 :wink:
  • Peanuts - trainers and horses, being creatures of habit, tend to follow the same well worn paths.

LOL. Seems like Phil Smith is wise to those trainer habits. Chase OR unchanged at 144 :wink:
    Surely not. I was expecting a drop of at least a couple of pounds ;-(

Still a pound lower than last year and that could make all the difference to his jumping!!!
  • Weights yet to be announced but the momentum behind AP's final GN ride (aka Shutthefrontdoor) is on. From 25s to 14s on Betfair since Sunday and bookies running for cover. If he lines up, the once a year punters will make him the shortest price fav for ages.
  • Sponsored links:

• Which is great news for people who know what they are doing as better value will be obtained elsewhere
  • I just hope that there is not a general 'conspiracy' to let McCoy win the national as the curtail closer on a fantastic career .. conspiracy theories in racing ??!! .. never happens
  • Lol thought the exact same thing lincs
  • edited February 2015
    Quick fire double
  • I just hope that there is not a general 'conspiracy' to let McCoy win the national as the curtail closer on a fantastic career .. conspiracy theories in racing ??!! .. never happens

Well, nobody on here would be dumb enough to back another of Jonjo's runners in the race!.........................................................................oh!................................ :blush:
  • Needing Ridgeway storm in the 8:10 at Chelmsford for £376
  • smiffyboy said:

Needing Ridgeway storm in the 8:10 at Chelmsford for £376

I wish you would post your bets when you place them ☺

You should set up your own tipping page mate!
  • I don't have enough time to look at everything properly and I find anything I put up in advance is crap, I got home from work and then had a quick look and placed them although all have been favourites tonight no real shocks
  • Look see posted it it lost lol
  • We are going racing at Ascot tomorrow, this is only about my third visit to any racecourse and my wife's second, I know I'm being a bit cheeky but if anyone could guide me to a good outside bet it would be appreciated and might even impress the wife that I know something about it. It's going to be a fun day out and I know we are going to lose much more than we win, but it would be nice to go with a little bit of knowledge, looking for an each way tip if possible, no pressure if it don't win or get placed as my bet would lose anyway. Just to show my expertise the last time we went we lost on every race (including backing the favourite 3 times) so I can't do any worse than that, can I?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2015
    Blimey - AP gets the leg up on the Dude in the GN Trial tomorrow.
    Slightly puzzled at Michael Scudamore's thinking with the weights yet to be finalised. Could do without a hike from 144 (2lbs lower than for last GN).
    Apart from Neptune Collonges, who was touched off in the GNT in 2012 and, as a result was 5lbs well-in at Aintree where he won by a nose, the GNT has (despite the name) a stunningly poor correlation with GN success - not altogether a surprise given the contrast in typical going.
  • We are going racing at Ascot tomorrow, this is only about my third visit to any racecourse and my wife's second, I know I'm being a bit cheeky but if anyone could guide me to a good outside bet it would be appreciated and might even impress the wife that I know something about it. It's going to be a fun day out and I know we are going to lose much more than we win, but it would be nice to go with a little bit of knowledge, looking for an each way tip if possible, no pressure if it don't win or get placed as my bet would lose anyway. Just to show my expertise the last time we went we lost on every race (including backing the favourite 3 times) so I can't do any worse than that, can I?

Don't have any good tip for Ascot Kerry but you can't go wrong with Smiffy's tips -he's sizzling at the moment............as you've probably noticed.
    Have a great day.

I'm afraid that it's going to be a bit difficult to find too much each way at Ascot tomorrow. The first two races are only four runner affairs so they will be "win only" and the next four races have no more than seven runners (and that's assuming there are no non runners) so they will be just two places. It's only the last race that currently has three places and that's the one with the least amount of form in the book.

If I were to pick one horse I would suggest Ptit Zig in the 3.50 but you won't get too rich at about 2/1.

On the other hand, if you want to follow me to the loony bin, there is a horse in the 2.40 called Cappa Bleu who, despite being 13 now, might finish in the first two and should be around 10/1. The jockey owes me a lot of money for his "riding" in previous Grand Nationals - and knowing him he will probably do me another dis-service tomorrow by finishing 3rd.

As I type, I can hear Peanuts laughing and Mid Life Crisis screaming "let it go" ;-(
  • Ok thanks peanuts, he certainly doing well, we are both really looking forward to it, it's the wife's combined Christmas and birthday present, we are doing the fine dining and afternoon tea which looks fun. That's hope smiffy can help us.
  • Sorry charltonkerry I will be at lingfield tomorrow so will look more to that but if anything catches the eye I will let you know
  • @Absurdistan may be the man to help you out
  • Cheers smiffy, not to worry, just thought someone may have a better idea than me, being that I have brought me and the wife afternoon tea for both of us, I definitely having a flutter on tea for two, must be an absolute certainty :-)
  • Sorry addickaddict missed your tip, funny enough I was thinking Cappa Bleu as I'm an olden as well, so can't see any reason for not losing my money on him.
  • charltonkerry in the 3.50 Ptit Zig and in the 4.20 Saint Charles.
  • Big Chief Benny