Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• There are a few I like today:

2:05 Cheltenham Might Bite
    4:00 Limerick Hes Our Man
    4:40 Newmarket Peacock
    5:00 Cheltenham Un Ace
    7:15 Kempton Silverheels
    8:15 Kempton Club House
    9:15 Kempton Mullionheir

good luck everyone
  • smiffyboy said:

Yes was on about the guineas watch the price come down after today's run

Maybe. To be honest the EFH looks a very poor race and if he lives up to the hype (always been a talking horse) then Faydhan should win going away. I'm still not convinced about a £3k Haydock maiden winner!!

I'll stick with Gleneagles.

• There are a few I like today:

2:05 Cheltenham Might Bite
    4:00 Limerick Hes Our Man
    4:40 Newmarket Peacock
    5:00 Cheltenham Un Ace
    7:15 Kempton Silverheels
    8:15 Kempton Club House
    9:15 Kempton Mullionheir

good luck everyone

No 50/1's getting in the way of these today I hope @Chrissy\\\'s Army!!
  • bobmunro said:

smiffyboy said:

Yes was on about the guineas watch the price come down after today's run

Maybe. To be honest the EFH looks a very poor race and if he lives up to the hype (always been a talking horse) then Faydhan should win going away. I'm still not convinced about a £3k Haydock maiden winner!!

I'll stick with Gleneagles.

Totally agree bob but I think he will win with plenty in hand it's just a prep race to get the fitness levels up and the bookies will react to cover their rear ends.
  • 25/1 and 20/1 winners on the opening two flat races.

e/w Outsiders the way to go in these early season races!!
  • Didn't see the faydhan race but listened to the William hill radio commentary.
    They weren't impressed saying "well I won't be backing that in the guineas".
  • Ran an absolute stinker, last out the stalls and never really got going after that.
  • 4.40 Newmarket Golden Horn

Nice one killer looks a good horse
  • Cheers Smiffy,I got 9/4 today but im annoyed i didnt have a bet for guineas too!
  • A bad day for me yesterday. Today is another day:

2:40 Cheltenham Lily Waugh
    2:55 Newmarket Secret Brief
    4:05 Newmarket Nafaqa
    6:50 Chelmsford Guising
    7:50 Chelmsford Meritocracy

Good luck to all having a punt today
  • Sponsored links:

• 15.30 Nmkt.... Music Master should have too much class.
  • 1:45 Newmarket - Miss MoneyPenny e/w
  • 3.30 - Lucky Kristale @ 12/1
  • A bad day for me yesterday. Today is another day:

2:40 Cheltenham Lily Waugh
    2:55 Newmarket Secret Brief
    4:05 Newmarket Nafaqa

6:50 Chelmsford Guising
    7:50 Chelmsford Meritocracy

Good luck to all having a punt today

I went for a treble on these 3

• Martyn Meade has Glen Moss in the Listed race at Lingfield (1.45). More of a 7f horse, if they do go a good clip it might run into a place. Currently 12/1 available.

AA..Well done, seems like Mr Meade is finding form just before the flat season !
    Stable starting the season well. 8/1 (unraced filly at HQ today) and 10/1 winners from last three runners.
  • 1:45 Newmarket - Miss MoneyPenny e/w

3rd, i'll take that. Got it this morning at 9/1 went in to 11/2.
  • Glory Awaits E.W. (4.40 New)

Will make all the running and may not be caught! Nailed on for a place in my opinion - generally available 12/1 - 14/1

This assumes all 8 run!
  • bobmunro said:

Glory Awaits E.W. (4.40 New)

Will make all the running and may not be caught! Nailed on for a place in my opinion - generally available 12/1 - 14/1

This assumes all 8 run!

They wanna take those brakes off his feet!
  • bobmunro said:

This assumes all 8 run!

I take it he was tailed off!! (didn't watch the race)
  • bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

This assumes all 8 run!

Front run as you said but with a furlong to go they swallowed him up and finished last
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

This assumes all 8 run!

Front run as you said but with a furlong to go they swallowed him up and finished last
    @bobmunro starring in his very own version of tinker tailor solider spy, played out on CL as he plays a mole infiltrating betting threads, convincing lifers to chuck money on also rans as his industry sector profits :wink:
  • cabbles said:

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

This assumes all 8 run!

@bobmunro starring in his very own version of tinker tailor solider spy, played out on CL as he plays a mole infiltrating betting threads, convincing lifers to chuck money on also rans as his industry sector profits :wink:
    Shush!

• Scottish National on Saturday.

Given up trying to do trend analysis to any meaningful degree for this, though form at 29f+ is a common factor for most recent winners. So I shall go with my (very unreliable) nose. Prices a tad shorter than I'd like but hey ho:

BROADWAY BUFFALO [7-10-05] (12/1 5 places) - one trend I do like is that those that make the frame in the 4m NH chase at the Festival have a good record in the Ayr marathon the following month:

Stormez - 2003 - close runner up in both [6-10-10 for the Scot Nat]
    Another Rum - 2005 - winner Chelt, then 10L 3rd at Ayr [7-10-00 (17lbs out of the handicap)]
    Old Benny - 2008 - winner, then 4th at Ayr [7-10-00]
    Beshabar - 2011 - runner-up, then won at Ayr [9-10-04]
    Godsmejudge - 2013 - 3rd, then won at Ayr [7-11-03]

7 y-o BB was 1.5L 2nd at The Festival to Cause of Causes, runs off a winnable-with 10.05

BENVOLIO [8-10-09] (14/1 5 places) - would have been a leading selection last Saturday by my GN model but was scratched by Nicholls (idiot! Obviously would have won :smiley: ). Would put my boot thru the tele if he won and I hadn't backed him. Close 2nd in Welsh National with 11-03 on testing ground but should handle the quicker ground on Saturday (excellent win on quick ground at Newbury as a novice). AP on board. Could this be the National fairytale for the Champion jockey?

HARRY THE VIKING [10-10-00] (25/1 5 places) - Close 2nd to T43 in the 4m NH chase at the 2012 Festival (Good ground) but then failed in this in 2012 (ha...so much for Broadway Buffalo!) when favourite. Lost his way a little and PU'd in 2013 GN but rejuvenated this season for new yard and with cheek pieces applied (now owned by Auroras Encore's owners). Got a touch of seconditis in last 3 races but really likeable efforts, finishing all (including 29f GN Trial on Soft) like 4m+ is now right up his street. Happy to trust that, over 4m, he's still capable of handling quicker ground.

Warning - LOW CONVICTION.
  • Scottish National on Saturday.

Given up trying to do trend analysis to any meaningful degree for this, though form at 29f+ is a common factor for most recent winners. So I shall go with my (very unreliable) nose. Prices a tad shorter than I'd like but hey ho:

BROADWAY BUFFALO [7-10-05] (12/1 5 places) - one trend I do like is that those that make the frame in the 4m NH chase at the Festival have a good record in the Ayr marathon the following month:

Stormez - 2003 - close runner up in both [6-10-10 for the Scot Nat]
    Another Rum - 2005 - winner Chelt, then 10L 3rd at Ayr [7-10-00 (17lbs out of the handicap)]
    Old Benny - 2008 - winner, then 4th at Ayr [7-10-00]
    Beshabar - 2011 - runner-up, then won at Ayr [9-10-04]
    Godsmejudge - 2013 - 3rd, then won at Ayr [7-11-03]

7 y-o BB was 1.5L 2nd at The Festival to Cause of Causes, runs off a winnable-with 10.05

BENVOLIO [8-10-09] (14/1 5 places) - would have been a leading selection last Saturday by my GN model but was scratched by Nicholls (idiot! Obviously would have won :smiley: ). Would put my boot thru the tele if he won and I hadn't backed him. Close 2nd in Welsh National with 11-03 on testing ground but should handle the quicker ground on Saturday (excellent win on quick ground at Newbury as a novice). AP on board. Could this be the National fairytale for the Champion jockey?

HARRY THE VIKING [10-10-00] (25/1 5 places) - Close 2nd to T43 in the 4m NH chase at the 2012 Festival (Good ground) but then failed in this in 2012 (ha...so much for Broadway Buffalo!) when favourite. Lost his way a little and PU'd in 2013 GN but rejuvenated this season for new yard and with cheek pieces applied (now owned by Auroras Encore's owners). Got a touch of seconditis in last 3 races but really likeable efforts, finishing all (including 29f GN Trial on Soft) like 4m+ is now right up his street. Happy to trust that, over 4m, he's still capable of handling quicker ground.

Warning - LOW CONVICTION.

Cheers peanuts. I'd rather go with your tips than these twitter feeds I sign up for.

• Martyn Meade has Glen Moss in the Listed race at Lingfield (1.45). More of a 7f horse, if they do go a good clip it might run into a place. Currently 12/1 available.

AA..Well done, seems like Mr Meade is finding form just before the flat season !
    Stable starting the season well. 8/1 (unraced filly at HQ today) and 10/1 winners from last three runners.
    Started where he left off. Gutted I missed it but will start blindly backing his 2 year olds !
  • Cheers cabbles. Sealbh ort .
  • Multilingual half sister to Kingman and full sister to Remote makes her debut today in the 4:30 at Newbury so should be interesting to see if she lives up to her potential
  • Today's losers are:

1:10 Fontwell Buckhorn Timothy
    3:15 Fontwell Exemplary
    4:55 Southwell Noble Witness
    5:15 Tipperary Usa
    6:10 Bath Demora
    6:15 Tipperary Joshua Lane
    7:05 Dundalk Vocal Warm Up

Good luck everyone

Started where he left off. Gutted I missed it but will start blindly backing his 2 year olds !
    He has Explain in the Bath 5.40 today but all the value has walked out the door with it being around 7/4.

Of more interest might be Maybe Definitely in the Newbury 5.10 tomorrow - an unraced 3-y-o.
  • Benvolio scratched from Scot Nat - ground.
    The Thompson's bought him as GN horse - seems like they'll need to find a new trainer if they want to see him run in an April National.