Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• 14:15 - Result

1st Cyrus Darius 8/1
    2nd Vago Collonges (FR) 7/1
    3rd Qewy (IRE) 5/1
  • 14:15 - Result

1st Cyrus Darius 8/1
    2nd Vago Collonges (FR) 7/1
    3rd Qewy (IRE) 5/1

0 for 2 on my heinz, at least i'm consistent on these things
  • 15.25 Aintree Champagne Fever
  • sralan said:

15.25 Aintree Champagne Fever

CORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
  • edited April 2015
    2 losses on first 2 TV races, but won on Don Cossack, so now £16 up, from yesterdays £5 free bet with Stan James.
    Still have 5 horses backed with yesterday's winnings.

4.05 Bennys Mist win
    Ruben Cotter win
    Maggio E/W

4.40 Roi Des Francs win
    Vyta Du Roc win
  • Why didn't Walsh put Champagne Fever in contention when he was travelling well?

No doubt Cossack would still have won but shit ride from Walsh
  • edited April 2015
    Champagne Fever looked well beaten to me half way round.

4.05 Carnage ruled but the result was :

1 Rajdhani Express 10/1
    2 Fairy Rath 25/1
    3 Rathlin 20/1
    4 Hunt Ball 25/1
  • edited April 2015

1 Thistlecrack 25-1
    2 Vyta Du Roc 10-3
    Our Kaempfer 20-1
  • Barters Hill saves the day.

Does anyone think that Willie Mullins ignores Aintree for the benefit of Cheltenham and Punchestown?

How else can one explain that he is 1/32 last five years at the National meeting?
  • The irish all seem to target Cheltenham as there main priority
  • Sponsored links:

• Awful day today - virtually lost all the winnings from yesterday!
  • smiffyboy said:

The irish all seem to target Cheltenham as there main priority

Agreed but that hasn't stopped them having five winners in the last two days. In fact, Gordon Elliot has had three times as many winners in the last 24 hours as Willie Mullins has had at the National meeting in the last five years!
  • Addickted said:

Awful day today - virtually lost all the winnings from yesterday!

Agreed. Def didn't lose all my winnings from yesterday, but 1 winner out of 7 in my super Heinz. Well done all those that profited
  • £16 up on the 2 days, thanks to Stan James Free bet 7 stake returned for 2nd place offer.

Now, we await Peanut's GN selections tomorrow.
  • Radjastan express is the only winner I've had over 2 days but have just about made a profit.
  • Addickted said:

Addickted said:

Can't believe that I've just won the last three races on the trot. Great Aintree so far.

Also had a tip on the 4.40 with Parsnip Pete as well.

And a 40/1 fourth in the Foxhunter's :smiley:

Move over Peanuts........

Addickted said:

Awful day today - virtually lost all the winnings from yesterday!

Bloody amateurs! :wink:
  • smiffyboy said:

The irish all seem to target Cheltenham as there main priority

Agreed but that hasn't stopped them having five winners in the last two days. In fact, Gordon Elliot has had three times as many winners in the last 24 hours as Willie Mullins has had at the National meeting in the last five years!
    Agreed, but Gordon Elliot sends plenty to cheltenham but just gets over shadowed by Mullins better horses. I think Mullins trains his horses aiming at cheltenham success with that being his swan song and then after is looking to the following year and sends the odd few to aintree on the owners wish.
  • @smiffyboy you had a bet on the flat the last couple of days?? Favourites getting rolled over on the turf all over the place. Early season is like a lottery.
  • @smiffyboy you had a bet on the flat the last couple of days?? Favourites getting rolled over on the turf all over the place. Early season is like a lottery.

I haven't mate I've been so busy at work I've not really had many bets just a few aintree duds will start looking again properly Monday when things have calmed down, early season is a lottery as some need a run or two to get up to scratch, for example koukash gets his horses out early feb on the all weather never back them first run always second which 9/10 normally win
  • Going to William muir's yard tomorrow morning to see my horse in training, Martin Dwyer sat on him the other day and rode him up the gallops with entertaining Ben who he pulled away from and said he's got a nice turn of foot, which sounds exciting, his half brother Tribesman another 2yo made his debut the other Friday and won in such style that his trainer David Brown announced he was taking him straight to the Coventry stakes at Ascot, Florencio is on track to run by the end of the month so fingers crossed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Seedling - 1.30
    Sizing Granite - 2.05
    Whisper - 2.50
    Bobowen - 3.25
    Oscar Time - 4.15
    Dormello Mio - 5.10
  • He's come on loads and looks a lot bigger, had a great time at the yard this morning, can't wait for his first race.
  • Selections for today:

2:05 Aintree Gods Own
    2:50 Aintree Cole Harden
    3:00 Lingfield Gold Trail
    3:40 Lingfield Fanciful Angel
    6:50 Wolverhampton Clubland
  • Back Paul Townend at Ffos Las today.
    Either buy him on the spreads at 25pts which works out 25pts for a winner 10pts for a second and 5pts for a third or each way singles,doubles,trebles and acc.
    2.00 Clancys Cross 14/1
    3.40 Red Devil Lads 3/1
    4.10 Golden Milan 13/2
    5.15 Aurillac 11/2
  • I've backed Red devil lads today in an acca
  • Got to keep an eye on Dermot Weld's horses today as he had a 4 timer yesterday, so, his horses are pretty straight for the time of year.
  • 4:25 Market Rasen Mister Wiseman
    5:15 Ffos Las Premier Bond
    5:25 Leopardstown Oor Jock
  • Derby favourite John F Kennedy makes his season debut today at leopardstown
  • Back Paul Townend at Ffos Las today.
    Either buy him on the spreads at 25pts which works out 25pts for a winner 10pts for a second and 5pts for a third or each way singles,doubles,trebles and acc.
    2.00 Clancys Cross 14/1
    3.40 Red Devil Lads 3/1
    4.10 Golden Milan 13/2
    5.15 Aurillac 11/2

Cheers Killer. I've gone £5 e/w for the last 3 as a treble. What was your thinking behind him?
  • Cabbles I have a collection of jockeys I follow at certain courses or under certain conditions and Paul Townend is one of them and hopefully not a bad start with Clancys Cross finishing second.I bought Townsend on the spreads today myself