Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Unraced 2 yr.old. Source ;-)
  • Trainer Clive cox
  • 2:00 sandown Alzammaar e/w
  • McCoy's swansong .. Box Office in the Sandown 4.25
  • I've backed box office today

This will go one of two ways.

Retiring jockeys and trainers in the past have been "allowed" to win their final races. This could happen today but this isn't a seller at Plumpton but a 20 runner competitive hurdle and the microscope will be on all those riding in the race.

At a best price 10/3 Box Office isn't value and whilst I will have a saver on him I will be seeking to back something against him. Just haven't worked out what yet!

Retiring jockeys and trainers in the past have been "allowed" to win their final races. This could happen today but this isn't a seller at Plumpton but a 20 runner competitive hurdle and the microscope will be on all those riding in the race.

At a best price 10/3 Box Office isn't value and whilst I will have a saver on him I will be seeking to back something against him. Just haven't worked out what yet!
    agreed .. BUT .. I am banking (not too much though lol) on many a blind eye and deaf ear being the order of the day .. McCoy is not just any old racing pro, he's the best ever .. he didn't win the National or the Gold Cup, he'll win this one .. watch the price contract as the day wears on

agreed .. BUT .. I am banking (not too much though lol) on many a blind eye and deaf ear being the order of the day .. McCoy is not just any old racing pro, he's the best ever .. he didn't win the National or the Gold Cup, he'll win this one .. watch the price contract as the day wears on
    Apart from don't push it and synchronised.

He won the Gold Cup on Mr Mulligan as well.

the meaning was NOT THIS SEASON
  • Sponsored links:

• smiffyboy said:

Soapy Aitkin in the 1.55 Leicester horse will win and is on route to Royal Ascot

Job done
  • smiffyboy said:

Soapy Aitkin in the 1.55 Leicester horse will win and is on route to Royal Ascot

Nice one....... green as grass though :-))

• sralan said:

smiffyboy said:

Nice one....... green as grass though :-))

Proper, All 2 year olds run green on their first outing but will settle down
  • Dane o'Neil is a prick why box Aljamaaheer in when it's the best horse in the race and then get the door shut on him in the last furlong
  • 1:30 Southwell Marciano will go well
  • smiffyboy said:

1:30 Southwell Marciano will go well

Winner winner chicken dinner
  • Nice one..... the horse clearly prefers fibresand to turf.
  • Just an update on Florencio,

He will be making his debut on either

Wednesday 13th may in the 5:15 5f maiden at bath

Or

Thursday 14th may in the 2:20 5f maiden at sailsbury

Will know what race at the 5 day declaration stage.
  • Hi. Don't normally post anything like this for the sake of being heckled or laughed at, but I must say that Silver Tassie@25/1 paying 4 places in the 4.20 at punchestown tomorrow looks an outstanding price.
  • Good luck with Florencio Smiffyboy,will you be there to watch?
  • Sponsored links:

• tajaddick said:

Hi. Don't normally post anything like this for the sake of being heckled or laughed at, but I must say that Silver Tassie@25/1 paying 4 places in the 4.20 at punchestown tomorrow looks an outstanding price.

Why's that?
  • tajaddick said:

Hi. Don't normally post anything like this for the sake of being heckled or laughed at, but I must say that Silver Tassie@25/1 paying 4 places in the 4.20 at punchestown tomorrow looks an outstanding price.

Unlucky mate. In contention 2 from home, bad mistake and unseated jockey. Certainly looked place prospect at least.

• Good luck with Florencio Smiffyboy,will you be there to watch?

Goes without saying killer, can't wait getting excited, had a day off last week and managed to get the ok to go and watch him do a piece of work, they run him up the gallops over 5f with inniscastle lad a 3yr old rated at 82 inside the last furlong he opened up about a 3 length lead over him with his turn of foot so that convinced William Muir he's ready so I'm hopping he's debut goes well, been and bought me tweed jacket in anticipation for the trophy presentation lol only joking
  • 7:55 Fontwell Ron Hegerty currently 11's fancied to go well take the gamble or go ew
  • All sounds very promising Smiffy and will look forward to his first run.Mine is very backward and shown nothing on the racecourse so far but has shown improvement at home recently and will be running soon hopefully,got balloted out of a race at Fontwell today
  • edited May 2015
    Cheers killer hoping he lives up to what they keep saying. Hopefully mate he turns the corner and it clicks and understands what he's supposed to do and it will happen,fingers crossed for you, must of been gutted about today the more runs the more he will improve. To be truthful I'm enjoying it so far and wouldn't care if he comes last or first
  • Anyone's thoughts on grey lion for the derby? Currently 16s.
    A fella I know has mentioned it and I've won money before through him putting me onto trading leather a couple of years ago.
  • Anyone's thoughts on grey lion for the derby? Currently 16s.
    A fella I know has mentioned it and I've won money before through him putting me onto trading leather a couple of years ago.

2 runs 2 wins, from Galileo, other foals have done well interesting especially throwing in the background of your pal, gotta be worth a backing surely
  • smiffyboy said:

7:55 Fontwell Ron Hegerty currently 11's fancied to go well take the gamble or go ew

Into 11/2 2nd favourite
  • Shit info that one