Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Smiffy im loving every minute of it and the jockey believes the penny will drop with him and was really gutted today because he would of been running left handed an extra half mile and on good ground all things he hasn't had yet
  • smiffyboy said:

Anyone's thoughts on grey lion for the derby? Currently 16s.
    A fella I know has mentioned it and I've won money before through him putting me onto trading leather a couple of years ago.

2 runs 2 wins, from Galileo, other foals have done well interesting especially throwing in the background of your pal, gotta be worth a backing surely
    Only thing stopping me is the recent rise in price (although small lays) on betfair exchange. Am thinking this could mean it not running.
  • Wait till the declaration stage although the price may come in by then but that's all part of gambling
  • Fancy jellicle ball in the 1000 guineas.
  • Jockey to back today is Richard Johnson at Market Rasen.Buy him on the spreads at 24 with points scored as 25 winner,10second,5 third.
    2.50 Mountain King
    3.25 GOne Forever
    4.35 Casper King
    5.05 Bonvilston Boy
  • smiffyboy said:

Just an update on Florencio,

He will be making his debut on either

Wednesday 13th may in the 5:15 5f maiden at bath

Or

Thursday 14th may in the 2:20 5f maiden at sailsbury

Will know what race at the 5 day declaration stage.

@smiffyboy any further news on this?
  • smiffyboy said:

Just an update on Florencio,

He will be making his debut on either

Wednesday 13th may in the 5:15 5f maiden at bath

Or

Thursday 14th may in the 2:20 5f maiden at sailsbury

Will know what race at the 5 day declaration stage.

@smiffyboy any further news on this?
    Not showing on the bath card so would imagine will be Salisbury.
  • Sorry lads forgot to add found out Sunday that he pulled up slightly lame after some work on Saturday, x rays showed that he has a tiny spur his near hind hock (tiny bone chip basically in the joint) common apparently in 2 yr olds comes with development, he needs to spend 10-14 days on the horse walker which will cure the problem and he can then resume training so likely to be another few weeks, was gutted when I heard was planning a big day out.
  • Sums my luck up though can't remember the last tidy win I had, the flat racing needs to settle down too many strange results keep shafting my accas
  • Sponsored links:

• Ah gutted for ya mate, was looking forward to having a couple of quid on him.
  • edited May 2015
    Cheers mate it will happen was really looking forward to it
  • Missed Martyn Meade's 9/1 winner yesterday but he runs Explain in the Ling 2.30 and Annie Salts in the Asc 6.05 with just the one running tomorrow, Glen Moss in the Victoria Cup (Asc 3.45).
  • Missed Martyn Meade's 9/1 winner yesterday but he runs Explain in the Ling 2.30 and Annie Salts in the Asc 6.05 with just the one running tomorrow, Glen Moss in the Victoria Cup (Asc 3.45).

I missed it too as well as Scalzo last week !
  • 14.35 Ascot..... Winter Thunder.
  • I've gone for winter thunder in my acca
  • Oh brilliant I got Agent Murphy in that lol
  • I wouldn't worry too much VG I'm on a shocking losing streak that don't look like ending
  • Sorry to hear about your horse being slightly lame smiffyboy,just a slight delay to your first of many great days out with him
  • Cheers killer it's only a minor setback so hopefully should get that debut soon
  • Sponsored links:

• Told you VG
  • edited May 2015
    O'Brien hotpot turned over in the Oaks trial with Moore on board; Moore wins Derby trial on unfancied O'Brien runner, turning over 2/5 fav.
    As my dear old Dad used to say 'remember, they don't run them for us.'
  • Shit ride by Moore on wedding vowel though gave him to much to do and got him pinned in
  • smiffyboy said:

Shit ride by Moore on wedding vowel though gave him to much to do and got him pinned in

..in a very slowly run race.

• I let you down last time with my jockey performance but here I go again and Richard Johnson is the one to follow at Towcester tonight,he can be bought on the spreads at 19.8.
    6.00 The Kvilleken
    6.30 Rosie Revenue
    7.00 Kyles Faith
    8.30 Viva Rafa
  • William Muir decided to enter York Minster instead of Florencio in the 5:15 at bath tonight after him pulling up lame despite blowing the start managed to finish 4th, Florencio has been out pacing him on the gallops in training so a positive can only being taken from that result
  • That does sound positive smiffyboy and i bet you can't wait for him to run now.My boys entered up at Uttoxeter this Saturday night
  • He's been checked over by the vet Monday so fingers crossed he can resume training, are you making the trip Saturday?
  • Yes I will be there Saturday and wouldn't miss no matter how poor he has been so far.Just hoping he gets in as he was balloted out of his last entry the day before,so hoping for better news tomorrow.He has improved at home but something happens when he gets to the racecourse which isn't good for a racehorse!!!!!
  • I'm going to open myself up yet again on my jockey performances and to make matters worse its Richard Johnson again at Perth today,I know the last two efforts have been piss poor!
    3.35 Seeyouallincoppers
    4.40 Sand Artist
    5.10 Russian Regent
    5.45 Western Home
    He isn't one of my favourite jockeys but should at least have a double today and can be bought on the spreads at 42