Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Cheers Smiffyboy. Did it each way - 1 more stride and he'd have got up. Bloody unlucky.
  • That's agonising
  • Benandonna 2nd in a photo finish that was hard to call
  • smiffyboy said:

Thank you Paul couldn't find it for some reason been told to back it will win, make of it what you want, was told to back Berrahri tonight from the same person who duly romped home tonight at Chelmsford

Knew I shouldve gone each way, was unlucky there mate
  • smiffyboy said:

As long as it runs like a power boat, drifting like a barge we like, although only passing on info make of it what you want

Unlucky.
    Was widest coming off bend and another couple of strides would've seen it home.
  • So so close that but nothing for second but 2 more strides and it was his, sums my luck up ATM
  • Will find out what the 3rd horse was
  • Sickener.
    Don't go each-way, so my shocking run continues.
    Anyway, very good info Smiffyboy - just odd how there didn't appear to be any money for the horse in the market.
  • Thank you very much bob you beauty
  • smiffyboy said:

Thank you very much bob you beauty

He's got to find the money for his somewhat generous charity contributions somehow ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Happily oblige
  • smiffyboy said:

Happily oblige

Nice one Smiffy and unlucky with your tip.

Now here's mine for the day - charge your battery before you run out of juice ;-)
  • Lol no chance off for a couple of pints!!!!
  • smiffyboy said:

Thank you very much bob you beauty

:smile:
  • 10million Dollar Dubai World Cup on Saturday at Meydan, the Americans have brought California Chrome over, promises to be a great race and interesting to see how it does outside of America.
  • smiffyboy said:

10million Dollar Dubai World Cup on Saturday at Meydan, the Americans have brought California Chrome over, promises to be a great race and interesting to see how it does outside of America.

Taking him on Smiffy with a home grown.
    Ps Good luck with the horse ownership. Great Stuff.
  • Cheers abs, who you fancy? African Story?
  • smiffyboy said:

Cheers abs, who you fancy? African Story?

Candy Boy, reasoning is trainer and the composition of the dirt track.
  • Favourites day today at wolves Abs hope you was on board!!!!
  • smiffyboy said:

Favourites day today at wolves Abs hope you was on board!!!!

Well done Smiffy, must have the hindlegs for Frankel's foal sorted by now. ;-)
    Not a huge AW fan and would never pick a set of favs at those prices.
    Strangely uncompetitive fare given that they are normally handicapped so closely.
  • Sponsored links:

• First four favourites today - 1/2, 4/11, 1/20 & 10/11 all turned over.

Bookies in clover and some "buyer" of money on Betfair with their fingers well and truly burnt.
  • Got another recommendation from the same place as last time. Again, I know nothing about horse racing, and nothing about the source of the recommendations, so dont bet your house on it.

Tomorrow (Thurs) Wolverhampton 14:50 Belvoir Diva.
  • Got another recommendation from the same place as last time. Again, I know nothing about horse racing, and nothing about the source of the recommendations, so dont bet your house on it.

Tomorrow (Thurs) Wolverhampton 14:50 Belvoir Diva.

Currently 10/1
  • edited March 2015

First four favourites today - 1/2, 4/11, 1/20 & 10/11 all turned over.

Bookies in clover and some "buyer" of money on Betfair with their fingers well and truly burnt.

The 4/11 favourite Tijan in the 2:20 at Southwell when leading with 2 furlongs to go a punter placed 3.5k on it in the inplay, ouch that must of hurt.

Cheers Blackheath will look at it.
  • Just an update my horse has been named Florencio, he's a 2 year old, the reports coming from trainer William Muir are encouraging and apparently showing a lot of ability and natural speed on the gallops and if things go to plan will debut in a 5-7 furlong race by the end of April. Will keep you all posted.
  • smiffyboy said:

Just an update my horse has been named Florencio, he's a 2 year old, the reports coming from trainer William Muir are encouraging and apparently showing a lot of ability and natural speed on the gallops and if things go to plan will debut in a 5-7 furlong race by the end of April. Will keep you all posted.

Nice one Smiffy.

2013 bay colt by Equiano (FR) ex Mary Pekan (IRE)

This striking son of Equiano was purchased from Newsells Park Stud, one of the largest stud farms in the country.
    He’s a good looking sharp colt, his mother won six races from two to four years old and has bred three winners from three runners.
    Equiano who’s nicknamed the ”King of Speed” has had a great first season as a sire with group 3 winners in his first crop.
    We’re really looking forward to this colt making his debut as we think he has a bright future. He will be named in January 2015.
  • smiffyboy said:

Just an update my horse has been named Florencio, he's a 2 year old, the reports coming from trainer William Muir are encouraging and apparently showing a lot of ability and natural speed on the gallops and if things go to plan will debut in a 5-7 furlong race by the end of April. Will keep you all posted.

Nice one Smiffy.

This striking son of Equiano was purchased from Newsells Park Stud, one of the largest stud farms in the country.
    He’s a good looking sharp colt, his mother won six races from two to four years old and has bred three winners from three runners.
    Equiano who’s nicknamed the ”King of Speed” has had a great first season as a sire with group 3 winners in his first crop.
    We’re really looking forward to this colt making his debut as we think he has a bright future. He will be named in January 2015.
    Fine stamp of a horse. Is that smiffy's steed?
  • smiffyboy said:

Nice one Smiffy.

Yep.
  • smiffyboy said:

Nice one Smiffy.

Yep.
    Nice one. Best of luck smiffy.
    Looks to me like he could handle timber when he done sprinting........well Rummy started on the flat :smiley:
  • Goodbye all and good luck with the racing etc. Hope Peanuts comes up trumps with the national. Abs.