Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Its great fun smithyboy my horse had its fourth race yesterday and its all been very poor so far but I'm loving every minute of it,my horse is very green and backward at the moment.Im sure you will enjoy every moment too and hope you get a good one
  • it's my dream to get into race horse ownership. Expensive old game though isn't it?
  • smiffyboy said:

Just about to go into racehorse ownership myself In the next few months, it gives you hopes and dreams, although I bet mine ends up on Blackpool beach doing rides up and down it

Nice one smiffy, very best of luck.
    Flat or jumps? Trainer?
  • edited March 2015
    Cheers killer kish can't wait getting excited, what's the name of it.

Peanuts from it's breeding it looks like it will be a 5-7f sprinter which is what I want, it's sire Equiano won the Royal Ascot King Stands stakes. It's yet to be named but will let you know in time.
  • Brill. Enjoy it Smiffy. Don't forget your old CL buddies when you're plotting your first coup. :wink:
  • Cheers peanuts, I will never forget my buddies
  • My fellow is Bien Faire smithyboy and will look to get involved with another one soon
  • Great stuff killer, good luck for the future and to tasting the winners enclosure.
  • Cheers smithy but it's going to be a long time before he makes the winners enclosure! He is very backward at the moment and showing nothing on the course like he does at home so it's a case of getting a handicap mark and then put him away for a few months to grow up and mature this one is very much a long term project.He is bred to be a 3 mile plus good ground chaser at the moment his learning very very slowly at 2 mile hurdles on soft / good to soft ground.
  • Cheers smithy but it's going to be a long time before he makes the winners enclosure! He is very backward at the moment and showing nothing on the course like he does at home so it's a case of getting a handicap mark and then put him away for a few months to grow up and mature this one is very much a long term project.He is bred to be a 3 mile plus good ground chaser at the moment his learning very very slowly at 2 mile hurdles on soft / good to soft ground.

Very best of luck killer.......see you at Aintree 2019 :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

Sounds like a plot to me. Who's the trainer? Tony Martin? Jonjo? Tony Newcombe? One of the Welsh Tafia?

Don't forget to tell your friends on CL when the time is right. Make sure you get the best prices first of course ;-)
  • Hopefully the weather changes soon and you can get the ground he likes, get him settled and then sting the handicapper and the bookies, as long as you don't lose faith and keep enjoying it, that's all that matters.
  • Thanks peanuts,addict and smiffy.The trainer is Anthony Honeyball and I'm loving every minute of it and looking to get another,always knew this one was going to be a long term project as he was bought as a four year old with no racecourse experience.Looking to run again in a few weeks and have a stable visit this Sunday with racing at Wincanton afterwards,the perfect day.
  • Thanks peanuts,addict and smiffy.The trainer is Anthony Honeyball and I'm loving every minute of it and looking to get another,always knew this one was going to be a long term project as he was bought as a four year old with no racecourse experience.Looking to run again in a few weeks and have a stable visit this Sunday with racing at Wincanton afterwards,the perfect day.

Honeyball is one of THE up and coming trainers so your horse is in very good hands and is one of a very few who shows a level stake profit.

Good luck with Bien Faire and I hope you have lots of fun in years to come.
  • smiffy/killer kish, are you guys part of an owners syndicate?
  • I was lucky enough to be within earshot of someone speaking to the co-owner of cloudy Bob when "the nod" was given in November???
    Resulted in a free weekend. Which was nice!
  • VG yes I will be for my first venture 1/10th to get the taste for it and have a good look before moving on in a few years time to owning 50% of one.
  • smiffyboy said:

VG yes I will be for my first venture 1/10th to get the taste for it and have a good look before moving on in a few years time to owning 50% of one.

Nice one mate. Good luck, keep us updated with name etc.
  • Of course mate will do
  • VG yes I'm part of a syndicate and also have a tenth share and have enjoyed it so much that I'm looking at getting a bigger share in another horse.As regards Anthony Honeyball he is a class blokelus a very good trainer and would certainly have him training my next horse if possible,he has so much time for you and will go through everything and answer anything too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can anyone find a horse called benandonna he's an old boy running on the flat in the next few days trained by John best
  • edited March 2015
    benandonner
    tomorrow, 2.50 lingfield
  • Thank you Paul couldn't find it for some reason been told to back it will win, make of it what you want, was told to back Berrahri tonight from the same person who duly romped home tonight at Chelmsford
  • When Besty has one ready lump on.
  • Isn't trained by best either that's what threw me but that's who it's come from
  • There's a third horse running soon, I will find out who that is tomorrow
  • benandonner
    tomorrow, 2.50 lingfield

10s, all over that!
  • CAFCsayer said:

benandonner
    tomorrow, 2.50 lingfield

10s, all over that!
    Drifting like a barge.
  • As long as it runs like a power boat, drifting like a barge we like, although only passing on info make of it what you want
  • Gassin Golf - 4.20 Newbury