Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• I've gone for Seamour in the Plate at Newcastle (3:45).
  • 5 horses picked between us yesterday not one winner, so avoid all tips :wink:
  • Huntsman close 3:55 Windsor
  • really like Clever Cookie in the plate so impressive last time out.

I'm on Clever Cookie too

I'm on Clever Cookie too
    Non runner because of ground
  • 3.45 Newcastle - Quest for More e/w
  • after jockey change .. Notarised
  • sralan said:

3.45 Newcastle - Quest for More e/w

nice one ((:>)
  • 9:00 Windsor

Sumeida

Big run expected
  • Sponsored links:

• Kauto Star has been put down, following a pelvic fracture.

Great horse.
  • RIP Kauto - won me a few pints over the years in the King George
  • MrOneLung said:

Kauto Star has been put down, following a pelvic fracture.

Great horse.

Great horse indeed - one of the very best chasers ever.
  • MrOneLung said:

Kauto Star has been put down, following a pelvic fracture.

Great horse.

One of the best ever. Never understood why the old boy wasn't allowed to retire gracefully instead of being made to learn another discipline after such a long and arduous career.
  • RIP Kauto - A great horse I was lucky enough to see at Cheltenham many times.
  • Really sad news.

Was at Cheltenham in 2008 for the Gold Cup. I remember it was such a great atmosphere - the high winds had cancelled out the first day and we had a bumper 9 races as they caught up. Seeing Kauto and Denman in the parade ring beforehand and the admiration of all around for two wonderful horses.

Was always puzzled about the move to dressage. Thought it would have been nice to just let him live out his days in the yard, running out with other horses from time to time.
  • I always thought Jousting was the sport of kings....
  • TelMc32 said:

Really sad news.

Was at Cheltenham in 2008 for the Gold Cup. I remember it was such a great atmosphere - the high winds had cancelled out the first day and we had a bumper 9 races as they caught up. Seeing Kauto and Denman in the parade ring beforehand and the admiration of all around for two wonderful horses.

Was always puzzled about the move to dressage. Thought it would have been nice to just let him live out his days in the yard, running out with other horses from time to time.

Yeah, thanks for that Tel. We had tickets for day 1 :-)

We ended up, on an all day bender, up town, starting at Paddington.

Great day.

PS Whenever I backed Kauto, Denman won.
    Whenever I backed Denman, Kauto won.
  • TelMc32 said:

Really sad news.

Great day.

Lol...sorry mate. If it helps, I managed to lose on every single freakin' race!! If that first day hadn't been blown out at least I would have limited my losses to 6 races instead of 9!! :neutral:

Had a mate who followed the horses sending me tips all day from Ireland. Useless!! As the last race started, he then sends me a text saying he's had big money on an outsider he's been following for ages - not the one he had tipped for me two minutes earlier.

Needless to say, the outsider romped in at 33-1!!!

I had the same luck as you with Kauto/Denman backing!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2015
    TelMc32 said:

TelMc32 said:

Really sad news.

Great day.

Lol...sorry mate. If it helps, I managed to lose on every single freakin' race!! If that first day hadn't been blown out at least I would have limited my losses to 6 races instead of 9!! :neutral:

Had a mate who followed the horses sending me tips all day from Ireland. Useless!! As the last race started, he then sends me a text saying he's had big money on an outsider he's been following for ages - not the one he had tipped for me two minutes earlier.

Needless to say, the outsider romped in at 33-1!!!

I had the same luck as you with Kauto/Denman backing!
    @TelMc32 The same bloke would go into a bookies in Dublin and put a trio on the dogs in Crayford on a Saturday morning and watch it come in!
  • RIP to an absolute legend, the 'Galactico' of the horse racing jumps world
  • After another minor set back a few weeks ago Florencio will being doing a piece of work today to assess his fitness and if he comes through it which is expect will be entered into a race straight away, fingers crossed all is well.
  • Hope it all goes well today Smiffyboy and your horse will be on the track racing very soon.At the moment I'm just going through purchasing two horses one from the sales which is unnamed and won't race until next year plus a 6 year old hurdler which is at Honeyball's yard plus the new horse from the sales will be going there too.
  • smiffyboy said:

After another minor set back a few weeks ago Florencio will being doing a piece of work today to assess his fitness and if he comes through it which is expect will be entered into a race straight away, fingers crossed all is well.

Keeping tabs on him as he was a late foal , May, and the dam won 6 races
  • The sire Equiano won the kings stands at ascot twice
  • The unraced Patanjali in the 7:00 at Newbury is expected to go well and has good e/w claim at 16/1
  • smiffyboy said:

The unraced Patanjali in the 7:00 at Newbury is expected to go well and has good e/w claim at 16/1

Only 12s with paddy power but is paying 4 places for that race.
  • 14 now bet 365 but 3 places,

Good luck with that Killer hope it works out well for you
  • Patanjali 4th