Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Been given Boîte in the 3;35 at Stratford, Warren G trains one of the other syndicate horses. Must admit it looks very tempting !!!
  • Off to Kempton today. Had a bet on the Lincoln too, gone for Gabrial
  • Good luck Mike, gone with Zarwaan in the Lincoln
  • I've gone Bronze Angel e/w in the Lincoln
  • More cash for Paddy .. Sole Power wins the Dubai sprint
  • What About Carlo for me.

done him e/w
  • Mike said:

Off to Kempton today. Had a bet on the Lincoln too, gone for Gabrial

Well done Mike
  • smiffyboy said:

Been given Boîte in the 3;35 at Stratford, Warren G trains one of the other syndicate horses. Must admit it looks very tempting !!!

lovely .. got him at 2/1
  • Sponsored links:

Phew - scraped into 4th @ 20/1 ;-)
  • I got 3rd and 4th .. better than 10th and 11th though ((:>)
  • Won 4 races at kempton my best day rscing ever what with the Lincoln too
  • absolutely remarkable ride from Will Buick in the Dubai World Cup .. from 5 lengths behind the second to last horse with about 6 or 7 furlongs to run, to win on the outsider to bring home over £3 million .. what a ride and WHAT a horse
  • Did anyone see the 2.30 Ascot? If so just an observation question,who won the race?The best horse or the best jockey?My thoughts are it was certainly the best jockey.
  • Did anyone see the 2.30 Ascot? If so just an observation question,who won the race?The best horse or the best jockey?My thoughts are it was certainly the best jockey.

To be fair, I think the Crapper has become a bit of a shirker because it looked like it thought it had done the job. Five seconds in the last six races and no wins since November 2013.

Plus it's probably significant that his best form is at Cheltenham where his record in fields of 15 or more is 1/15, 1/20, 2/24 & 2/20,
  • Fair point AA
  • edited March 2015

Don't know if this has anything to do with it but someone seems to have flagged every single one of Abs' post to do with horses or racing.

Just in case I want to say it wasn't me. I gave up posting on this thread ages ago when I realised it wasn't a discussion on horse racing, but more about betting and stuff, and Absurdistan flagged all of my posts, and I have just got another one from the dim and distant past, from Absurdistan.
    Absurdistan I want you to know I have never flagged your post, indeed I have never flagged any post from anybody on any topic on here, and I never will however pissed off I feel.
  • Someone has named the culprit but admire your honesty Seth.
  • did Gabriel in the Lincoln at 12/1 ...well happy with that, but yesterday (Sunday) and today has been crap....anyone got any deccent tips for the coming week?
  • Sponsored links:

• Similar story for me Red. Had Gabrial in the Lincoln and had a top day at Kempton. Bored on Sunday back a handful at Ascot/Donny, not even close.
  • do any of you use myracingtips on twitter, also an app
  • edited March 2015
    Shameless plug (delete if inappropriate) as it's my son's operation (and not for just the Sport of Kings) - www.ibettingnews.com and twitter @ibettingnews - he's very good at boxing, golf and tennis.
  • I don't take much notice of them personally as a lot are just chancers drumming up there followers to then be able to offer deals from the bookies in return for sweeteners themselves
  • And never pay for tips because if they were that good they would be making enough money off their betting not to need to charge
  • smiffyboy said:

I don't take much notice of them personally as a lot are just chancers drumming up there followers to then be able to offer deals from the bookies in return for sweeteners themselves

I do wonder. For example on footy super tips, they do in plays. They're always saying they smash the in plays, but whenever I try and follow them I end up something stupid like a pound up after 4 games or something. I only looked at racing tips coz I know nothing about horse racing
  • Yeah stay away mate. Usually some teenager in his bedroom just picking horses without much thought and flogging betting companies sign ups.
  • Had a little NBA Acca come through on footy super tips last night. But you're prob right, no easy way to do this
  • cabbles said:

Had a little NBA Acca come through on footy super tips last night. But you're prob right, no easy way to do this

I really don't like the green and yellow colours on the betslips that you (and in particular Smiffyboy) post on here.