Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• A new twist has occurred as regards my horse one of the syndicate members who deals with a charity in Sussex are willing to take the horse on and treat him and hopefully get him back to partial fitness certainly not raceable again,they just require a donation of £1800.It has been voted this will happen and the horse will be moved next week,my only concerns are the horse still has the injury and suffering and the charity the trainer knew wouldn't take the horse on because of the injury being so serious,I just hope it is the best for the horse?
  • ???
    I thought your horse was put down?
  • That was the last I heard on Monday as that was the decision made and then yesterday I was told the above was a possible and then that it was happening!
  • 8:05 Southwell Stickee Fingers will go close
  • smiffyboy said:

8:05 Southwell Stickee Fingers will go close

How close ?????
  • Gavin Sheehan is my jockey to follow at Southwell tonight on the spreads
    5.35 The Winking Prawn
    6.35 Via Volupta
    7.35 Knight Bachelor
    8.05 Stickee Fingers
  • Legatissimo in the Oaks.
  • sralan said:

Legatissimo in the Oaks.

Crystal Zvezda for me.
  • Crystal Zvezda for me too
  • Typical woman - threw a strop!! Hughesy did well to stay on her!
  • Sponsored links:

• Crystal really not interested one bit and wouldn't settle at all
  • edited June 2015
    The Oaks: It was nice of Joseph O'Brien to steer his horse right across other runners, thereby pushing two main rivals into the rail and allowing: a) his father's trained winner and b) the second owned by his father's main benefactors a pretty clear run .. O'Brien J deserves a six month ban
  • Golden Horn in the Derby.
  • Gone for Jack Hobbs.
  • Programme on c4 last night about Sir Henry Cecil and Frankel, brilliant viewing best horse ever, best trainer ever.
  • Programme on c4 last night about Sir Henry Cecil and Frankel, brilliant viewing best horse ever, best trainer ever.

Watched it this morning on catch up, great programme and I believe the horse gave him the will to live longer in his fight against cancer
  • Haven't seen the programme yet but do agree with you smiffy that the horse gave him the will to live longer.
  • edited June 2015
    Really good programme. When they showed the famous quote from Henry at the end, after Frankel had won his last race, I had to wipe away a tear. 'The best I've had, the best I've seen - I'd be surprised if there's been a better'.

A true legend of a man, and a true legend of a racehorse. I never thought I'd see in my lifetime a better horse than Brigadier Gerard, but I believe Frankel takes the mantel as the best ever.
  • Frankel went off to stud and he died 6 months later
  • Sponsored links:

• The win in the Guineas, and especially the Juddmonte were breath taking.
  • The win in the Guineas, and especially the Juddmonte were breath taking.

Agreed, and I assume you mean the Juddmonte International at York. I would also single out the (Juddmonte) Royal Lodge at Ascot as a two-year old, and his first Sussex Stakes as a three-year old when he totally destroyed Canford Cliffs.

• The one at York last to first in seconds.
  • He had such a high cruising speed it was unreal just breezed past them all effortlessly while all the other jockeys were working hard Queally was motionless on him and when asked him to go he lit up.
  • 3:35 Doncaster

Azraff
  • smiffyboy said:

3:35 Doncaster

Azraff

I have that in a double with Desert Ace 7.45 Newcastle.

• I have it with goodyearforoses in the 7:15 Newcastle , singles n double
  • Don Spencer
  • Gabrial the Tiger 18.30 Chester.
  • Any tips for today Guys