Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• smiffyboy said:

Piss off out now burgers for you

lol killed a few small stake accas for me.
    Not angry, it's standard for this form of racing.
    Horse ploughed through the last and was knackered.
  • Abs that's twice in 6 weeks it's happened and cost me a few quid, first time I found it funny, second time around it's give me the hump but as you say what more do you expect from this standard
  • Nice evening treble to play with tomorrow
  • Nice one Smiffy, you love your short priced favs. LOL
    Up to 7 winners today already. booom, boom, boom etc
    Soll ran well, interesting national option. boom
  • I know it's a deathwish to take on an unbeaten Pipe runner in the Imperial Cup but I shall be doing so [5 places e/w] at 12/1 with Arzal, from the up and coming Harry Whittington yard.
    ...................and if you take a tip from me for a 2m hurdle race you're probably off your rocker. :smiley:
  • I know it's a deathwish to take on an unbeaten Pipe runner in the Imperial Cup but I shall be doing so [5 places e/w] at 12/1 with Arzal, from the up and coming Harry Whittington yard.
    ...................and if you take a tip from me for a 2m hurdle race you're probably off your rocker. :smiley:

LOL...beaten at half way, what a debacle :blush:
  • Did I hear PDR has been injured
  • smiffyboy said:

Did I hear PDR has been injured

Didn't hear anything smiffy but I wasn't dwelling on the afters - did Newland say something when interviewed?
  • I thought I heard the commentator say something but again I was painting the hall way and so wasn't paying proper attention
  • Sponsored links:

• smiffyboy said:

I thought I heard the commentator say something but again I was painting the hall way and so wasn't paying proper attention

No apparent reaction on Betfair and confirmed earlier for the Pertemps on Thursday so I guess he's OK. Needs a strong show (again) to have a chance of doing a Rummy (IMHO).
  • I have Edeymi for the pertemps been backing him since the qualifier, at 16's all the way in to 8's fingers crossed had about £100 on him so far, him and vigil my 2 big shouts at the festival
  • Good luck Chief.
    I shall be leaping off the cliff with Cole Harden in the world hurdle, otherwise keeping powder dry :wink:
  • edited March 2015
    I fancy cole harden especially at 25's could produce a great run shouldn't be that price in my eyes, had a poor run in the cleeve hurdle but has since had a wind op
  • Favourites winning at Wolverhampton has me about £150 quid up for the day. I love you Ryan Moore.
  • Nice evening treble at wolves tonight cheltenham who??????
  • Nice one smiffy
  • I see you did alright at wolves too VG
  • smiffyboy said:

Nice evening treble at wolves tonight cheltenham who??????

The Bank of England may have packed in printing money but nobody's told smiffy to stop

:smiley:

Keep it rollin' Chief. Brilliant.
  • Cheers peanuts let's hope today brings some more
  • Sponsored links:

• So @PeanutsMolloy 3:50 Uttoxeter Midlands grand national chase tomorrow, any fancies?
  • smiffyboy said:

So @PeanutsMolloy 3:50 Uttoxeter Midlands grand national chase tomorrow, any fancies?

Tbh smiffy I've not had time to to have a close look but at first glance it looks like a number with the potential to do the biz. I love the Midlands Nat (used to go on from Cheltenham to Uttoxeter and it's a great day there) but I may end up watching rather than punting. Will post any fancies if I have them tomorrow. Would like to see just how testing it is.
  • OK, much to Mrs Molloy's annoyance, I've spent an hour looking at the stats instead of sharing the delights of a recording of Masterchef.

I'll go with a quick and dirty on the stats:

Weight: <10-13
    Won over at least 3m
    3+ runs in the season
    Last run: <30 days

Leaves 4:

Samingarry 33/1
    Catching On 3/1
    Woodford County 18/1
    Foxbridge 16/1

Can't bring myself to back the fav Catching On at a stupid (AP related) price so will go e/w the other 3.

NB. LOW CONVICTION = SMALL STAKES
  • Fancy Bertie Boru
  • edited March 2015
    Only Synchronised has carried >10-12 to win it this century.
    No horse older than 9 has won it since 1995.

.........but stats are there to be broken.
  • Apologises to mrs Molloy for asking the question
  • Only Synchronised has carried >10-12 to win it this century.

novice won the Gold Cup, first since Captain Christy in 1974.
    so whats 14 years ;-)
  • edited March 2015

Only Synchronised has carried >10-12 to win it this century.

novice won the Gold Cup, first since Captain Christy in 1974.
    so whats 14 years ;-)
    You're absolutely right. I had a top-weight nailed on to win the 2012 GN so I'm a fine one to talk.......nonetheless percentages dear boy, percentages!
  • Gone with Foxbridge
  • smiffyboy said:

Gone with Foxbridge

I feel the weight of responsibility :smile:

On handicap, got to be worried about AP's horse as he won the Devon Nat so well with 11-11 but it was only 11 days ago (this will be his 3rd race, each on soft~heavy in 37 days), on the customary testing going today (not made any better by an earlier 3m chase) over half a mile further than at Exeter....10/3 looks a tad skinny.
    Happy to play for at least one of the places and hope for a bit of extra luck.
    Good luck smiffy.