Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• I bet we was on the Titanic in our previous lives!
  • H.Codben has another ride for Honeyball today at Worcester 2.10 Horace Hazel.Again no news on the chances of the horse but really thought the jockey had won on yesterday's mount only to get done in the last strides,2nd at 9/1.
  • The 7lb claimer he gets helps the cause no end although I've backed Horstead valley in that race
  • Now withdrawn so Horace is now 2/1 fav
  • Any update today killer is the injury still as bad as first thought?
  • The horse has eaten well which is a positive but the leg is now in plaster until the vet comes and does a full assessment on Thursday and Honeyball is saying it really is 50/50 at the moment.
  • Free Eagle running in the tattersalls gold cup at the curragh next weekend price comes online Friday jump on it early should win it
  • Mike said:

De Sousa loves Chelmsford always one to be on

Rode a hat trick their tonight
  • loves it mate. Went down there a few weeks back and he had a double up. Has a crazy good record there. When I went it was something along the lines of 8 runs 6 wins something daft
  • He's a jockey I've always rated and I was shocked when he lost the Godolphin ride to the over rated serial loser Fallon
  • Sponsored links:

• smiffyboy said:

He's a jockey I've always rated and I was shocked when he lost the Godolphin ride to the over rated serial loser Fallon

Fallon is the only jockey that turns me off backing a horse. Not a great fan of JP Spencer either.
  • Fallon makes shocking decisions and in my eyes looks as though he doesn't try and just there to pick up his riding fee. Never really thought too much about spencer but now you say it I can see your point with him too.
  • Spencer is good when he times his rides right. Just a shame whenever I back him his poxy horse's never seem to pick up.
  • As Nicholas says when Spencer gets it right it looks great. But far too often he doesn't and that really is why he lost the Coolmore gig in my opinion.

Talking about Spencer I used to have to chuckle when someone like Jim McGrath would ask Emma Spencer (when she was at the time with her husband) what the chances of his ride(s) were that day. Her response "I haven't a clue. We have better things to talk about".

Strange that. He a jockey and her a pundit but that don't/aren't allowed to talk about the horses he rides. Must have been even harder for both her brother and father. What with them both being professional punters!
  • Spencer has just fucked up in the first at haydock riding the 5/4 favourite life less ordinary dropped him in to last place then turning for home has 20 lengths to find by the time he makes the ground up is fucked has nothing the last furlong and finishes abouth 7th thinks he's riding a machine like Faugheen
  • told ya, he's shocking!
  • Never paid any attention before but watched that race and saw your point made me laugh
  • Just to let you guys know my horse Bien Faire was put down yesterday due to his injury which was very serious,hehad ruptured his off fore tendon and was suffering.
  • Just to let you guys know my horse Bien Faire was put down yesterday due to his injury which was very serious,hehad ruptured his off fore tendon and was suffering.

Really sorry to hear that mate.
  • Was just thinking about this and hoping that as the thread hadn't had any comments for a few days that no news was good news.
    Sorry to hear this kk.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks guys it's been a week of turmoil really and if he was to be treated it would take 18 months of more pain that he is currently going through at the moment and only a partial recovery could be made with his quality of life unsure at the end of it.
  • Really sorry to hear that killer
  • Thanks Smiffy,what's the latest on your horse
  • He got the ok from the vet last week to resume training, his fitness has dropped a little so he needs to get that back up which won't take long, should hear by the end of the week as to which race he's being entered in. I go Dubai on the 6th for a week and knowing my luck it will be the week I'm away!!!!!!
  • Tryster running at 7:45. My current favourite flat horse.
  • Fancy Arab springs proven on turf, Tryster is king of the aw will see if he can make the transition
  • King of rooks looks a class horse the same race won last year by Tiggy wiggy
  • Piss off western hymn robbed me of a nice treble, get a nice little 4 fold up nothing to great but was nearly a great day. The duck is broken and was nearly like buses all coming at once
  • Yep you were right mate, no good on turf. Shame.
  • Think they will send him to meydan